Ndure Softmod Through Xboxhdm

• Please log in to reply
1962 replies to this topic

#1801 KiLLinUm'

KiLLinUm'

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Video games, Modding, Electronics, learning hacking, networking information, Weed, cars, projects!
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 January 2010 - 11:29 AM

Thanks for the complete step by step! The pics and everything 1st tutorial for swaping I have seen that is idiot proof! Lol... anyways keep up the good work! I am going to execute this tonight on my recent buy of my 1st core system! I will let you know how it goes. Thank you again!

#1802 simon74

simon74

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 10:27 PM

hi guys new here ,and well now iam going to look an idiot .
well dug me old xbox out last night thought id have a go at your tutorial.
everything went great step for step .
flicked the xbox back on after finishing .
and well i came up against the red light and customer help screen.
i thought id start the hard disk out of my xbox again via pc .
and all i can come up with now or as its saying is no partitions.
i know ive probs done somthing really silly here ,but can anyone help a little .
or is it just another dead system lol thanks sad.gif

#1803 ryan_the_leach

ryan_the_leach

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 15 January 2010 - 10:48 AM

You sir, are a god.

with a name like textbook you SERIOUSLY should be writing proper textbooks you
really are that good at making written instructions.

#1804 biojudgement

biojudgement

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 08:13 AM

i need help hotswaping for Auto-Installer.Deluxe.v4.50.FINAL with out a game tho can someone help me step by step first try i know how to connect it to the pc and unlock it but past that i am lost

#1805 totoz

totoz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:17 AM

the tutorial is perfect but :
got an xbox modded with aladdin chip, with power button issues (button not working, so turning on - off with plug-unplug from the wall - eject works)

i was thinking about removing the aladdin chip and try this softmod (dumb question: this removal could possibly fix the power button issue?)

so final question: is it good to try this mod on an "unchipped" xbox? THANKS

Edited by totoz, 17 February 2010 - 10:18 AM.

#1806 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 17 February 2010 - 01:16 PM

QUOTE(totoz @ Feb 17 2010, 05:17 PM) View Post

i was thinking about removing the aladdin chip and try this softmod (dumb question: this removal could possibly fix the power button issue?)

Remove the chip after you have transferred the files over with ftp and save yourself the trouble of hotswapping. A softmod doesn't solve hardware problems.

#1807 r4nd0mh3r02k

r4nd0mh3r02k

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 01:56 PM

sleep.gif Right for those who are having problems with the whole HOTSWAP thing then have no fear lol

I was having the same issue, everything on this tutorial worked fine apart from the hotswap side of things, my Hard drive was always locked no matter what i did, until i found out that the best way to make sure that the xbox hard drive is unlocked and is detected by you pc is to do the following:

1. Unplug the IDE ribbon cable from the xbox DVD-Rom drive (this gives me Error Code 12 which is what you need for succesful hotswap)

2. Boot Xbox and it should come to Error 'code 12' Screen (black screen Green writing)

3. Now turn on your pc and make sure that the "xboxhdm Ndure" boot cd is in the PC CD/DVD rom drive.

4. on PC Boot press the [Pause/Break] button on the keyboard during memory check, this will pause your computer on boot, so Hard drive detection is paused giving you plenty of time to hotswap smile.gif

5. Now your pc is booted and u pressed "pause / break" the xbox should already be on and at the error code 12 screen. If this is correct then you can proceed, Unplug the IDE Ribbon Cable from xbox Hard Drive and connect your PC IDE Ribbon Cable to the Xbox Hard Drive (swapped) now wait about 20-30 seconds and then press "Esc" key. This will resume system boot-up

On the next screen it should be the "xboxhdm" boot screen Press Option "1" and "Enter", your xbox hard drive should now be Accessible and Unlocked ready to install Ndure smile.gif

I can verify this works as ive done it myself using above tutorial and these steps to unlock hard drive.

Big thanks to you guys for all the effort and time in creating such an easy solution to modding my xbox it now plays everything even though im using a thomson tgm600 dvd-drive (crappest xbox dvd drive ever!) pop.gif

P.S. I take no responsibility for any damage caused through using my tut on hotswap, you use this at your own risk!

Edited by r4nd0mh3r02k, 18 February 2010 - 01:57 PM.

#1808 Rotcod

Rotcod

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 01:02 PM

Hi all! I've tried to softmod my xbox with this tutorial but there are some unhappy results.

i plugged the the power cable of PC to the xbox HDD and the ribbon cable of xbox to ownhdd and started PC and xbox same time and unlocked xbox HDD with that track copying from auodio CD method. then swapped the cables and started boot from CD. After making 3 parts of backupping process i have seen a message like done exiting and press any key to continue. as this tutorial i supposed to see the installer menu. So i entered again manually that installer menu and started installation but i ended up with some error messages like no space, cannot copy files etc. I thought i failed something then i wanted to start everything again. When i plug cables back to xbox and turn on i entered new unleash dashboard. so i checkeed every menu items and found out that some features are not working. my next wish was to swap HDD again and restore old dashboard from Backup which i made. So i plugged cables like i did before and turned on PC and xbox same time but i get error 7 instead of unleash dashboard. turned of the devices and plugged own cables to xbox and started but still error 7. I have to fix the xbox urgently before my girlfriend finds out that i broke the xbox.

i tried to acces the HDD by directly plugging to PC and start boot CD but it says cannot find xbox partition. I think it's because of that unlock/lock thing, huh?. And the xbox doesnt boot any game.

i asked google about it and the thing slayers disk can solve problems like this but am not sure that will boot on that xbox.

SO HELP ME! ! ! !

#1809 steveo1978

steveo1978

Local Retard

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:51 PM

You said you made some backup files. Did you make a eeprom backup? You might have killed your hard drive in the xbox.

#1810 Rotcod

Rotcod

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 11:55 PM

QUOTE(steveo1978 @ Feb 22 2010, 08:51 PM) View Post

You said you made some backup files. Did you make a eeprom backup? You might have killed your hard drive in the xbox.

I don't have eeprom. Some guys say that it's possible to read eeprom from my xbox mainboard. For this i have to build a kind of device by myself. Any way i have to work with solder if i want to install modchip. If i know my eeprom i can install new hard drive huh? Or find some used xbox in ebay?

#1811 Rotcod

Rotcod

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 03:08 PM

This xbox is making me mad. I bought some diodes and sticker for serial port and built that EEPROM reader. My reader apprently works good and i have seen my xboxes serial number on the Ponyprog screen and saved as EEPROM.BIN. But that program called Liveinfo says that my eeprom is not valid, cannot decrypt blah blah etc. I checked all the things and repeated everything but the results are same. Now i think i should find a modchip and install it.

#1812 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 03:43 PM

QUOTE(Rotcod @ Feb 24 2010, 10:08 PM) View Post

This xbox is making me mad. I bought some diodes and sticker for serial port and built that EEPROM reader. My reader apprently works good and i have seen my xboxes serial number on the Ponyprog screen and saved as EEPROM.BIN. But that program called Liveinfo says that my eeprom is not valid, cannot decrypt blah blah etc. I checked all the things and repeated everything but the results are same. Now i think i should find a modchip and install it.

Strictly speaking only the hdd key is critical for locking/unlocking. Which version of LiveInfo did you use?

#1813 kbrande1

kbrande1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 26 February 2010 - 07:29 PM

Firstly great site, great tut, I am amazed at what you guys have been able to figure out! But I had a question on something before I began as I don't want to brick my freshly acquired xbox.

FWIW, I have read through this entire tut (a few times actually) as well as several others, on this site and others. I have a 1.6 xbox so I thought I would try this softmod with the hotswap method, instead of trying to find one of the games, build my own Action Replay, etc. (and as I understand it, the gamesave exploits don't work on a 1.6 xbox anyway?). So I have assembled / installed all of the applications and files called for in this tut and I was ready to finally begin last night.

Then upon reading through all of the documentation in some of the packages called for in this tut, I came upon some information about needing to get your eeprom data. It doesn't really mention this at all within this tut proper, rather it is only mentioned as I said in the supplemental data (readmes) of the required softwares! Considering the importance of the bit about the eeprom, I thing this is somewhat of a glaring omission from an otherwise excellent tut! Well, either that or I have missed something.

So my question is this: If you have a 1.6 xbox, and cannot use a save game exploit, then how do you get into it initially to get your eeprom data? If you need to obtain the eeprom data to put on the CD you burn, to install to the xbox HD, so you can safely re-lock it upon exit, but the only way to obtain the eeprom data is when you are already hacked into the unlocked xbox HD, then how do you get the eeprom data in the first place? It seems like a bit of a catch-22 to me. Am I dense, or have I just overlooked something?

I have googled and read around quite a bit already, but maybe I am not looking in the right places. Any help, even a point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated! In the meantime while I await a response, I shall continue to scour the forums in search of the answer.

#1814 steveo1978

steveo1978

Local Retard

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 27 February 2010 - 03:17 AM

Thats the thing about reading a bunch of tutorials, information gets mixed up.

You can do the gamesave exploit on a 1.6 so if you would feel safer going that route then you should do that. The game save exploit its far safer then doing the hotswap. Not trying to scare you but the worst thing I can think of that would happen during the gamesave softmod is you mess up the data on the hdd which isnt to bad and can be easily fixed. But the worst thing I can think of that could happen during the hotswap is that you kill your PC and xbox which wont be to easy to fix.

Ok you dont need the eeprom until after the softmod is done. Once the softmod is done you back it up so that if a problem comes up later on down the road with your HDD or you want to just upgrade the hdd.

#1815 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 03:19 AM

QUOTE(kbrande1 @ Feb 27 2010, 02:29 AM) View Post

So my question is this: If you have a 1.6 xbox, and cannot use a save game exploit, then how do you get into it initially to get your eeprom data? If you need to obtain the eeprom data to put on the CD you burn, to install to the xbox HD, so you can safely re-lock it upon exit, but the only way to obtain the eeprom data is when you are already hacked into the unlocked xbox HD, then how do you get the eeprom data in the first place? It seems like a bit of a catch-22 to me. Am I dense, or have I just overlooked something?

1. For the record, gamesave exploit, ie Krayzie Ndure 1.1 works on 1.6 xbox.
2. Hotswapping allows you to do the initial softmod without the eeprom. The hdd is temporarily unlocked during the duration for the exploit files to be copied onto the hdd.
3. Eeprom is for hdd upgrade after the initial softmod as well as an insurance policy for the softmod xbox. After you complete the softmod (ie unleashX dash is running), do an eeprom backup and ftp it to your PC for safekeeping.

EDIT: too slow to post

Edited by ldotsfan, 27 February 2010 - 03:21 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users