2 replies to this topic

#1 slappynutz

slappynutz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 27 April 2003 - 12:15 PM

I've had a Matrix installed in my Xbox since last November, and even though I've had to reposition it time and time again (seems to be fixed since I filed down the pinheader and put a little electrical tape around D0 to stop it from touching anything else) it's performed pretty well.

About a month ago when I try to power on my Xbox with the matrix active, it sounds like it's trying to boot, but the light doesn't come on. I can hear the 80gb WD hdd spin up a couple times, before the big LED starts to flash red. Nothing comes on screen at all.

Now, the strange thing is that this is solved by simply unplugging my High-Def pack, then plugging it back in. The Xbox then boots flawlessly, with no problems otherwise. Anyone have any idea what it could be? When I remove the chip, for whatever reason it boots fine and to the MS dash every time.

#2 slappynutz

slappynutz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 27 April 2003 - 12:37 PM

Just want to be a bit more clear ... it tries to boot a few times, failing each time, before flashing red/green. If I unplug the video or power cable, then back in, it tends to work fine.

#3 Jewish

Jewish

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 27 April 2003 - 05:15 PM

So it isn't really your chip thats causing the problem wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users