• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 svobodm

svobodm

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 02:23 AM

I have a x-lite chip, and a v1.1 xbox. I seperated the white part of the 1.6 solderless adapter from the black, I have installed the black part to the xbox and have correctly located D0.

When I place the x-lite chip on the black solderless adapter, the chip turns to a solid red and stays red. The xbox does not frag. I should be expecting the cromwell bios to boot up at this stage (I do not have the DVD or hard drive attached) but it does not.

When I do connect the DVD and hard drive, it pops up with message #16.

I have tried flipping dip switch #2 of the 4 switches which is supposed to be "recovery mode" (which is supposed to turn the LED green) but the chip remains red.

What am I doing wrong here? I have installed chamilion and matrix chips before, so I am not a total newbie. I know the chip is getting the power it needs. Any help would be appreciated.

#2 tihspeed

tihspeed

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 March 2006 - 12:27 AM

Error 16 is a dashboard error. You interupted the boot sequence for the dashboard and it didn't load. We need to do some problem solving. I would start over and see if you come up with different results. With the chip out see if you can get your origional MS bios and dashboard to boot. From the beginning I would start with swabbing my connection areas on the mobo with isopropyl alochol to ensure that my solderless adapter is making good contact. I'd even swab the metal where the screw attaches the solderless adapter to the mobo. Don't forget the DO hole. Re-attach the chip to the solderless adapter(flip your switches from the un correct setting to correct setting). Try the nickle trick to get the DO wire to touch and make contact with the side of the DO hole. This is a place to start...keep us updated

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users