• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:51 AM

No.
Yes.

Read my signature - Build a new softmod disk with eeprom. Alternatively, use HeXEn/lxhdm to build the new disk in your Xbox.

Edited by Heimdall, 21 March 2012 - 09:53 AM.

#1937 kenzo42

kenzo42

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:42 AM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Mar 21 2012, 09:51 AM) View Post

No.
Yes.

Read my signature - Build a new softmod disk with eeprom. Alternatively, use HeXEn/lxhdm to build the new disk in your Xbox.

Thanks for the information Heimdall. It went so smoothly until i was about to lock the drive. As i pressed 3 to enter the "lock section" of xboxhdm, my arcade monitor decided it didnt want to display (outside of its frequency) in that section of xboxhdm so i never had the chance to type in the lockhd command.

I am forced to use another computer now that i am leaving town. Should i redo all the steps again and lock it using all the same pc? Or can i just plug my previous work into a different pc and just lock it?

#1938 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:09 PM

If all you had left to do was lock the hard disk, then all you need to do still is lock the hard disk smile.gif "no need to re build the hard disk"

Edited by shambles1980, 22 March 2012 - 08:10 PM.

#1939 tmcw

tmcw

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:24 PM

QUOTE(Al1ens @ Oct 19 2010, 11:29 PM) View Post

Hope this isn't too late to reply, but I had the same problem last week while I was trying to upgrade my HD.
I had used the same Ndure 3.1 xboxhdm combination to softmod my box originally, but trying to use it this time got me the same ' mo disk' error.
After nearly belting my PC in frustration after countless reboots, only to have the same error message, I stumbled on the solution, not only saving my poor computer from a bashing, but also my sanity too.
I hope it works for you and everyone else having this same issue.

Simply, after you have set your pc to boot from the dc/dvd in bios, insert the disc and boot with the computers hard drive connected. It goes straight to the xboxhdm menu screen, and when it does, then unplug the pc hard drive and do the hot swap.

I had seperate issues with freezing my new hd and then only getting the ms dash (no unleashx), forcing me to do the whole softmod again, but using this system, I had no more 'no disk' errors.

Hope it helps.

Just to add to this if anyone else is having a bit of a headache like I had earlier today...

I couldn't get the hard drive to unlock for the softmod, but eventually by having the IDE cable (the one I was planning on connecting the Xbox hard drive to) connected with another hard drive when booting xboxhd maker, it seemed like I was getting a little further, but for some reason, it still wouldn't let me use the functions to make a new disk from scratch, or any of the other options. Only when I used one of the power connectors of the PC, was I able to execute the option to build the hard drive from scratch.

#1940 themacmeister

themacmeister

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:00 AM

Please also suggest that people insulate their exposed hard-drive/circuitry from metal objects.

I burnt a whole through the controller chip the first XBOX softmod I tried.

I now use an inch of padding between hard-drive and metal!

(I just realised that CD/DVD and HDD don't necessarily need to be on IDE1 - DOH!)

#1941 Fruitonice

Fruitonice

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:43 PM

Hi

I am new to the forum and I am looking at modding my xbox360 arcade is this tutorial the correct one to follow and is the excellent tutorial on the first page still current to follow as I have been having some difficulty finding a tutorial thats as well laid out and easy to follow but also finding all the required files is also been proving difficult as a lot of tutorials have dead links.

Many thanks for you help in advance.

#1942 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:01 PM

This is an Xbox 1 forum, and an Xbox 1 topic. You should post your question in the Xbox 360 newbie forum..... for obvious reasons.

#1943 Fruitonice

Fruitonice

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Jun 21 2012, 01:01 PM) View Post

This is an Xbox 1 forum, and an Xbox 1 topic. You should post your question in the Xbox 360 newbie forum..... for obvious reasons.

Thanks for that I got to this thread by google search sorry for posting here.

#1944 EphGirl

EphGirl

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:02 PM

I followed the softmod tutorial to a T using the front page post. It worked. UnleashX booted up perfectly after I disconnected from the PC and back into the XBOX.

However, when I tried to install a larger hdd (Maxtor 120gb, supported from the compatibility list) I ran into problems. I backed up the EEPROM files using ConfigMagic. I renamed the file to EEPROM.bin and put it into the EEPROM folder just like the instructions say on the front post FAQ. I ran the special UnleashX xbe that gives you full access to C and E partitions and I backed them up via FTP and placed them in the xboxhdm directories. I made the iso and burnt it to dvd. The only hiccup I kept encountering was when running lockhd -a it never finds the EEPROM. So I placed it on a floppy. If I tell it to check from floppy it can always lock the drive. I've done this 3-4 times already. I continually get ERROR 06 when I am done and plug into the XBOX.

Ideas? From what I've gathered this is some sort of locking issue, but the drive is locked.

#1945 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 July 2012 - 01:42 AM

Run the special UnleashX - which is actually ndts before you backup eeprom with ConfigMagic to bypass virtual eeprom

#1946 EphGirl

EphGirl

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:50 AM

QUOTE(ldotsfan @ Jul 14 2012, 05:42 PM) View Post

Run the special UnleashX - which is actually ndts before you backup eeprom with ConfigMagic to bypass virtual eeprom

So I did everything fine, except I locked the larger hdd with a virtual eeprom?

I'm on vacation now, but as soon as I get home I'll do what you said and see what happens. I'll run that special UnleashX, then run ConfigMagic, then dump the EEPROM to my desktop via FTP, then send it to floppy, then run the xboxhdm. Should I unlock the larger hdd with the virtual eeprom already on the floppy then re-lock it with the real eeprom? Or does it matter?

#1947 stu_da_baker

stu_da_baker

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:34 PM

Hello again XS! I've done a few chip mods years ago, and now decided to try my hand at a softmod, and it's driving me batty!! I've followed this tut and I'm having a problem when I go to hotswap, using xboxhdm 1.9, I swap from MS dash to pc, press 1 and pc display just goes to a black screen with no prompt, every time. Did I screw up making the ISO? Should I get some kind of message if the drive is still locked? I've burned it twice, making sure to rename the ndure.htm to just ndure.

Primary IDE master connector with DVD drive on Secondary IDE alone.

I've searched for the black screen problem with xboxhdm for 2 days now and haven't been able to find anything on it.

It's either a v1.2 or 1.3 xbox (not sure because the links in the tutorial for xbox versions are dead) NTSC NA

Thanks for any advice!

#1948 stu_da_baker

stu_da_baker

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:22 AM

Well, got it sorted, it was a crazy dumb reason, and I will put away my pride and tell about it in case someone else runs across this! I had unplugged all usb devices, but I had forgotten about a usb card reader that was plugged directly into the motherboard, which was causing xboxhdm to hang. Unplugged that, and the rest went as planned! Got it done!

#1949 EphGirl

EphGirl

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:01 PM

Well guys I am truly stumped. I ran the special UnleashX and then dumped the EEPROM from ConfigMagic and then re-locked the larger hdd w/ the EEPROM and it still spits out error 06 when I connect it to the XBOX.

I have no idea what else is going on. I've followed instructions on everything. Please brainstorm ideas here.

#1950 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:46 AM

@EplGirl

1. What version is your xbox? 1.6?
2. ndts has eeprom backup as well. Can't remember if eeprom.bin backup is on E:\ or E:\NKP11. Compare that with your copy from ConfigMagic and verify serial no. with LiveInfo on PC.
3. What version of ConfigMagic was used?
4. Make sure the correct copy of eeprom.bin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users