2 replies to this topic

#1 absvicandmark

absvicandmark

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 11:59 AM

I have a smartx chipped xbox. If I put an iso onto dvd (I have a +Burner) I have to use my best blank +rs (g04 ritek dyes) otherwise my xbox doesnt read it.
However, I have soft modded 3 other xboxs and all but one play my cheaper dvd+rs (tescos) as well as my expensive ones (g04 riteks).
The problem is I softmodded a mates xbox and his xbox doesnt play my cheapest +rs (tesco) or my riteks but will play every dvd another m8 has done for me (these included datawrites as well as some really cheap rubbish).
His dvd drive is the same model as everyone elses I have done so why do they all play diffrerent brands?
I havent been able to do any games for him unless I ftp them to his standard HD.
My xbox is running avalaunch while all the soft mods are running unleashx.

#2 _quaKe

_quaKe

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 07:25 PM

Everythings different, and it happens to most of us. Some DVD players are picky about what it reads so just find that media it reads best and stick with it

#3 jesterrace777

jesterrace777

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 February 2006 - 10:49 PM

QUOTE(absvicandmark @ Feb 26 2006, 12:06 PM) View Post

I have a smartx chipped xbox. If I put an iso onto dvd (I have a +Burner) I have to use my best blank +rs (g04 ritek dyes) otherwise my xbox doesnt read it.
However, I have soft modded 3 other xboxs and all but one play my cheaper dvd+rs (tescos) as well as my expensive ones (g04 riteks).
The problem is I softmodded a mates xbox and his xbox doesnt play my cheapest +rs (tesco) or my riteks but will play every dvd another m8 has done for me (these included datawrites as well as some really cheap rubbish).
His dvd drive is the same model as everyone elses I have done so why do they all play diffrerent brands?
I havent been able to do any games for him unless I ftp them to his standard HD.
My xbox is running avalaunch while all the soft mods are running unleashx.

You have got your facts arse backwards buddy. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A RITEK G04 DVD+R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE ONLY RITEK G04s ARE DVD-R!!!! To tell who really makes a disc use http://www.dvdinfopro.com and pop a blank in. Select the media ID icon and it will give you the full info. Read the link in my sig for quality media as it applies to all XBOX DVD-ROM drives and applications. Which DVD-ROM drive do you have in your XBOX?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users