X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 March 2006 - 04:05 AM

QUOTE(Owtlaw333 @ Feb 28 2006, 03:47 AM) View Post

Yeah, the stand is all dependent on ur setup. If ur eye level is still near the center, you should be good. When ours was on the stand I could see the brightness fade ever so slightly at the top (no one else really noticed, but I did, so it had ta go, haha) Distance of viewing is also a factor. Ours (at the time) was about ten, twelve feet away (recomended is like 20-30ft, but I think that's rediculous and unnecessary if it's level)

I don't have the model number on hand and I don't feel like moving the set and crawling behind it with a flashlight tonight, but I'll get it for you either tomorrow or the next day. It's actually an RCA. It only supports up to 1080i with no 720p and only 1 DVI input (but we've got a reciever with HDMI ins and outs, so it's no biggie) Any DVI at the time was a luxury... now it seems to come on even the shittiest of TVs, lol.

Oh no! I can't play my xbox while sitting on the floor anymore... sad.gif Too low for that stand

You were right... unsure.gif

#32 Owtlaw333

Owtlaw333

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,203 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 01 March 2006 - 07:38 AM

QUOTE(RadATI @ Feb 28 2006, 07:12 PM) View Post

Oh no! I can't play my xbox while sitting on the floor anymore... sad.gif Too low for that stand

You were right... unsure.gif

Yeah, definately too high for the floor. Ours is almost too high for the floor even without the stand (if ur sitting like 7ft away that is). But I believe the speakers below it make it sit higher than yours.

Oh yeah, and the model number for ours is HD61LPW42.

#33 DragoNs

DragoNs

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 02 March 2006 - 09:09 PM

QUOTE(marauderrt10 @ Feb 26 2006, 02:15 PM) View Post

Haha thats what you think, or havent you noticed they watered it down? It has no Blu-ray anymore, no bluetooth controllers, and no hard drive, im pretty sure if sony even gets a working one it will be in 1080i.

wtf are u smoking, seriously? sony even is Delaying the System FOR blu-ray...

ps - SXRD pwns this

Edited by DragoNs, 02 March 2006 - 09:09 PM.

#34 Owtlaw333

Owtlaw333

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,203 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 08:12 AM

QUOTE(DragoNs @ Mar 2 2006, 12:16 PM) View Post

ps - SXRD pwns this

I wouldn't call a price tag of more than $1500 more "pwnage" as you would say (which is fuckin' retarded btw).... Find me a 61" SXRD for less than $3k.

#35 DragoNs

DragoNs

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 03:11 AM

QUOTE(Owtlaw333 @ Mar 3 2006, 02:19 AM) View Post

I wouldn't call a price tag of more than $1500 more "pwnage" as you would say (which is fuckin' retarded btw).... Find me a 61" SXRD for less than $3k.

K learn to pay for the stuff thats worth it, 3k for a SXRD? and? SXRD is amazing.. i wouldnt buy samsung DLP. but w/e its personal opinion, i guess im just a sony fan.. but seriously, just cause YOU found a TV YOU like... doesnt mean its the BEST tv and everyone has to like it wink.gif

Edited by DragoNs, 04 March 2006 - 03:23 AM.

#36 Vasher

Vasher

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 04 March 2006 - 03:59 AM

The Snony SXRD reviews all say it's the best. I already pointed out that it received the highest score for any TV (8.8) and received the Editor's Choice Award . Here's Cnet's top ranked tv's . It's the best tv because of it's performance and features and that's what you pay for. If you want the best it's gonna cost ya.

Like I said, good tv at a good price, but not a Great tv at a Great price. I paid $3,499 for my 60" SXRD at CC. Try and find that deal anywhere. Slick dealers didn't even believe it till I posted a pic of the tv and receipt. Got the matching stand for only $285 (goes for $599). I don't work there or even know anyone that does, I simply lucked out.

beerchug.gif

#37 Owtlaw333

Owtlaw333

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,203 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 09:07 PM

QUOTE(DragoNs @ Mar 3 2006, 06:18 PM) View Post

K learn to pay for the stuff thats worth it, 3k for a SXRD? and? SXRD is amazing.. i wouldnt buy samsung DLP. but w/e its personal opinion, i guess im just a sony fan.. but seriously, just cause YOU found a TV YOU like... doesnt mean its the BEST tv and everyone has to like it wink.gif

Alright, let's start from the beginng. You said SXRD owns said TV (Samsung DLP for $2999). I said that for $1500 more, it hardly owns that tv (SXRD, at the lowest, $3500). So because I say it doesn't own it, I think that a DLP is better in quality? Get ur head outta ur ass and quit being defensive. No one said anything about thier TV being the best..... except ^

#38 Vasher

Vasher

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 04 March 2006 - 10:11 PM

QUOTE(Owtlaw333 @ Mar 4 2006, 12:14 PM) View Post

No one said anything about thier TV being the best..... except ^

Yeah, I said it's the best, Cnet said it's the best, and any other respected reviewer says it is. Since all non-biased reviewers say it's the best I'll agree.

Here's what Audio Video Revolution said at the end of their 60" SXRD review...

"All things considered, it seems impossible to find a better-looking picture at this price point. I do not care for the rainbow artifacts that accompany single-chip DLP projectors, so this three-chip SXRD alternative to JVCís D-ILA technology seems both expertly engineered, if a bit colored in terms of absolute visual reproduction, and precisely marketed to video and game/computer aficionados. What I can definitely say is that this rear projector looks significantly better and brighter than any other television in this price range. It is a pleasure to watch and it demands to be seen with HD program material immediately and repeatedly."

The SXRD is w/o a doubt the best TV on the market today (except for it's big brother the Sony 70" Qualia 006 SXRD). You really have to compare the sets side by side. When I looked at the big screen display wall there wasn't one other tv that even came close to the SXRD. I was sold (after shopping for awhile).

Again, the Samsung is a very nice set and would make anyone happy...

#39 Owtlaw333

Owtlaw333

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,203 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 11:01 PM

QUOTE(Vasher @ Mar 4 2006, 01:18 PM) View Post

Yeah, I said it's the best, Cnet said it's the best, and any other respected reviewer says it is. Since all non-biased reviewers say it's the best I'll agree.

Again, no need to get deffensive over shit like this. They're just TVs! lol Like I said, I'm not arguing the SXRD isn't a good TV.... I'm not even gunna repeat anymore than that... juss read above, lol. Let's all juss say HD is a good thing biggrin.gif beerchug.gif

#40 DragoNs

DragoNs

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 11:26 PM

QUOTE(Owtlaw333 @ Mar 4 2006, 05:08 PM) View Post

Again, no need to get deffensive over shit like this. They're just TVs! lol Like I said, I'm not arguing the SXRD isn't a good TV.... I'm not even gunna repeat anymore than that... juss read above, lol. Let's all juss say HD is a good thing biggrin.gif beerchug.gif

Like i dont wana start a fight man, but... you where getting a little defensive of the damn TV yourself, and it ticks me off when people do that, thats all bud... To me price doesnt matter, maybe it does for you. and yeah, ill agree HD is good either way lol

Edited by DragoNs, 04 March 2006 - 11:26 PM.

#41 DaGamePimp

DaGamePimp

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 04 March 2006 - 11:39 PM

Funny how much mis-information there is in this thread and even more amazing that people spout off about something they know very little about as if they were the damn technitions that built the thing ... then even more silly that people argue over it huh.gif .

Here I will set the record straight :
The Sony is superior to the Samsung from a resolution standpoint because it actually is 1080p native , wobulated 1080p DLP is not even 720p native let alone 1080p and will die a quick death since true 1080p DLP from TI is upon us .

Now do both sets have a good image , sure .
Are they both worth a few thousand bucks or more in todays market , not really .
Will they both be outdated by the end of 2006 or sooner , no doubt about it .

Bottom Line , just enjoy what you have because if you like it then that is really all that matters smile.gif .

Best Wishes All ,
--DGP--

#42 Owtlaw333

Owtlaw333

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,203 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE(DragoNs @ Mar 4 2006, 02:33 PM) View Post

Like i dont wana start a fight man, but... you where getting a little defensive of the damn TV yourself

Wow... ok. Was there ever a comment in any of my posts that put down any TV set? The only time I said anything close to defensive was when that mick garvey kid started spittin' shit out of his mouth. But was I ever defensive tward you or or dragon?

You guys are funny.

#43 DragoNs

DragoNs

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 09:28 PM

QUOTE(Owtlaw333 @ Mar 5 2006, 03:48 PM) View Post

Wow... ok. Was there ever a comment in any of my posts that put down any TV set? The only time I said anything close to defensive was when that mick garvey kid started spittin' shit out of his mouth. But was I ever defensive tward you or or dragon?

You guys are funny.

well you come posting that its amazing and all this blah blah, maybe some people dont like it, is that hard to accept? what if i dont like this TV and i say a personal opinion that i perfer SXRD sonys over this? do you have a problem? seriously man

#44 Fragger420

Fragger420

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Computers<br />Piano<br />Interent<br />TV's<br />XBOX 360<br />Electronics<br />That new PlayStation 3
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 07 March 2006 - 02:52 AM

the 360 i only see goes up to 1080i is it up to 1080p yet how many tv's can do that i wanna upgrade my tv's i got a 25" RCA almost 20 years old and almost 5 years old 27" zenith tv i cant wait to get two lcd's

#45 Owtlaw333

Owtlaw333

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,203 posts
  • Location:Orange County, CA (Stop calling it &quot;the OC&quot;!)

Posted 08 March 2006 - 01:39 AM

QUOTE(DragoNs @ Mar 6 2006, 12:35 PM) View Post

well you come posting that its amazing and all this blah blah, maybe some people dont like it, is that hard to accept? what if i dont like this TV and i say a personal opinion that i perfer SXRD sonys over this? do you have a problem? seriously man

WTF are you talkin' about? I don't feel like readin' through this thread again, so I would like to see a quote of when I said the TV was all high and mighty. I don't think there was even one instance that I put down any other TV except my comment about the plasma and DLP's bulbs. If you find one, let me know and I'll shut up about it. I too would prolly go with an SXRD set if it was equal in price... but it's not. Serioulsy, now ur juss makin' up issues that were never a problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users