woofis

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 March 2006 - 01:25 AM

the game is awsome dont get me wrong. but wtf are they thinking when you cant play ranked games with your friends... its such a hassle making a private chat then telling your friends when your game is up....i feel that its most important to play ranked with people you play with and get good with each other... this is my only complaint so far on the game. wink.gif

#2 Marrvia

Marrvia

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 March 2006 - 02:37 AM

That totally makes sense, dude. If friends are playing in ranked games, it makes it easier to rank up by cheating, because you can just have a friend lose everytime, while you just rank up, or vice versa. Ranked games shouldn't be against friends, they should be only against people who are always actually trying. Not to say that friends don't try to beat each other, but it will allow less unfair ranking up.

#3 rzanwu36

rzanwu36

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 03:32 AM

both good points... but i do have to say that organized groups of players would be better for ranked, but this system doesnt allow it.. guess if u wanna be in a clan or something u do it on the internet and set up private games

#4 mlmadmax

mlmadmax

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 09 March 2006 - 03:59 AM

can you play online with four friends at all, like halo 2 has "training" so you can play with four guests?

#5 woofis

woofis

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 04:35 AM

you can set up either public or private games allowing you to play with your friends.. wich would be like cusom or training games in halo 2... but ranked games you cannot invite your friends to play.. i guess your right about the cheating thing but i still say my point makes a good contaversy... o well.. im ranked 732 in the world.. not bad for the first day haha.

edit: just reread you post and yes you can have guests in to play non ranked games.

Edited by woofis, 09 March 2006 - 04:36 AM.

#6 wasting

wasting

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 03:08 PM

QUOTE(Marrvia @ Mar 8 2006, 08:44 PM) View Post

That totally makes sense, dude. If friends are playing in ranked games, it makes it easier to rank up by cheating, because you can just have a friend lose everytime, while you just rank up, or vice versa. Ranked games shouldn't be against friends, they should be only against people who are always actually trying. Not to say that friends don't try to beat each other, but it will allow less unfair ranking up.

And thats why more developers have to follow what Bungie did and have a setup ranked matchmaking where its easy to play with friends and there is no user controlled host. I wonder when they'll learn rolleyes.gif

Edited by wasting, 09 March 2006 - 03:08 PM.

#7 Rubix42

Rubix42

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 09 March 2006 - 03:43 PM

I was very pissed about this when I went to play ranked last night. You can't cheat if you are forced to play on the same team. . .

#8 Carlo210

Carlo210

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,220 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 09 March 2006 - 03:54 PM

That's not very nice. In Halo 2, you could play ranked with a friend unless the friend was playing on your console as a guest.

#9 woofis

woofis

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 04:04 PM

they should make it so that if its a 4vs4 match that you can invite 3 of your friends in and they are forced to be on your team... its a simple fix but i highly doubt they will do it...

#10 Rubix42

Rubix42

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 04:37 PM

I was just thinking about this and had a thought.

What if you private chat with your boy and let him know which game you are joining from the search screen.

Do you think this would work?

Or host a game and they can search for it by game type and join? If the took out invites, I highly doubt they took the time to program it so your game won't show on your friends search.

I won't be able to try this until tonight, so someone give it a shot and let me know.

#11 sp3cialk

sp3cialk

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE(Rubix42 @ Mar 9 2006, 10:44 AM) View Post

I was just thinking about this and had a thought.

What if you private chat with your boy and let him know which game you are joining from the search screen.

Do you think this would work?

Or host a game and they can search for it by game type and join? If the took out invites, I highly doubt they took the time to program it so your game won't show on your friends search.

I won't be able to try this until tonight, so someone give it a shot and let me know.

Me and a friend tried this we thought if we could get another friend in he'd be able to invite or others could join him... so I would create a game that had really weird settings... weird # of players gametype etc.... had my friend search the exact setting and it would come back 0 games found... I don't know I hope someone finds a workaround... it sucks to base a game on teamwork and strategy and then take out the people you work best with... of course I know I can play custom player matches... but I wanna play some ranked with my homies.. dry.gif

#12 semajtotheerns

semajtotheerns

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 05:07 PM

Hey im woofis' friends and it is a real hassel doing it, becasue when he puts a room or what ever it doesnt always find it nad u have to search like maybe 3-7 times befor you find it

#13 Rubix42

Rubix42

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 05:21 PM

Well, once you find the room, can't you just stay in there?

#14 MadEx

MadEx

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 09 March 2006 - 08:41 PM

I don't think any game should allow friends (be it same console, or an invited friend from XBL) in ranked games.

So since that's the norm to me, "what the hell did you expect?"

#15 woofis

woofis

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 08:58 PM

well i set up a private chat with my friends and let them know i was hosting. at that time they searched and found me hosting...it doesnt always bring me up but after like 6-10 tried it usually finds me..o well. the incredible gameplay maks up for this i guess... dry.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users