• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,659 posts
  • Interests:TO IM ME, STATE YOUR REASON, DON'T JUST SAY "HEY R U THERE?"
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 February 2006 - 05:10 PM

It's about time Sweden accomplishes something! biggrin.gif

Poor Canada. Even their money has people playing hockey on it. The US though? Nah, we could care less about hockey.

#3 _iffy

_iffy

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 26 February 2006 - 06:04 PM

I hate finland. Their such a stupid team.

Good for Sweden. happy.gif

#4 gcskate27

gcskate27

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,585 posts
  • Interests:video games, prgramming, comps, skateboarding, cooking, taking care of my lizards and dachshund
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 February 2006 - 06:58 PM

wait for the world cup: good luck against england... beerchug.gif

#5 gronne

gronne

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 February 2006 - 10:20 PM

FAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNN VA GOOOOOOOOTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOOOO FUCKING NIIIIIICCCCCCEE!!!!

I'm so happy it's rediculous!!! And what an olympic Sweden made overall!!!!! Fantastic!!

QUOTE(gcskate27 @ Feb 26 2006, 07:05 PM) View Post

wait for the world cup: good luck against england... beerchug.gif

First off, England hasn't beaten Sweden for over 37 years in football, so I'm not exactly worried about them. Secondly, the group we're in will be won by either England or Sweden as we have Paraguay and Trinidad and Tobago in it. Since two teams will pass from each group, it doesn't really matter if it's England or Sweden as no.1 as long as we're no. 2.
And Sweden has a great team now, so if we won't have problems with injuries on our key players, we're gonna go FAR!!!!

#6 pablot

pablot

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 27 February 2006 - 11:12 AM

QUOTE(gronne @ Feb 26 2006, 10:27 PM) View Post

FAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNN VA GOOOOOOOOTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOOOO FUCKING NIIIIIICCCCCCEE!!!!

I'm so happy it's rediculous!!! And what an olympic Sweden made overall!!!!! Fantastic!!
First off, England hasn't beaten Sweden for over 37 years in football, so I'm not exactly worried about them. Secondly, the group we're in will be won by either England or Sweden as we have Paraguay and Trinidad and Tobago in it. Since two teams will pass from each group, it doesn't really matter if it's England or Sweden as no.1 as long as we're no. 2.
And Sweden has a great team now, so if we won't have problems with injuries on our key players, we're gonna go FAR!!!!

I think we should be happy if sweden advance from the group... paraguay and england are good. But england isn't that good, they won't go far this year either.. they just don't have a very good team (compared to argentina, brazil, italy, etc)

#7 Spency234

Spency234

LEAFS NATION

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 February 2006 - 07:25 PM

Well I could probably sit here and type out an 8000 word essay on what Canada did wrong, but I'll spare you guys the reading and just say a few quick things.

Canada didn't look like they cared at all. I watched as much Olympic mens hockey I could (I watched every Canada game from start to finish) and Canada was the only team I saw who looked like they truly did not care. I blame this on the fact that we picked all of the older more "experienced" hockey players when we should have been sending Staal, Spezza, Phaneuf, and Crosby.

Oh well, Sweden had a great team and they deserved the gold, I'm a huge fan of Sundin and Forsberg so it could be worse.

#8 _iffy

_iffy

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 10:21 PM

^^^ They cared. They just sucked. They played a sucky game. They didn't work as a team, and when they did, they tried to make it too pretty. They never got a good chance on goal. They never had people looking for rebounds. They were all just sitting there watching ovechkin(spelling??).

nobokov played excellent. Brodeur played excellent. Canada's forwards just sucked.

Now to be fair, Italy, Germany, were cake. In the swiss game, Gerber robbed Canada and stole the game. Fuck finland and there stupid gay trap bullshit.
** for those who don't know hockey the trap is the equivilent, in football, of the team who's winning in the fourth quarter, punting on every first down, doing a defence only. It's just gay. fuck finland.

The Czech rupublic, were really hurting. Hashek down, jager hurt. Thomas Kaberle being Thomas Kaberle.
They weren't going to win. It was an easy game.

Russia. They were the better team. They played better and they deserved the win. Canada just made it easy for them by not scoring. Canada didn't play well as a team.
I blame this on the fact that we picked all of the older more "experienced" hockey players when we should have been sending Staal, Spezza, Phaneuf, and Crosby

I disargree. Crosby's an idiot and i don't want him representing my country.
Dion Phaneuf would have been a good choice, but who do you take out? All the defencman played great.
Jasson Spezza is coming off an injury, and he sucks right now. He wouldn't have been ready.
Staal is very young. And even though he could have been good, he could easily have chocked. He's a coin toss.

Persnally i don't think lecavalier and richards should have been there. There's better choices out there.

#9 jordanc212

jordanc212

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:Modding Xbox's

Posted 14 April 2006 - 09:13 PM

[quote name='_iffy' post='3274026' date='Feb 27 2006, 05:28 PM']

I disargree. Crosby's an idiot and i don't want him representing my country.
[quote]

wHAT EVEN MAKES YOU SAY CROSBY IS an idiot he is a great player already 100pts in his first year i would love to have him represent my country.

Edited by jordanc212, 14 April 2006 - 09:19 PM.

#10 xbox_newbie

xbox_newbie

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 07:03 PM

ya seriously... whats wrong with crosby?

you dont even know him but somehow you know hes an idiot?

#11 _iffy

_iffy

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 04:59 PM

^ ya when i wrote that, crosby had just said "it's time for a change" after the coach got fired.

The odasity on the kid pissed me off. Ever since then i've watched him with a distaste. You see him take a hit and he looks like he's going to cry. Like he's so 'godly' and touching him is such a crime.

I'm a big believer in people changing and in second chances, but he's still an idiot until he changes his attitude.

There's no doubt in my mind that he is a fantastic player. But that's not enough to make me want to cheer for him.

I hope he gets a knee on knee collision. Teach him some humility.

#12 _iffy

_iffy

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 05:22 PM

everytime he gets hit it reminds me of nancy kerrigan
IPB Image

Why?!?! wahaaah ha ha, waaahaaa Why?!?!
IPB Image

Edited by _iffy, 01 May 2006 - 05:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users