#1 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 February 2006 - 11:41 PM

now originally i saw this trailer earlier today on gametrailer.com however it seems as though the movie has been taken down. i did find it on another site now so no worries there.....

The eagerly anticipated Superman Returns trailer, from which screenshots have been appearing from this previous week, has just landed in our inbox. It looks awesome, and shows our hero saving the city from a giant robotic foe who enjoys shooting missiles at buildings. Speaking of which, the surrounding cityscape looks awesome, especially where the evil robot gets a little clumsy.

What's an explosive projectile to Superman though? "I'll just fly that up to the edge of Earth's atmosphere so it detonates safely", he thought. The final part of the trailer offers "Summer 2006" as a release slot - let's hope for a more definite date from EA in the near future.

http://www.myxbox360...ns_Trailer_761/

the first reports of this trailer is that the madden developers are working on the title (tiberon is it?) and it also uses the next gen madden engine. the trailer was said to be real time when first shown long ago and was the source for the screens that have appeared in magazines and on the net. i have to admit that i am really impressed with this trailer, even though superman himself looks rather on the plain side, the environments and detail look unbelievable. and yes this is from the 360 version of the game. enjoy pop.gif

#2 miggidy

miggidy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 01 March 2006 - 12:39 AM

First Criterion takes a stab at first person shooters.
Now Tiburon's making a Superman game.

What's next?

Will Itagaki and Team Ninja make a game based on Brokeback Mountain? blink.gif

#3 prankfurter

prankfurter

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 March 2006 - 12:49 AM

QUOTE(miggidy @ Feb 28 2006, 07:46 PM) View Post

First Criterion takes a stab at first person shooters.
Now Tiburon's making a Superman game.

What's next?

Will Itagaki and Team Ninja make a game based on Brokeback Mountain? blink.gif

haha, seriously made me laugh out loud and get a funny look from my wife biggrin.gif

trailer looks great to me biggrin.gif

#4 Justaren

Justaren

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 01 March 2006 - 01:09 AM

this game is gonna be a renter...get the achivements and return it back...hahahha

#5 CattyKid

CattyKid

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,618 posts
  • Interests:Everything
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 01 March 2006 - 03:35 AM

Superman himself doesn't look too good.
Everything else looks pretty slick though, if this is indeed real-time.

#6 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 12:10 PM

QUOTE(CattyKid @ Feb 28 2006, 09:42 PM) View Post

Superman himself doesn't look too good.
Everything else looks pretty slick though, if this is indeed real-time.

im a bit doubtful of it being real time myself but when the trailer was first shown it was said to be and again when the game was previewed in gameinformer magazine. some things look too good to be real time while other things have a lower detail like what we would expect from real time graphics. time will tell.

#7 davsin50

davsin50

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 05:11 PM

Its a CGI trailer made using data from the X360 build of the game.

#8 miggidy

miggidy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 01 March 2006 - 05:39 PM

Totally looks CG to me....

#9 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE(davsin50 @ Mar 1 2006, 11:18 AM) View Post

Its a CGI trailer made using data from the X360 build of the game.

huh? uhh.gif
data like geometry and texture detail? why not just make a real time cut scene then? it would be cheaper and less decieving. all i know is that this video looks exactly like the pictures that have been cycling through the net and mags, pictures which are from real time footage of the 360 version. if they are trying to "pull a sony" and have rendered footage look like real time, that is stupid since it would be cheaper to make it real time. also it would be possible to achieve a high level of detail by running it in a real time cut scenes where the graphics are usually spruced up anyways. doesnt matter to me either way, its EA and i dont remember the last time i played a good superman game. just thinking of superman64 makes me shudder and laugh at the same time

ok its confirmed rendered:
BlueTights.net has scored an exclusive peek at a video of the game. Though the video is clearly a rendered movie, and not gameplay footage, it gives a good idea of what the developers are shooting for: mass destruction on an epic scale as Superman clashes with what appears to be a giant robot skeleton.

http://www.gametrail...ews.php?id=2981

so would this mean that the mags before were just duped? why companies show rendered footage to give an idea of game content is beyond me. my apologies for any missunderstandings.

Edited by KAGE360, 01 March 2006 - 07:28 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users