win2000b

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 February 2006 - 07:51 PM

Bought my xbox 360 today.

Was all going well. I setup my xbox live, and also setup the media centre part. Thought I would then go into the marketplace and download a 720p trailer. Then Wham!!!! the console froze up @ 11%. Turned the console off and back on. It froze on the initial animation of the 360. Turned it off and back on again. Nothing!!! Just the power light on. No sound or nothing.

I waited 10 mins and turned it back on. Now it freezes at random times during the animation. Guess its back to the store tomorrow. sad.gif

#2 Dtmrt

Dtmrt

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 09:11 AM

Don't worry, the fan boys will say it's your fault...maybe you drove home too fast after you purchased it and that caused it to malfunction lol. Join the club, dude. The machine is great but it was rushed and it's buggy as hell. Getting a dependable 360 is like buying lottery tickets. Send it back and maybe, just maybe, you'll get a working one. 4 of my buddies have 360s and 3 of them have already had to send theirs in for repair or replacement. Hang in there and maybe MS will get their act together.

#3 Reign2425

Reign2425

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 26 February 2006 - 10:51 AM

Damn that sucks, i must be one of those lucky ones, mine has an MFR date of 11-04-05 and been working bad@$$ since 11-22-05

#4 grim_d

grim_d

The Grim Gopher

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,483 posts
  • Interests:enjoying life.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 26 February 2006 - 03:16 PM

QUOTE(Dtmrt @ Feb 26 2006, 08:18 AM) View Post

Don't worry, the fan boys will say it's your fault...maybe you drove home too fast after you purchased it and that caused it to malfunction lol. Join the club, dude. The machine is great but it was rushed and it's buggy as hell. Getting a dependable 360 is like buying lottery tickets. Send it back and maybe, just maybe, you'll get a working one. 4 of my buddies have 360s and 3 of them have already had to send theirs in for repair or replacement. Hang in there and maybe MS will get their act together.

ok so while i dont think his own fault as it probably is genuinley broken i think your statment on the rushed and buggy part is a bit unjustified. my 360 works perfect apart from my ring of light does funny things sometimes but i blame myself for that one since ive casemodded it but actual functionality ive had no problem.

i think you are basing your info on what you may have read about people with broken 360s. but people with working ones dont usually go "OMFG IT WORKS" and if you compare the people with broken ones to the poeple with working ones you will see that are dramatically different (3% of the total it is i belive are faulty)

maybe your buddies got a bad batch, i know about 5 people that got one and theyr all fine.

i remember a "small" incident where the ps2 launch consoles all blew up. hey at least the small number of broken 360's are still able to tell you theres a problem instead of doing nothing tongue.gif

call me a fanboy if you want but its inevitable that some will break and this applies to every manufacturer. although the big N seem to b able to make theyr stuff pretty fault free tongue.gif

in relation to the first post sorry to hear about your problem and i hope you get it resolved smile.gif

#5 wabby

wabby

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 12:09 PM

hummm, maybe i'll try me Xbox live and see what happens.
I havent used it yet becouse i wanted to save my trial period for later... But now i'm courios. tongue.gif

Feedback later today guys =)

#6 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 28 February 2006 - 02:54 PM

The machine is great but it was rushed and it's buggy as hell.

Pure speculation on your part. Unless you are privvy to MS databases on exact percentage faults from all units manufactured.
You are basing this on your experience which does not give an accurate picture. 11 of my friends have them and none are faulty, but that means nothing either.
@ the poster, sounds like you have a faulty one so just get it changed. the replacement will be fine. I know its a pain but it does happen with all things electronic

#7 wabby

wabby

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 09:11 PM

Tried now Xbox live... And I hate it already.
Its the worst UI that I have ever used. And i get even more pissed everytime i have to turn off the encrypten on my WLAN because the Xbox does not Support WPA_PSK.

But i had noe problems using it... did not freeze or something

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users