yzrider

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 March 2006 - 02:38 PM

Ive been doing some reading around trying to figure out whats my best optiion as far as a mod chip to get for my xbox version 1.3 console that is in the coma console state.I was thinking of going with the x3 modchip .was wondering if anyone has had a coma console and what chip fixed it,cause ive read that some peoples didnt work after installing chips.any help id app thanks.
Also kinda off subject but i cant ever seem to find my other post when i try to use my assistant i get a error or even the search button i get this anyone no why.

#2 Textbook

Textbook

X-S Hacker

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts
  • Interests:Xbox and Computers
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 March 2006 - 02:56 PM

The Xbox I'm currently using and have been using for over a year was a coma console. I got it for $20. When I installed a chip, it didn't fix it. I used THIS TUTORIAL and that fixed the problem, booted just fine to the regular retail MS BIOS. After that, I had the option to chip it, TSOP (full, don't think you can use a switch), or softmod it. Please note that the tutorial is for use on a v1.0 - v1.1 Xbox, because it has the 1mb TSOP capacity.

#3 yzrider

yzrider

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 04:50 PM

QUOTE(Textbook @ Mar 6 2006, 09:03 AM) View Post

The Xbox I'm currently using and have been using for over a year was a coma console. I got it for $20. When I installed a chip, it didn't fix it. I used THIS TUTORIAL and that fixed the problem, booted just fine to the regular retail MS BIOS. After that, I had the option to chip it, TSOP (full, don't think you can use a switch), or softmod it. Please note that the tutorial is for use on a v1.0 - v1.1 Xbox, because it has the 1mb TSOP capacity.

Ive seen that tutorial.and that wont work for mine.as i have a 1.3 i tried a diff method that was suposed to work on the 1.3 xbox it was to soder 2 bridge points on the board. In it diff nothing diff.Well if you dont think a chip will fix my problem what are my other options.this xbox is softmodded also.Thanks

#4 Pikkon

Pikkon

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Interests:女の子-音楽-ゲーム
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 06 March 2006 - 07:32 PM

Your xbox should work fine with any chip installed.Just install your chip and reformat your hard drive.

#5 .:Dino:.

.:Dino:.

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 06 March 2006 - 07:34 PM

duox 2, cheap and cheerful, nothing more needed

#6 Textbook

Textbook

X-S Hacker

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts
  • Interests:Xbox and Computers
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 06 March 2006 - 08:18 PM

Yeah, I would assume a chip would fix it, because all that tutorial does is bypass bank one on the chip with a different bank, thus loading a different BIOS. The same thing a chip does. Not sure why it didn't work for me, maybe I didn't install the chip right, who knows. I would suggest using a DuoX 2, should work fine, and it's a cheap chip.

#7 yzrider

yzrider

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 07:34 AM

K sounds good then ill try the chip method.ill let everone no how it turns out.thanks for the help.

#8 seriouslysilly

seriouslysilly

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 07 March 2006 - 09:43 PM

i've used different chips and all have worked (since all do the same thing)
i've used duox2, xecuters, etc.
basically, whatever chip u pick and it will work (successful installation and flashing)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users