• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ken poirier

ken poirier

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 06:38 PM

i got my x-chip and adaptor yesterday. i spent three hours trying to get it to work. i finely took apart the adaptor and just used the bottom. i could not get it to work so i touched the soldier points with my soldier iron and it still would not function. during the prosses of moving the addaptor around i busted off a little yellow piece not shure what it is next to the mount hole. now it wont load the hard drive. and before it broke the only thing it would do with the chip installed is xmas tree. i reflashed the bios back to cromwell and got it to load some what.
even tried bios 1.2. can anyone tell me what the yellow piece that was on the bord was it small and rectangler.
should i try to re attache it suc the soldier out of the holes and re place the addaptor?

#2 tihspeed

tihspeed

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 March 2006 - 12:55 AM

Well, where to begin. You were correct in assuming to pull the two pieces of the adapter apart and just using the small black piece with the small wire hanging off. The small wire that is called the DO wire that's connected to the small black part of the solderless adapter has to be placed in a specific hole. Did you make sure to find the correct hole? Did you try the nickle trick to ensure a good connection on the side of the DO hole? Did you swab the LPC port and your DO hole with isopropyl alcohol to ensure a good connection between your solderless adapter and your Motherboard(mobo)? Once you installed your chip and all you got was christmas lights did you ever get the cromwell screen to boot before loading new bios? As far as you aptempting a solder job with little or no expierence... I think you could do(have done) serious damage to the xbox with a solder gun. Did you aptempt to solder your solderless adapter? If you did thats not the piece your suppose to use the solder on. The piece that gets the solder is located on the other side of the solderless adapter(pull it off the adapter). Touching a solder gun with too hot of a iron to the LPC port(the area where the xchip sits on 1.0-1.5)instantly damages the xbox and as far as I know it will not be repairable. I don't actually know what that yellow thing is but it looks pretty important. I could ask a round to see what exactly that yellow thing does but at this point I would have to say you've done enough damage. Put the xbox down and back away. Please take a moment and check out this area of the scene. Find a mod chip installer in your area tell him about your problems and see if he can help you. Your going to have to find a xbox repair guy. I wish I could help you more. If your looking for faster answers feel free to look me up on msn messenger. Good luck

Edited by tihspeed, 08 March 2006 - 12:57 AM.

#3 kfp40

kfp40

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 09:30 PM

thanks for the reply. i sent it to hector at modding services to look at. reolaced the chip with a duox2 and it seems to be working.

#4 tihspeed

tihspeed

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 23 March 2006 - 03:00 AM

sweet, i'm glad you found someone who could help repair your box. How much did your repair cost? Did you find out what that little yellow thing on the mobo was? What did you plan to do with your used xchip?

#5 pricemeista33

pricemeista33

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 19 July 2006 - 08:06 PM

Seems that a lot of people have forgotten or do not know about the flash button on the USB programmer. This is the button you need to hold down when flashing you new bios onto the chip. Hold this button for 20 seconds or til the chip loads. You will need to press the start button to enter the bios settings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users