7 replies to this topic

#1 Joebo

Joebo

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 08:06 AM

hey there im a newbie to this forum and i was thinking of buying a spiderchip as i fried my hd and i was wondering weather it is an ok chip as i have read some bad things about it

Thanks in advance

Joe smile.gif

#2 dark0

dark0

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 March 2006 - 09:10 PM

Spiderchips are a pain in the ass to set up, but once it's set (not without a headache) it works fine.

#3 Arm1tage

Arm1tage

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 05:22 AM

That depends on several factors... As Dark0 said, they are a pain in the ass to setup. Mainly if you have an xbox where the vias are filled with laquer. I must say im not toally convinced with the sewing needle solution for removing that laquer. Over time the wires WILL Pop out, i guarantee it. Its good for a cheapmod, but personally i like my chameleon much better. I dont wanna say 256k is limiting, but i dont really like evox m8 bios. (havent tried the X2 4981 or whatever, read it wasnt that good with 1.6's. I have the X2 5032 on the 512k bank of my chameleon. Runs fantastic, coulndnt get avalaunch to run until I flashed this bios, still have m8 on my 256k bank, havent used it in months.) Read a few posts back about my flash problem, still not fixed... contacted divineo about a replacement.... reply: they dont sell this chip anymore? WTF? i bought them last week. blink.gif

-Arm1tagej

#4 nohbudi

nohbudi

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 04:25 PM

I ordered my GX through Mod-Chip.com last December. After much head pounding action, much spilt blood, a bottle of asprin and alot of solder, I gave up on that lump of shit and contacted Mod-chip.com... It was february at this point, much much later than the 1 month exchange policy, but Osterman is one awesome guy. He totally simpathized with me, I sent it back, and 3 days ago I got a Xenium ICE at no cost to me. Installation took me about 10 minutes... and for the love of god... It worked the first time. 10 minutes later I had it upgraded to XOS 2.3.1 (what the gold has on it) and now I just need time to find some bioses to load on to it...

21 thumbs up to Mod-Chip.com for going above and beyond the normal service contract to take care of their own. beerchug.gif

#5 barkeff

barkeff

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 04:08 AM

I would definately say it's not a good chip to get if you've never installed one before(I hadn't).On the other hand ,it's a great way to see all the beautiful colors your power light can turn if you've never seen them(I hadn't,and it scared the shit out of me.)Thank God I ended up having a 1.2 Xbox and only had to use one wire.

#6 Viva La Sam

Viva La Sam

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 11 April 2006 - 10:46 PM

if you get one, dont use the solderless method, solder it. its saves you the headache. the solder method on all modchips is always easier. solderfree is horrible. i am going to solder mine in soon so i will tell you if it is good or not.

#7 NeoDarkSaver

NeoDarkSaver

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 12 April 2006 - 04:33 AM

Spiderchip is perfect. I've already modded 2 boxes with it.
It took me 15mins each to set up.
And it works fine with evox, xbmc, or avalaunch!

#8 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 12 April 2006 - 11:37 PM

Spiderchip is perfect

The only time I heard a comment like that before was from a member of the Team.
Are You?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users