VOlition

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 March 2006 - 12:55 AM

I downloaded the temp in 45 min tops, and all games I played online there was no lag at all.

#62 nightwulf28

nightwulf28

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 319 posts
  • Interests:ummmmm Video Games?
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 08 March 2006 - 02:20 AM

All I can say is UTTER CRAP.

POP UP should be a thing of the best and its rampant everywhere along with low res washed out graphics. Sure, the gameplay MIGHT be fun if you knew what the hell to do or had a tut, but this IMO is not even close to next gen, moving to the recycle bin. sleeping.gif

Edited by nightwulf28, 08 March 2006 - 02:21 AM.

#63 Kernal69er

Kernal69er

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 485 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 08 March 2006 - 02:22 AM

QUOTE(shodanjr_gr @ Mar 7 2006, 02:29 PM) View Post

Please point me to a SINGLE previous generation game that looks as good as the Outfit...

The game looks GREAT, the characters are extremely detailed if you bother to look, the framerate is rock steady as well.

The game looks great.. are you for real? Oh my god,, this games graphics are terrible, come on. I would be pissed of if i had this for xbox or PS2...

I bet your one of those guys who pre-ordered it and can't get your money back

and to KAGE, respect M$ your comment was funny, LOL

#64 LepPpeR

LepPpeR

Author of Craxtion

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,388 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 02:26 AM

I have only played it for a couple of rounds but I am enjoying it so far. The multiplayer is fun so far but I am looking forward to seeing what other options of gameplay it could have.

#65 Carlo210

Carlo210

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,220 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 March 2006 - 03:02 AM

Mine stops downloading at 61%.

#66 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 04:36 AM

QUOTE(Carlo210 @ Mar 7 2006, 09:09 PM) View Post

Mine stops downloading at 61%.

I wish mine did that cool.gif

#67 yaazz

yaazz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 08 March 2006 - 04:57 AM

My opinion has completely changed on this game. I love it!
The more I play it the more I like it, its like freedom fighters, Red faction, halo 2, and mercenaries, all games I loved, in one ONLINE killfest

I snuck up into the back of the town with my flamethrower and DESTROYED the german scum!!

love.gif

#68 Crystal Ice

Crystal Ice

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Hockey, Sport Bikes, Broads, and Football

Posted 08 March 2006 - 05:04 AM

I agree with yaazz, at first, I thought the games was gay and too much like mercenaries, but the more i played it, the more i came to love it...though i would not buy it in stores when it releases, but maybe down the road when it is cheaper.

#69 autiger

autiger

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 05:32 AM

I think the game is enjoyable....it's just nice to have a new demo to play anyways, but once my copy of GRAW gets here tomorrow my time is probably spoken for. The Outfit is fun though, takes awhile to get used to, but it's cool to be able to buy stuff and have it flown in to you....that's a cool feature to me........

#70 VOlition

VOlition

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 06:13 AM

Yaaaz, as I am a red faction fan but how did The Outfit remind you of it?

#71 scooby_dooby

scooby_dooby

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 06:41 AM

QUOTE(VOlition @ Mar 8 2006, 06:20 AM) View Post

Yaaaz, as I am a red faction fan but how did The Outfit remind you of it?

probably just the fact that you can blow holes in anything.

This game is cool, GFX are not that bad textures are nice and crisp for the most part, lighting is nice, draw distance is great, no jaggies at all. Is it 'next gen'? Maybe not quite, but it's still a cool fun game.

The more you play it the funner it gets, each strategic position allows you to order different things, so the key to winning IMO is capturing the tank outpost, and guarding it until you make enough points to order in the big boy. it's good fun. it's also cool to capture the radio tower so you can wiretap your opponents and listen to their chatter.

At least I can give a big thx to THQ for giving me a bunch of hours playing their demo while I wait for GRAW. I'll definately rent this to play the SP campaign too.

Edited by scooby_dooby, 08 March 2006 - 06:45 AM.

#72 jaskerzada006

jaskerzada006

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 02:07 PM

Please point me to a SINGLE previous generation game that looks as good as the Outfit...

The game looks GREAT, the characters are extremely detailed if you bother to look, the framerate is rock steady as well.

Ninja Gaiden

#73 shodanjr_gr

shodanjr_gr

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 03:18 PM

QUOTE(jaskerzada006 @ Mar 8 2006, 03:14 PM) View Post

Ninja Gaiden

Yeah, in your dreams maybe....besides, i dont recall ninja gaiden having around 40 guys (4 members per team, 2 teams = 8 squads, each squad has 1 player controlled guy and 4 bots, so its 40 chars) on screen at once with that level of detail while at the same time running some pretty descent physics on the background along with all the other network related stuff needed.

The game looks great.. are you for real? Oh my god,, this games graphics are terrible, come on. I would be pissed of if i had this for xbox or PS2...

Yeah im for real. The graphics are great and no i havent preorder and i wont be getting it (short on $$ and graw is a priority for me). Maybe you are one of those guys who believe that NFSMW looks better than PGR3 cause its full of motion blur...

#74 Joergen

Joergen

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 03:42 PM

Not really next-gen and quite a blatant battlefield ripoff (which is one of my if not the favorite game of all time), but a pretty good game nonetheless.

When its lag-free (this is an inherent issue with Live itself read below) its great and can be very tactical when you learn to place artillery and mgs in the right defensive places etc, and when to order arty strikes and when a tank is actually worth buying (not to be wasted in 30 seconds).

But here's the problem with Live: no filters or priortising for continent-area gaming.

This means I cant immediately see where the host is from, if he's from overseas (usually USA) its no use joining the laggy POS game. Occationally I even see Japanese and Korean games. OMFG.

It's elementary online game design with FPS or fast-paced games where ping is important, that you DO NOT join servers overseas AND that clients from overseas do not join a server.

For some reason MS is completely ignoring this basic flaw and forces me to view the gamertag (slow) of every game to see if they're from Europe. Even still its no guarantee that the game is lag-free if one or more of the 8 players is from overseas.

For Mahjong and slow-ass games its fine to play overseas, but not with these types of games. A continental-filter should be mandatory or at least available.

If this doesnt change or if game makers dont implement country-identification for their server browsers Live will be one big lag fiesta.

The classic comment from somebody from the US joining a CS or BF (PC) server is "OMG LAG but I got Cable!!!!111oneone". When your ping is 160ms minimum and you add packetloss and flux you will NOT be able to play overseas properly (bar the exception).

And there IS one important flaw in the Outfit game engine itself aswell; virtual lack of predictions. So instead of predicting client-side motion and letting you run around smoothly, it stalls or goes into slow-motion mode. More advanced engines like Quake3 and Battlefield 42 (and up) have complicated predictions that do their best to prevent this (and do not succeed over a certain tolerance). This game seems to be Quake1 with no prediction whatsoever.

Edited by Joergen, 08 March 2006 - 03:45 PM.

#75 shodanjr_gr

shodanjr_gr

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 04:03 PM

QUOTE(Joergen @ Mar 8 2006, 04:49 PM) View Post

When its lag-free (this is an inherent issue with Live itself read below) its great and can be very tactical when you learn to place artillery and mgs in the right defensive places etc, and when to order arty strikes and when a tank is actually worth buying (not to be wasted in 30 seconds).

But here's the problem with Live: no filters or priortising for continent-area gaming.

This means I cant immediately see where the host is from, if he's from overseas (usually USA) its no use joining the laggy POS game. Occationally I even see Japanese and Korean games. OMFG.

It's elementary online game design with FPS or fast-paced games where ping is important, that you DO NOT join servers overseas AND that clients from overseas do not join a server.

For some reason MS is completely ignoring this basic flaw and forces me to view the gamertag (slow) of every game to see if they're from Europe. Even still its no guarantee that the game is lag-free if one or more of the 8 players is from overseas.

For Mahjong and slow-ass games its fine to play overseas, but not with these types of games. A continental-filter should be mandatory or at least available.

If this doesnt change or if game makers dont implement country-identification for their server browsers Live will be one big lag fiesta.

The classic comment from somebody from the US joining a CS or BF (PC) server is "OMG LAG but I got Cable!!!!111oneone". When your ping is 160ms minimum and you add packetloss and flux you will NOT be able to play overseas properly (bar the exception).

And there IS one important flaw in the Outfit game engine itself aswell; virtual lack of predictions. So instead of predicting client-side motion and letting you run around smoothly, it stalls or goes into slow-motion mode. More advanced engines like Quake3 and Battlefield 42 (and up) have complicated predictions that do their best to prevent this (and do not succeed over a certain tolerance). This game seems to be Quake1 with no prediction whatsoever.

Yup i totally agree with you on this one. Even a basic latency indicator on the join game screen would go a long way towards finding a proper game to join and not
a) cause a lagfeast for yourself
cool.gif cause a lagfeast for everyone else and ruin their game cause you are gona drop out eventually.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users