• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 filemorf

filemorf

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 April 2003 - 04:03 PM

I have seen DVD burner for Xbox, ad said did not need addition software. now being a n00b I have a few questions.

Been trying to figure out if I should return my 1.0 for 1.1 in hope to get the samsung drive.

If I get DVD burner for xbox will it work with mod software or is it just a stand along device ?(unlikely as there is only one CD device).

If I get the DVD burner before mod'ing my xbox will the boot images work from the burner, if not I will still need the Samsung, or in my case making the 1.1 swap more important.

If I give in and open the 1.0 can I buy the samsung later, where and how much ?

Just a sugestion for the xb version page of the xs web site, a table matrix of pro's and con's of each version would be helpfull beside the great info on detecting the version one as already bought. That matrix would help make pre-purchase choices.

filemorf

#2 MrAndySais

MrAndySais

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Games Workshop, Magic the Gathering, Music & Movies, Basketball, Whiskies, Women

Posted 27 April 2003 - 04:25 PM

Hi,

I hope I have understood your post correctly. (Non-American here)

You can use any DVD-Burner for XBOX. I use a NEC 1100 and never have had problems with it.

If you want a Samsung Drive you can buy one later and put it into your XBOX. At the moment I am bidding for one at Ebay Germany. I am sure that you will fibd Samsugs on Ebay USA or at some online stores.

Regards,
Andi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users