1962 replies to this topic

#1651 diz1gamer

diz1gamer

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE(ldotsfan @ Sep 23 2008, 06:51 AM) View Post

1. Get Ndure 3.1 from the usual place. No reason to use the older version.
2. Ndure is a softmod, not a dash. Kingroach Ndure is a softmod package that comes with unleashX as default dash.
3. If you want a working msdash that dual-boot with unleashX, you'll need stock msdash ver 5960. Get those from Slayer's 2.7 or CASH 1.1 disc. You'll need a xiso tool like qwix to extract the files from the xiso.
4. Ndure will work with original game disc or game backups.

Finally read this: http://forums.xbox-s...p;#entry4347118 and this: http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=331644 for general background information on softmods.

ALRIGHT ill give it a shot ill DL the 3.1 Ndure and try to extract the MS dash from slayers disc...do i extract the entire C folder and replace the C in HDM Ndure folder???then i create the boot disc and hotswap and do everything again..<<<do u think i have to repartition the drive and run Build HD from scratch or i just run the Ndure installer and it will automatically include the MS dash

#1652 diz1gamer

diz1gamer

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 10:12 AM

Yo an update on my situation...my xbox plays burnt games and original only MS dash dont work but when i put a burnt game or audio it goes to the unleashX dash but if i turn my system on with nothing inside it gives me error 21 and on the unleashX dash when i goto MS dash it says xbox.xbe dont exist or sumthing like dat...anyways i havnt tried to restore yet too bizzy testing out burnt game....i found my power issue was caused by my fan plugg coming off when i had taken apart the xbox so it overheated and tunred off on its own giving me the tvoutput problem and orange light...i think thats what messed up my first attempt softmod since i was using the xbox power it must of turned off while the Ndure was installing.....but howver sometimes this week i will attempt a restore and Re-softmod then tryin out the Slayers disc autoinstaller

#1653 steveo1978

steveo1978

Local Retard

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 25 September 2008 - 07:23 AM

make sure you get a back-up of your eeprom

to do that use file manager and go to e:\ndts\default.xbe it has a option to back-up the eeprom i think it either backs it up to the backup folder or nkp11 folder they are on the e:\ drive

#1654 daov2a

daov2a

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 09:22 PM

Trying to do a 1TB upgrade as indicated on this forum:

http://forums.xbox-s...o...648145&st=0

Getting error 13 every time. Did the ftp copy after running ndts default.xbe but still get error 13.

Any ideas?

#1655 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 26 September 2008 - 06:29 AM

In the ndure installer, use option "2" to install the softmod and see what happens..Or try creating the harddrive first with using ms dashboard files from slayers disk and then do the softmod. Error 13 means files in C drive are missing.

#1656 Orecets

Orecets

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 08:39 PM

I have a sony crt hdtv, and am using ndure+xunleash
I love it, but there is a pink overlay that happens when it boots up. Seems to happen shortly after it switches resolution to go to the unleash gui.

Commerical games run fine if i boot with them, but if I run a commercial game after loading unleash, the color overlay appears on the games too.

I have a bootdisk by frosty called phoenix bio loader or something, it boots into a file manager, and that boots fine too, with no pink overlay. I can then use the file manager to launch the defauldash.xbe on the e drive, and that boots up with no overlay too.

Anyone know how I might be able to fix this? I have it working, but Id rather not have to use a boot dvd then swap to a gave if I dont have to.

Thanks.

#1657 Orecets

Orecets

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 04:43 AM

Thanks for helping guys, I guess it was the kernel version i used (generic) because I wasnt sure of my kernel version and couldnt access it. But I found it, and reinstalled ndure and its look beautiful.

My daughter will miss the pink though.

Very fun project, thanks for your hard work Mr Roach.

#1658 Hajlaj

Hajlaj

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:none

Posted 13 October 2008 - 01:36 AM

How do i remove post?

Edited by Hajlaj, 13 October 2008 - 01:55 AM.

#1659 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 13 October 2008 - 01:52 AM

You don't need access to the internet - a "newer" live-enabled game like Halo 2 will update the dash to 5960 for you.

However, if you're using xboxhdm then you can just build your softmod files on top of a stock 5960 C dash that you can get from Slayers or CASH, so you upgrade the dash as part of the softmod process. The Kingroach instructions explain how to do this.

#1660 Hajlaj

Hajlaj

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 02:04 AM

Yes i realized that later, sry smile.gif luckily i had a copy of Nascar06 that just did the trick. Thanks anyway!
Just bought an XBOX 1 for a cheap price and wanted to to something with it smile.gif

Complete beginner! After this i will have to install a dashboard like UNLEASHx or similiar?
And after that i can transfer files via rj45 with FTP app, such as .iso? I really hate stupid questions (especially if its already answered in so many FAQs) but i dont know where to search, a link or a short (but good) answer would be the world!

(From sweden, pardon my english!)

Edited by Hajlaj, 13 October 2008 - 02:11 AM.

#1661 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 02:19 AM

Kingroach NDURE installs UnleashX as the dashboard, and then you can use the ftp server (and client) in UnleashX to transfer music, videos and games to your Xbox. If you want to put lots of files on it you'll probably need to install a bigger hard disc.......

And your English is absolutely fine smile.gif

Edited by Heimdall, 13 October 2008 - 02:19 AM.

#1662 Hajlaj

Hajlaj

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 02:27 AM

Aight! That was myguess. Yes, i'll guess i just buy a cheap 40gb HD somewhere, thats like 10 great .isos atleast. Don't see the point of using it as a "HTPC" when u only can watch xvid, or am i wrong? can i watch .mkvs that are in 720p and 1080 res? (but then ofc the 1080 is downscaled to 720)

Merc, viva UK! happy.gif

#1663 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 02:38 AM

With XBMC you can play far more than just xvid - see here. On the Xbox I understand that it will play some 720 sources depending on how they are encoded.

#1664 Hajlaj

Hajlaj

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 02:53 AM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Oct 13 2008, 04:14 AM) View Post

With XBMC you can play far more than just xvid - see here. On the Xbox I understand that it will play some 720 sources depending on how they are encoded.

Ah okey thanks! i thought XBMX was a add-on program and not a dashboard. That makes it harder to install right? biggrin.gif unleash version in this "package", is that very out-dated compared to its latest version or just some few bug fixes? Do you know.
And when i transfer through rj45, does it work with a normal cable or must it be a "cross-wired"? (dont know the english word)

Edited by Hajlaj, 13 October 2008 - 02:55 AM.

#1665 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 04:08 AM

if you are connecting thru a router then any wire will work.. if you want to directly connect the xbox with computer then you will need to use crossover cable.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users