#1 silenced.civilian

silenced.civilian

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 01:18 AM

just a few questions

First off all hats off, for that damm good work on making an 360 skin for xbox
Second off all just wondering, are you guys gonna integrate dvd2xbox and enigmah videoswitcher in your skin because i read that there be an special xbmc for your skin.

And that's even my second question why does xbmc not integrate EVERYTHING in xbmc like gba emu's etc...
So that all the programs and apps look like the same instead of eveything having an different skin.

But still, mad respect from me guys,

Kind regards,

SC

#2 Blackbolt

Blackbolt

Skin God

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Graphic Design
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 08 March 2006 - 01:41 AM

Other Apps are other apps for a reason, we wont drag things INTO the XBMC that everyone doesnt want.

The beauty about having all the apps seperate is updating and choice, some people dont want some emulators or any for that matter. So having everything seperate is a good thing.

You dont need any special XBMC, just the regular release of it, but when its released EVERYONE is going to need to update their XBMC to the latest T3CH release.

And its best having varity, its the spice of life after all, thats why things change, people move on, probably why MC360 will be forgotten about this time next year! biggrin.gif

#3 deanrparry

deanrparry

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 09:40 AM

I take it the skin will be released standalone aswell? i have used daily CVS updates for 18 months have never will never use t3ch!

#4 JayDee

JayDee

X-S Legend

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,750 posts
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 08 March 2006 - 10:19 AM

QUOTE(deanrparry @ Mar 8 2006, 09:47 AM) View Post

I take it the skin will be released standalone aswell? i have used daily CVS updates for 18 months have never will never use t3ch!

Unless you compile that leaves you alone here...

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=322268

#5 deanrparry

deanrparry

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 03:22 PM

I know of no group that does daily CVS lol so i think my 1st post stated clearly enugh i do my own! wink.gif

Don't worry... i'll wait and see. Thanks anyway.

Edited by deanrparry, 08 March 2006 - 03:26 PM.

#6 ThE MaSTeR 3

ThE MaSTeR 3

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE(Blackbolt @ Mar 7 2006, 09:48 PM) View Post

probably why MC360 will be forgotten about this time next year! biggrin.gif

I dont think so! Ive been waiting for a skin of this quality since I modded my xbox 3 years ago. MC360 is the first skin that actually feels alive and makes me want to watch a movie or play a game. I turn my xbox on atleast 3 times a day needless to say once MC360 is out I will be seeing it many times a day for the rest of my life.

Blackbolt and The Team will never be forgotten.

#7 silenced.civilian

silenced.civilian

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 09:50 PM

inknow this is not a good place to talk about linux but still have you ever installed linux or even used it?
Well what i'm trying to say is is that when you install linux you get a complete package like an office programm etc... and whell what i wanna say is is like why isn't xbmc making stuff like that too for xbox instead of that you download each new xbmc release and pop it over using a crosscable why don't they make an xbmc with all the files in and that you have a setup in wich you can tag or un-tag wich programs you wanna have installed.

Because if you do that, that would save tons of trouble for skin makers and that they make some sort of update filesystem wich (if they want to) release once a few weeks in wich are just the updated components (mplayer.dll for instance)instead of new xbmc's

i know that there is some sort of CD out there like Lorenzo's media X wizard and Slayer's Evox auto installer
But i would love to see something like that for XBMC.

But let's be honoust here NooBs and lazy asses use Evolution X (it's true, we gotta admit it)
While the people like us the guys that wanna control the fan speed of the box etc... use XBMC
So to get back in to the action there are more people (i think) that use XBMC then evox

So it would be a smart move for XBMC creators to create such an CD with a lot of tools integrated
Just look at the advantages
1 never keeping an eye out of all the programms and it's updates
2 simple installing
3 you can choose wich programm you want
4 skinmakers know what to do, or what to create.

So there you have it....
Pretty long story but i hope that XMBC will eventually create such sort of Operating System CD(wich it is)with a setup like Linux (using a file tag list) so that i don't have to scattle around the internet looking for apps for my box.

#8 Blackbolt

Blackbolt

Skin God

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Graphic Design
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 08 March 2006 - 11:27 PM

That response has nothing to do with anything in this topic. Take it to the XBMC Forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users