• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Teariz

Teariz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 07:12 PM

OK, so I soft-modded my XBox using UXE/Mech Assault yesterday, now my XBox boots to a cool matrix screen, and then a lame Ltools screen...

It runs commercial games, and some downloaded apps, but not others...

I got XBMC running, and I like it -- haven't configured it all the way yet, but as a programmer, I'm hoping that will be the easy part...

I want to make it boot to XBMC -- the manual says to replace your normal dashboards xbe with the default.xbe, also to copy the XboxMediaCenter.xml to the root of C (same place as the xbe file) with home set to the correct paht -- I tried replacing the "xboxdash.xbe" file, but then it booted to a death screen with a red light -- it said "Call tech support" in 200 languages... -- I was able to boot into Mech Assault, get FTP back and rename the files back to the way they were -- I was able to launch the XBMC from the root of C in this manner, but not to boot directly too it...

I also have a dualboot.xbe file, but I'm afraid to replace it...

My Ideal setup would be to boot to XBMC, with the scrolling matrix screen saver during loading (similar to lTools)..

what should I do?

#2 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 March 2006 - 07:18 PM

the matrix screen is from the mxm dash used in the ltools installer. It should only boot to that with open dvd tray.
Apart from the fact that ltools is heavily outdated I think the dash location of it is in E:\dashboard which means you can simply replace those files with xbmc and your xbox will boot to that.

#3 Teariz

Teariz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 09:57 PM

I'll try that, and get back to you on the results -- right it only boots to the dash (with the matrix screen) when their is no disc to load, and I know that the matrix screen is part of ltools in this case -- but I've also seen it as a seperate screen saver -- it would be neat if someone put together a "batch file" maker -- similar to the shortcut maker, that could play the screen saver for a few moments and then go to the next task -- when you say outdated, do you think that I might have also, therefore, flashed my xbox's rom with an outdated rom image also? -- now that I have ftp avilable, is there a particular rom I should keep my eyes out for, or a particular rom patcher?

#4 Teariz

Teariz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 08:45 AM

Thank you! -- that got me rolling, it now boots into XBMC when the drive is closed, but when the drive is open it still boots to lTools (that's a 50% improvement I guess, since before, it always booted to lTools...)

How can I go the rest of the way?

#5 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 March 2006 - 05:05 PM

uninstall the dual boot or better yet upgrade to a more updated package.

#6 Teariz

Teariz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 06:15 PM

Which package should I upgrade to...?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users