Carlo210

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,220 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 March 2006 - 11:18 PM

They were posted on the official TES forums but were taken off because they were illegal. Since this isn't the official elder scrolls forum, can whoever has them post them for all to gaze over?? smile.gif

#2 miggidy

miggidy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 07 March 2006 - 12:01 AM

You meant review and not preview right?

Anyways I was at least hoping the game would score a 9 in order for it to get my attention.
It looks like the game's going to live up to the hype after all beerchug.gif

#3 Foe-hammer

Foe-hammer

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, body building, video games
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 March 2006 - 12:16 AM

I don't give OXM much credence when it comes to their reviews; almost as bad as EGM, but with xbox bias.

Interpretation: Their review scores don’t persuade me one way or another.

#4 pennywisdom

pennywisdom

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 08:42 AM

QUOTE(Carlo210 @ Mar 6 2006, 05:25 PM) View Post

They were posted on the official TES forums but were taken off because they were illegal. Since this isn't the official elder scrolls forum, can whoever has them post them for all to gaze over?? smile.gif

carlo, i gotta warn you, if you can get past the blurriness of the scans, its going to make the wait a hell of a lot harder happy.gif . I found these links in the GameSpot forum:

Page 1
Page 2
Page 2 [Censored Version] Considering how Bethesda has forbidden any info of what it's like to be in the realm of oblivion to be told, whoever scanned these has blanked out the photo of oblivion for those who dont want to spoil the surprise.
Page 3
Page 4

Enjoy!

Edit: Wow! look at the pic on page 2 of when you leave the first dungeon. now we know what all the editors who played it early were talking about! love.gif

Edited by pennywisdom, 07 March 2006 - 08:47 AM.

#5 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 07 March 2006 - 09:01 AM

those have sparked my interest again

damn you!

#6 tonloc79

tonloc79

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 09:01 AM

Dammit you warned me and i looked anyways, those scans are a welcomed sign of how the final game has shaped up, especially after that long ass thread that was all about complaining how they removed certain things from the game! I cant wait, its gonna be my birthday present to myself!

Edited by tonloc79, 07 March 2006 - 09:02 AM.

#7 pennywisdom

pennywisdom

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 09:08 AM

QUOTE(Deftech @ Mar 7 2006, 03:08 AM) View Post

those have sparked my interest again

damn you!

Bahahahahahahaa!! ph34r.gif

just look at how sweet those environments look and how far the draw distance is when the guy is on the horse looking down at the city. this is the first time that i can say that a game actually looks breathtaking! biggrin.gif

Dammit you warned me and i looked anyways, those scans are a welcomed sign of how the final game has shaped up, especially after that long ass thread that was all about complaining how they removed certain things from the game! I cant wait, its gonna be my birthday present to myself!

no worries, i looked too wink.gif

everyone seemed to get worked up over a couple of screenshots... tsk tsk!

Edited by pennywisdom, 07 March 2006 - 09:10 AM.

#8 Ozy

Ozy

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts
  • Interests:Gamming,<br />Women,<br />Films,<br />Fine Food,<br />Drinking With My Mates<br /> - Not In That Order.

Posted 07 March 2006 - 11:22 AM

I wana see those pics! I can't because they won't load in this crap IE browser where I am!

#9 lowendfrequency

lowendfrequency

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 07 March 2006 - 02:10 PM

Damn, I think it's safe to say that any 360 vs. PC debates over Oblivion are ended now. Those shots look absolutely stunning. Better than the clear screens Bethesda provided on their site. Goddamn, look at that draw distance and the weather effects. I haven't been this psyched for a game since Zelda V came the the N64.

#10 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 March 2006 - 04:26 PM

great find! i can not wait for this damn game

one thing though, they mentioned how it would be advised to buy the collector's edition. i looked but cant view any sites at work, what are the main differences between the collector's and regular version? as long as i get a map and manual with the regular version like in morrowind ill be more then fine. is there any real advantage in buying the collector's edition?

#11 pennywisdom

pennywisdom

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE(lowendfrequency @ Mar 7 2006, 08:17 AM) View Post

Damn, I think it's safe to say that any 360 vs. PC debates over Oblivion are ended now. Those shots look absolutely stunning. Better than the clear screens Bethesda provided on their site. Goddamn, look at that draw distance and the weather effects. I haven't been this psyched for a game since Zelda V came the the N64.

dude, you read my mind. that is exactly what i told my fiancé; it feels just like around christmas time the year that that game finally came out. laugh.gif

QUOTE(KAGE360 @ Mar 7 2006, 10:33 AM) View Post

great find! i can not wait for this damn game

one thing though, they mentioned how it would be advised to buy the collector's edition. i looked but cant view any sites at work, what are the main differences between the collector's and regular version? as long as i get a map and manual with the regular version like in morrowind ill be more then fine. is there any real advantage in buying the collector's edition?

haha they advised it because it comes with some literature to read from the elder scrolls world. if i remember tight, they were taking a shot at the load times. other that that though there is 3 other dvds that come with it on the making and all of that kind of stuff and a realistic replica of an in-game coin.

I was going to buy the collectors edition but it only comes with a cardboard case that folds out. i want it to fit in with the rest of my games so now im going to buy the basic version. tongue.gif

#12 miggidy

miggidy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 07 March 2006 - 06:08 PM

Oh god and here I am trying to finish working on my music project sad.gif

I could use a few time management tips....

#13 mikedavis2838

mikedavis2838

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 09:54 PM

Oblivion collector's edition
BONUS MATERIALS:

# Pocket Guide to the Empire - 112 page guide to every aspect of Tamriel, including it’s people, provinces, and much more!
# "Making of" Oblivion Documentary - DVD of a special behind-the-scenes documentary on the making of the game.
# Septim Gold Coin - An authentic replicated Septim, the official currency of Tamriel.

edit: Supposedly (According to the elderscrolls forum) the pocket guide is leather bound

Edited by mikedavis2838, 07 March 2006 - 10:03 PM.

#14 pennywisdom

pennywisdom

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 04:58 AM

IGN just put out this new hi-res panoramic shot of a forest. check out the crazy amount of detail in every little thing:

http://pcmedia.ign.c...07045917065.jpg

i'll bet you cant find waldo in amongst all that grass tongue.gif

Edited by pennywisdom, 08 March 2006 - 05:00 AM.

#15 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 05:43 AM

uh oh, its a pc screen, not a 360 one, i smell a scandal laugh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users