Spiderchip V1.1 Gone Bad..please Help !
Posted 08 March 2006 - 12:03 AM
1) Put in a spider chip v1.1 (yeah, I now that was my first mistake)
a) Finally got it working and to boot to Cromwell screen.
2) Used the instructions from http://www.hackdabox.com/
3) Burned a DVD-R disk with X2 4981.06 bios (256k). Burned at 1X.
a) Had to crack open my personal xbox to use the dvd drive as it had a Samsung drive and was able to read the DVD-R.
4) During the bios flash it lasted about 3seconds and rebooted. (I must say I was excited and thought I was on my way)
5) I am now back to where I started from, xbox FRAGís when powered up.
Iím not sure where to go from here?? Was thinking maybe the DVD and HD needed to be hooked up but not sure that is a good assumption.
Also, Still need to figure out how Iím going to restore the HD image (I have a couple 10GB HD lying around). Have heard that Slayer is a good one.
Anyway, would greatly appreciate any assistance with where to go from here
Posted 09 March 2006 - 02:26 AM
I would hook both of those back and see what you get.
I know that mine gives me a FRAG when I dont have the two hooked up and I am running the same bios that you flashed yours with.
I like the slayers auto installer. I have had good luck with it, and it does give you the option to restore a drive to factory. Good luck and let us know what happens.
Posted 12 March 2006 - 03:01 AM
I've read good things about the Slayer Installer. Just not sure where to find it. Do I need to buy it or can it be downloaded from xbins? Anyway, patiently waiting for my Xenium to come in .
Posted 13 March 2006 - 02:07 PM
Edited by delte7, 13 March 2006 - 02:08 PM.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users