#1 krumbman

krumbman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 March 2006 - 05:55 AM

Ive installed evox bios and now i need to install a dashboard. Please Please Please Help me!!!!! Ive read a bunch of tutorials on how to do it but they all call for turning the chip off and with the xchanger you cant... so please help me.

muhaha.gif

#2 _GhOsT_

_GhOsT_

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 04 March 2006 - 08:43 AM

burn slayers to a disk and pop it in

#3 u_n_s97

u_n_s97

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 04 March 2006 - 11:36 AM

QUOTE(krumbman @ Mar 4 2006, 06:02 AM) View Post

Ive installed evox bios and now i need to install a dashboard. Please Please Please Help me!!!!! Ive read a bunch of tutorials on how to do it but they all call for turning the chip off and with the xchanger you cant... so please help me.
muhaha.gif

How could the alternative dashboard be installed if you were to turn the chip off ??? blink.gif Seems you need some more reading. Anyway, the Xchanger can be turned off, just like almost all chips these days. smile.gif

All you need is an autoinstaller disk (Slayer, AID) or a custom boot disk. Autoinstallers will do the job automatically while using the latter you can boot the Xbox and have access to manually FTP the tools/dash you just wish to its hard drive. Of course the BIOS should support booting the alt dash, so in a few cases the dash name must be renamed. *especially when you use X2 bios* You rather use the AID or Slayer.

regards, Stephen

#4 Julius Pleaser

Julius Pleaser

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 04 March 2006 - 05:18 PM

What tutorial did you read that said you need to turn off the chip? Cause without the mod chip enabled, you won't be able to load anything that isn't M$ signed code

#5 krumbman

krumbman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 March 2006 - 09:39 PM

The guide called for turning off the chip putting in the dashboard disk then when the console says the cd may be dirty...ect. to turn off the system turn on the chip and reboot, with all done correctly the cd would boot.

thats what i meant.

The xchanger 2.5 doesnt allow u to TURN IT OFF. So im gonna try SLAYERS Install. hopefully itll work.

#6 u_n_s97

u_n_s97

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 12:15 AM

QUOTE(krumbman @ Mar 4 2006, 09:46 PM) View Post

The xchanger 2.5 doesnt allow u to TURN IT OFF. So im gonna try SLAYERS Install. hopefully itll work.

Mate, don't get me wrong if you choose the ORIGINAL bios, it is TURNED OFF. Easy like that. smile.gif So power on with the power button, select Original bios and it is turned OFF. Eject will boot from the quick bios bank, so no, you cannot turn it off using the eject, only if you use the power button and then select the original bios.

regards, Stephen

#7 _GhOsT_

_GhOsT_

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 10:21 PM

the xchanger 2.5 turns off just fine
i installed one and played with it for a good hour till the person came to get there box
pdf manuel on the xchanger web site

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users