Final Fantasy Fix Thread

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#1 obsidian7447

obsidian7447

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Music, Computers, Console Gaming......
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 28 February 2006 - 01:01 AM

I have noticed alot of people are asking numerous posts about how to fix the Final Fantasy games.
If you have a configuration that works for you please post it here.

Key Things To Remember

1. What pcsxbox version you are using
2. Weather it is PAL or NTSC
3. If there are any other bugs you notice with your settings.

Please Share The Knowledge

#2 obsidian7447

obsidian7447

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Music, Computers, Console Gaming......
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 28 February 2006 - 07:52 AM

PCSXbox v13
BIOS:
All Are NTSC

Final Fantasy Tactics

Turn on the Inuyasha battle fix
Turn on the FF9 Movie Fix
Turn off Frameskip
Turn on Old Frameskip
Unmap all buttons that aren't needed, such as the Throttle Key

That configuration works perfect for me with FFT, as well as other games, although I am not sure if the FF9 movie fix is needed or not.

Final Fantasy VII

Unmap Throttle Key
Use Old Frameskip
Frameskip off
Sound slows down in menu, and battles...
Framerate Drops when using magic in battles...

Final Fantasy VIII

Unmap Throttle Key
Use Old Frame Skip
Frameskip off
There is still slowdown and choppyness on movies.....

Final Fantasy IX

Unmap Throttle Key
Use Old Frameskip
Frameskip Off
FF9 Movie Fix On

Edited by obsidian7447, 28 February 2006 - 07:55 AM.

#3 Lawreaga

Lawreaga

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 11:54 AM

for FF9 theres still no battle menu for me. I have the PAL ver.

#4 cyclopebox

cyclopebox

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 07:25 AM

QUOTE(obsidian7447 @ Feb 28 2006, 07:59 AM) View Post

Final Fantasy Tactics

Turn on the Inuyasha battle fix
Turn on the FF9 Movie Fix
Turn off Frameskip
Turn on Old Frameskip
Unmap all buttons that aren't needed, such as the Throttle Key

That configuration works perfect for me with FFT, as well as other games, although I am not sure if the FF9 movie fix is needed or not.

With Final Fantasy Tactics, don't you have a bug when you try to load/save game with a memory card ? blink.gif

#5 kirko420

kirko420

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 01:54 PM

hello,
i am having a problem with final fantasy 9..
im running PCSXBOX v13 as well

set up just like this :
Final Fantasy IX

Unmap Throttle Key
Use Old Frameskip
Frameskip Off
FF9 Movie Fix On

anyways after that big plant boss in the start of the game right as blank is about to get petrified in the evil forest the cutscene freaks out with a green grid and the game freezes and i have to turn off my xbox.. any ideas would be welcomed..
thanks uhh.gif

#6 georaldc

georaldc

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 454 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 17 March 2006 - 12:22 AM

maybe you're disc/image is messed up. I had the same freeze at the same exact place, and after borrowing my friend's copy, I was able to get past that part

#7 benpretend

benpretend

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 22 March 2006 - 12:20 PM

yeah, how are people getting around the save bugs in final fantasy tactics?

#8 BF2204

BF2204

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 05:04 AM

Has anyone beaten FF8 on pcsxbox yet? I want to know because due to a freezing problem on certain boss fights within the castle, I cannot beat the game. The problem is described below.

Warning, potential spoilers....

I just reached Ultimecia's Castle yesterday, and was having no problem beating the bosses...up until the battle against Vysage, Lefty, Righty and Gargantua. After the first part of the battle, as soon as Gargantua appears out of the ground, the game freezes and locks up (the sound repeats rapidly). This happens every single time I went up against him sad.gif

I decided to skip him and try to go against Ultimecia. Unfortunately, as soon as I beat her first form, and she summons Griever, once Griever gets half-way out of the ground, the game freezes sad.gif

I have tried switching bios (originally had 1001, tried - 7000 and 5000, still nothing), enabling some graphical fixes...but nothing seems to work! Is anyone else having the same problem?

Here are my current graphical settings:

Throttle key unmapped
Old Frame Skip On
Frameskip Off
Framelimit On

#9 BF2204

BF2204

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 08:31 AM

Arg, I can't seem to edit my post...

Anyway, I was able to fix the problem, if anyone else is having the same problem, follow these steps:

1) Turn ON 'Use CPU Interpreter' in 'Set CPU Fixes' (press X before you load the game) before you start the game and enter the battle... the battle is going to run slow and a bit choppy but just live with it..

2) After you get past the point where the game freezes, create a save state.

3) Reload the save state with the "Use CPU Interpreter" OFF and it should run fine from there.

Now if I can just figure out how to get Zidane in FF9 not to appear as a white glitch on the world map...

#10 xohol2

xohol2

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 01:44 AM

i have had no problems at all for final fantasy tactics using pscxbox 13, all default settings. i set the memory card to slot 10, but have been using save states.

however, no problems excpet:

when i get to the battle with quaklain, he never takes his turn. the game doesn't freeze, quaklain is just thinking about his turn for ever and ultimatly the game is unplayable from that point on. Any one else have this problem? now of a fix?

#11 benpretend

benpretend

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 04:25 AM

QUOTE(xohol2 @ Apr 6 2006, 01:51 AM) View Post

i have had no problems at all for final fantasy tactics using pscxbox 13, all default settings. i set the memory card to slot 10, but have been using save states.

when i get to the battle with quaklain, he never takes his turn. the game doesn't freeze, quaklain is just thinking about his turn for ever and ultimatly the game is unplayable from that point on. Any one else have this problem? now of a fix?

nah, don't know about that. i'm having nothing but frustration of frustrations with the darn game. reckon i'm just gonna have to bite the bullet and emulate it on my pc sad.gif

#12 Monga

Monga

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 11:24 PM

Hmm, I'm using the recomended settings and I still can't get FF8 to start up at all. It loads and goes to a black screen sad.gif. FF9 works though, which is odd. I'm using the NTSC version. Anyone experience the same thing?

EDIT: I turned off the filters and it works! Nevermind!

Edited by Monga, 10 April 2006 - 11:27 PM.

#13 xohol2

xohol2

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 02:21 AM

QUOTE(xohol2 @ Apr 5 2006, 07:51 PM) View Post

i turned the vandal hearts fix on as recommended and it worked.

#14 benpretend

benpretend

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 04:34 AM

QUOTE(xohol2 @ Apr 13 2006, 02:28 AM) View Post

i turned the vandal hearts fix on as recommended and it worked.

i've found that the vandal hearts fix really needs to be on all the time. i notice some times when i come back from a savestate. i can't control any of my characters due to characters taking forever to decide things. so i'd recommend fixing the first post and adding the vandal hearts fix.

#15 benpretend

benpretend

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 08:37 AM

oh and can i just add that for Final Fantasy IV on the gba, using Xboyadvance with frameskipping set to 9 (set to max as it automatically adjusts) the opening mode 7 ships flying intro is jerky, but the rest of the game plays fine. I haven't yet found a way to fix the opening intro jerkiness, but i'm still experimenting.

I haven't got my own airship yet, so i can't really tell whether i get jerkiness on the map that way, but just wandering around on foot is perfect as normal.

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance seems to play well too, except for heavy sprite scrolling, which seems to be a tad slower than usual. I haven't devoted much time to it on the emu as i own the game and play it through the gba player on my gamecube. But there is only slight slowdown in a few places from what i can tell.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users