Legendary Badass

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 March 2006 - 10:58 PM

I asked this earlier, but can someone tell me if GRAW has a "legacy inverted" control option? I enjoy playing Halo 2 and CoD 2 because they have the Goldeneye control style as an option. If GRAW doesn't support this, then I might as well save my money and rent it.

#2 notsodiseased

notsodiseased

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 804 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 08 March 2006 - 11:01 PM

Nope. But the game is still awesome

#3 Greenpants200

Greenpants200

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 08 March 2006 - 11:01 PM

If you could tell me exactly what legacy is i could tell you. Is it where the functions of the left and right sticks are switched? (I.E. left is look and right move)

-- Sorry, the above post was not here when I started this one

Edited by Greenpants200, 08 March 2006 - 11:02 PM.

#4 Legendary Badass

Legendary Badass

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 11:06 PM

It's where the left stick walks forward and backward and turns the body. The right stick sidesteps left and right and looks up and down. Is there at least an inverted setup?

#5 miggidy

miggidy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 08 March 2006 - 11:13 PM

WTF? blink.gif

If GRAW doesn't support the control scheme that you're looking for then I really feel sorry for you (no pun intended, really).
Why not just allow yourself to get used to the standard control scheme found in every FPS title?
I mean why fight it when you're only doomed to be disappointed?

Having said that, I'll check it out when I get home and let you know (if no one else has answered your q by then).

#6 a pos ta fee s

a pos ta fee s

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 9 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 March 2006 - 11:54 PM

I have the same concerns. I have to play with (HALO) LEGACY GREENTHUMB otherwise Halo wouldn't be fun at all.

As far as adapting to the defaults why should we have to? I can play games with the defautl but not competititively, due to the fact that I am constantly wondering am I going to react (turn/shoot/sidestep) correctly where as playing the way we want; in this case legacy it's a no brainer the guess work is taken out and I am able to play and enjoy the game and if it's live kick some ass.

I won't buy the game if it doesn't support this feature.. in fact I have missed out on alot of games due to this oversight.

Please someone confirm this, and also the red arrows and enemy outline that can be found please confirm if this is something that can be toggled on and off.

Seems minute but this was the 1 reason I didn't get Fable (red outline)

#7 mitch2025

mitch2025

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 05:00 AM

the arrows and outlines can be turned off. while in game hold the X button and there is an dimond icon and a goggle icon. use the D pad to highlite the dimond icon and they will turn off

#8 a pos ta fee s

a pos ta fee s

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 05:25 AM

sweet thanks mitch

#9 IMnotGarBagE

IMnotGarBagE

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 06:16 AM

inverted is the way to go!

#10 hamwbone

hamwbone

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 09 March 2006 - 06:24 AM

why do i fly my gun like a plane?!?! tongue.gif

#11 miggidy

miggidy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 09 March 2006 - 08:15 AM

QUOTE(a pos ta fee s @ Mar 9 2006, 12:01 AM) View Post

As far as adapting to the defaults why should we have to? I can play games with the defautl but not competititively, due to the fact that I am constantly wondering am I going to react (turn/shoot/sidestep) correctly where as playing the way we want; in this case legacy it's a no brainer the guess work is taken out and I am able to play and enjoy the game and if it's live kick some ass.

Because you're only going to be disappointed.
GRAW doesn't support this by the way.

You gotta understand, you guys are stuck on a primitive control scheme.
Why not adapt to the new (thanx to Halo) control scheme? It's very simple, anyone can pick up and play it.
I mean it gives you the same freedom as the scheme you're used to....

Good luck.... pop.gif

#12 Deezee

Deezee

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 08:28 AM

QUOTE(mitch2025 @ Mar 8 2006, 09:07 PM) View Post

the arrows and outlines can be turned off. while in game hold the X button and there is an dimond icon and a goggle icon. use the D pad to highlite the dimond icon and they will turn off

(Incert Deezee doing the DANCE OF JOY!!!!!)

I have been looking for this answer ALL FREAKING NIGHT!!!!!!!
beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif

#13 Deezee

Deezee

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 08:43 AM

2x post=Back on topic,

I cant remember for the life of me what game it was that force me to play with inverted controls, but because I liked it sooooo much I learned! This was so many years ago, and I must have played it alot, becaues every game since then I have HAD TO invert the left stick. My point being that as games evolve, the controls are bound to also. While I totaly agree that it would be NICE to have it how your used too, its kinda slowly being phased out. The only 2 choices are learn the new way, or just quit playing. It sucks yea, but not as much as missing out on all the newest games.

I think the south paw players have enhuff players mad, to get it included later, but Im not sure there are enhuf legacy players left? (I could be wrong though) Hell, I dont see why EVERY game wont let us map ALL of our own controls??? In GRAW I want the stand/crouch/prone back on the D-pad. But since I cant have that, Ill be forced to learn. So I feel you! tongue.gif

(o'yea, and if they ever remove the option to invert the controls..............forget everything i said about learning/evolving, and watch me start the bitching threads!!! laugh.gif j/k!)

Side note: Anyone remember a OLD FPS that forced you to use inverted controls. That has been bugging me for years!!! laugh.gif

Edited by Deezee, 09 March 2006 - 08:47 AM.

#14 sp3cialk

sp3cialk

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 04:38 PM

Not trying to say I agree or disagree with developers decisions on control schemes... but normally I'll stick to the default setup and learn it for that game... yes it may be more difficult to switch between games tansparently but it makes you learn that setup for that game... after playing alot of COD2 and going back to halo 2 one night i was totally off but a few rounds in i was back at it like i'd never stopped playing... I don't know if I can't learn a new control setup for a new game then I myself feel I'm too lazy to learn something new... Learning default schemes also pays off if you ever sit down at a friend's box and play... I always hate hearing ahhh.. it's cause you use this stupid control scheme... no it's cause you suck and I whipped your @ss... face it... laugh.gif

But yea I think they should make the enitre controller customizable for the players as well... don't know now after playing a good bit if i'd switch but I'd like the option...

and the comment about the D-Pad being used for crouch/prone/stand .. what would you use to control the cross-com??? I like the way the crouch/prone works ... especially diving... hehe... I just wanna dive into the ponds on Rocky cove... laugh.gif

#15 Carlo210

Carlo210

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,220 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 09 March 2006 - 05:16 PM

Can you map the buttons?? I'm used to B being Reload.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users