#1 corkinator

corkinator

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 01:56 PM

SPECIAL DELIVERY:
Check back in the early afternoon PST for an exclusive story on a game you would never, ever have expected. IGN Xbox 360 will have the first details, news, screens, and an interview with the company's president. Can you guess who it's with?

OK, so... just for clarification, we're hoping to post a story around noon tomorrow, maybe earlier -- that's PST time (California time) that nobody has heard about. It will be on the Xbox 360 site. It's an exclusive Xbox 360 game. None of your guesses are correct so far. I was totally unable to guess what it was until I heard about it two days ago, and I'm still amazed by the subject matter and the people putting it out. Sorry to be such a tease about it, but I haven't even told my team about it yet. I can't say a word.

Anyway, I expect the range of reactions to be wide in range and long in wind. Heh. And, in order to avoid the mess that happened last fall with a certain midnight review that never happened ( ), let me put it this way: Don't stay up all night. Please do not. The story won't be up until tomorrow -- Friday, March 3, around noon PST at the earliest. Go to sleep, do whatever, beat people up in Fight Night Round and then gather round here about noon-ish. I should have an update on the exact timing earlier than that, but not everything is tied up tight. There are still a few loose ends before I can concretely give an exact time.

From IGN Insider apparantly, I read it at a few sites and there's talk at the regular IGN boards too.
http://boards.ign.co...1/111504690/p1/

Edited by corkinator, 03 March 2006 - 02:00 PM.

#2 VariableElite

VariableElite

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 March 2006 - 02:01 PM

Link?

Oh, and it's Halo 3. laugh.gif

Edited by VariableElite, 03 March 2006 - 02:02 PM.

#3 richie579

richie579

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 03 March 2006 - 02:24 PM

Maybe it's something that used to be exclusive to Nintendo or Sony.....Silicon Knights is 3rd party now right?...oh man, a sequel to Eternal Darkness on 360 would be clutch....probably won't happen, but a gamer can dream right?

Edited by richie579, 03 March 2006 - 02:25 PM.

#4 corkinator

corkinator

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 03:11 PM

I hope it's as big as it sounds and not some crappy little 'who cares' announcement.

The way they say they are amazed by the subject matter and people putting it out, I think it may be Rockstar/GTA related. Or certainly not something else obvious anyway.

#5 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 03 March 2006 - 04:32 PM

QUOTE(corkinator @ Mar 3 2006, 09:18 AM) View Post

I hope it's as big as it sounds and not some crappy little 'who cares' announcement.

The way they say they are amazed by the subject matter and people putting it out, I think it may be Rockstar/GTA related. Or certainly not something else obvious anyway.

i dont think it will be GTA, FF, or anything else that huge related which is confusing. the editor said that all of the guesses were wrong and im sure that the first guesses were GTA, FF, among other games. if its not a game that someone would automatically guess and get excited about then what makes this announcement so big? maybe its a former sony only developer siding now with MS.

#6 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 03 March 2006 - 04:39 PM

well considering he mentioned "subject matter" it leads me to believe that it's something new and NOT an existing franchise...

in which case, of course no one could guess it rolleyes.gif

Honestly the only thing that would shock and awe me if it came to the Xbox is
A. Nintendo's Mario/Zelda/Metroid etc. franchises
B. Sony's GranTorismo/Jak/Parappa/etc franchises

Anything else wouldn't phase me at all...

#7 LowProfileWurm

LowProfileWurm

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 04:39 PM

Seeing as author is excited and people are guessing... I'm left to assume it's an already established franchise and not an original title.

My first guess is Killer Instinct.

My reasons for this guess is that IGN 360 just did an interview with RARE and they seemed pretty excited about what's coming "next" in the interview. On top of that, MS is going to wring its purchase through and through.

The my other guess is...Banjo Kazooie

I am totally in the dark about it, but I'd like to think my guesses are at the very least educated. I can only imagine MS will pull both titles out of the closet and dust them off if Nintendo doesn't hold any rights to them. But I'm leaning towards Banjo Kazooie because 360 has no identity yet. Xbox1 had Master Chief... what does 360 have? Joanna? Not really. Anyone agree?

#8 davemire

davemire

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 03 March 2006 - 05:05 PM

QUOTE(LowProfileWurm @ Mar 3 2006, 07:46 AM) View Post

Seeing as author is excited and people are guessing... I'm left to assume it's an already established franchise and not an original title.

My first guess is Killer Instinct.

My reasons for this guess is that IGN 360 just did an interview with RARE and they seemed pretty excited about what's coming "next" in the interview. On top of that, MS is going to wring its purchase through and through.

The my other guess is...Banjo Kazooie

I am totally in the dark about it, but I'd like to think my guesses are at the very least educated. I can only imagine MS will pull both titles out of the closet and dust them off if Nintendo doesn't hold any rights to them. But I'm leaning towards Banjo Kazooie because 360 has no identity yet. Xbox1 had Master Chief... what does 360 have? Joanna? Not really. Anyone agree?

I agree that it's probably something by RARE. Probability points to Banjo Kazooie, which I wouldn't care about, but who knows... hopefully something that is actually exciting as appossed to just an interesting market move. Because I was excited about Perfect Dark, and boy-o-boy what a let down.

#9 yaazz

yaazz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 03 March 2006 - 06:00 PM

Heres hoping for pimps at sea!!! beerchug.gif

#10 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 03 March 2006 - 06:16 PM

this is like the recon demo, it'll never be posted biggrin.gif

and Please dont let it be choice "B" from Twisteds post, the less trash the better beerchug.gif

I know I know, One mans trash......

#11 wasting

wasting

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 06:17 PM

Kobold who runs xboxworld.nl has this to say

You will never guess what it will be. So save yourself the energy, you will never guess what it is , and when you hear it you will not believe it.

(I don't mean in the positive way, you just don't want it to be true, well that's what I feel anyways...)

Because when you know who's making it and what they could have been spending time on instead, you will feel taken up the ass with a serrated shovel.

kinda scares me...

#12 prankfurter

prankfurter

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 03 March 2006 - 06:25 PM

^that really makes me think its bungies XBLA game...

i guess we wait and see

#13 wasting

wasting

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 06:27 PM

I dont think a bungie game would be first announced through an ign interview..

#14 VariableElite

VariableElite

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 06:34 PM

Marathon ported to Xbox Live Arcade.

As far as an official announcement goes, Bungie is located in PST, and they're due for a weekly update.

#15 revs

revs

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 06:44 PM

Marathon on XBL would be cool. Marathon was ace. although dated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users