5 replies to this topic

#1 howufiga

howufiga

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 01:01 AM

Ok, I got my 2.6CE installed. I booted it and it comes to the "FlashBIOS 3.0.1" screen. I have an Xbox v1.6. Now, i know how to get to Xbins and I've read a few tutorials and I'm pretty confused. What Xecuter BIOS should I flash it with? The Xecuter website says not to load FlashBIOS v3.0.3 to a v1.6 Xbox. A tutorial I read said v1.6 requires FlashBIOS v3.0.3. I was in Xbins, but i don't know what file name/build to download.

After I'm done flashing the BIOS, I want to install the EvolutionX BIOS. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

#2 howufiga

howufiga

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 01:30 AM

OK, I just read another post. I have FlashBIOS 3.0.1 on Bank 1 and FlashBIOS 3.0.3 on bank 2. How do I load the EvolutionX BIOS and EvolutionX dashboard? I have the M8plus_16.bin and the EvolutionX Build 3935 Dashboard files.

#3 novakpower

novakpower

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 379 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 26 February 2006 - 02:10 AM

Grab EVtool from the tools section or off Xbins. Use it to size the bios to 512k and to change the X colors if you want. I flash through my browser over a router. If you read TeamXecuter's site they have a good tutorial for flashing the chip. After flashing get the Slayer's boot disk(torrent on Xbins) and install evox with it.

#4 ctgene

ctgene

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
  • Interests:Golf
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 26 February 2006 - 02:12 AM

here's a link for a tut... here I would suggest the x2 5035 bios for your chip..when you unpack the rar file be sure to use the 16plus versions for 1.6 xboxes...download the x2bm and the dummy file creator if you are flashing via cd/dvd...flashing via http is the easiest and you don't have to worry about media compatability....using x2bm load the bios as per the tut...since you have the 2.6ce chip it will have flashbios 3.0.1 on bank 1 and 3.0.3 on bank 2, since you have a 1.6 set the external switch to bank 1 to get flashbios 3.0.1, since you have a 1.6 box I would not load the flashbios 3.0.3 as per the tut, use 3.0.1 instead....once you have loaded your bios you can then load your dash...one of the easiest ways is to download slayers or AID from the same place you got your bios...those two programs have many dash's plus apps, etc that will make installing much easier....

#5 howufiga

howufiga

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 05:52 PM

OK, I downloaded the Evtool, but this is where I get confused. I used the link and it doesn't give a version of Evtool. In the readme.txt it shows the changes made to what version and it says 1.0.9. So I'm assuming this means that this is the version 1.0.9. In the tutorial it says if your Xbox is a v1.6, which mine is, then I need to use 1.0.8. However, there is no link to download the past version.

Nevermind, I found it in the usual place...xbins. smile.gif

#6 howufiga

howufiga

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 07:26 PM

Thanks guys! I got it working and even upgraded the hard drive! Appreciate your help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users