#1951 andwan0

andwan0

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:28 AM

Q: How can I uninstall the softmod?
A: Since you backed up your C drive before installing the softmod, you can "reload" the backup and go back to a retail state. To do this, launch Ndure Toolset and choose Restore From HD Backup.

It's been so long since i last soft-modded my XBOX using this method. After doing this method I installed XBMC as my default dashboard.

Now I would like to un soft-mod. How can I get to Ndure Toolset?

#1952 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:37 AM

@andwan0:

e:\ndts\default.xbe

#1953 acidflea

acidflea

X-S Enthusiast

• Validating
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:19 PM

Installing Updated Backup Script

First, you must download the updated script. Right-click HERE and save as. Left-clicking will just bring up a weird page. You have to right-click and save as.

When you hit Save As... it will ask you where you want to save the file and what do you want to name it. It may add a .txt or .htm file extension to it, so you will have to delete the file extension so it is just ndure Save this updated ndure script file to the /xboxhdm/linux/ndure/ folder. Since there is the old script already in there, it should ask if you want to overwrite. Say yes. If it doesn't ask you if you want to overwrite, please check the /xboxhdm/linux/ndure/ folder and make sure you named it just ndure and not ndure.htm.

Above from the firstt page it says to download an updated script. The link is not working for me. I have downloaded all software on the first page and plan on following the instructions on the first page soon but looking to see if this script is still needed.

I have installed mod chips before but this is my first attempt at a softmod. Just bought a used xbox the other day and plan on modding it.

Any help is appreciated guys

#1954 urquhart

urquhart

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:34 PM

Please Guys help me!

I'm trying to softmod my old xbox. I created a disk, make it the first boot selection. Disconnect the computer hard drive. I do the hotswap, and after I type xbohd, it says, that he found the master hard drive: "my xbox hd number" and says, that my xbox hd is blocked. What should I do? I made it to be master hard drive.

#1955 Xand49

Xand49

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:01 AM

I'm trying to softmod with an eeprom and an unlocked drive using 2.2 and 3.1 when I get into midnight commander I am unable to execute the ndure script if I try doing it from the prompt I get a permission Denied also, any ideas?

#1956 ebinum

ebinum

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:05 PM

i have softmodded my xbox using this tutorial. this tut says it installs evox n mine got unleash x
it installed unleash x as my dashboard and i can also get back to my ms dashboard but the ms dash keeps asking to connect to xbox live. and it wont let me do anything in there. i can play both copied and not copied games.

what should i do to let the ms dash work properly

#1957 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:36 AM

You haven't followed the instructions properly.

The easiest way to fix it is with HeXEn (Google Heimdall's Xbox Engineering Disc). Burn to DVD-R at 4x or slower, cold boot with it in the drive, select option 2.1.2 or 2.1.3.

#1958 SPPV

SPPV

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:none

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:00 PM

For softmodding via HDM you may want to consider using AutoBuilder5.1. Its much newer than Kingroach Ndure and offers many perks like dash choice, shadowc or regular softmod, XBMC and apps and emus.

If you can click an exe and follow on screen prompts you can use it lol

#1959 Behemoth69

Behemoth69

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:30 AM

I've been trying to softmod my Xbox this weekend using Ndure 3.1 and Xboxhdm 2.2, since I only have a single ATA port. I'm able to go through the entire process using guides I've found here and other sites, and I get the not enough space/directory not found errors in part 2 of 3 when applying Ndure, but it always ends up saying done. However, whenever I go to boot up my xbox, it does the xbox intro and freezes there. It will boot a game if I have it in the drive (I've only tried originals, since I don't have any game backups) but if I disconnect power from the Xbox I get a code 21 and have to restore from the backup I made.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I've tried tons of different things, such as choosing the generic kernel, rather than the exact one I have, tried both installing just the Ndure software and completely clearing out the c drive and copying it all over. I feel like for some reason that the install process isn't copying over the dashboard and this is what's causing all the trouble.

#1960 SPPV

SPPV

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:none

Posted 02 June 2013 - 11:28 AM

1 IDE port is fine for HDM, just hook the HDD up as master and DVD drive as slave. I use an old HP with only 1 port and XBOXHDM1.9 all the time no issue. Also if Kingroach Ndure isnt working try AutoBuilder. Its a little more user friendly and offer more than the barebones mod in Kingroach.

#1961 Behemoth69

Behemoth69

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 04:39 PM

QUOTE(SPPV @ Jun 2 2013, 11:28 AM) View Post

1 IDE port is fine for HDM, just hook the HDD up as master and DVD drive as slave. I use an old HP with only 1 port and XBOXHDM1.9 all the time no issue. Also if Kingroach Ndure isnt working try AutoBuilder. Its a little more user friendly and offer more than the barebones mod in Kingroach.

Thanks for the reply. Sorry, I should have mentioned that my DVD drive is SATA, so I can't hook it up to the same port as the hard drive. I'm downloading Autobuilder 5.1 now and I'll give it a go.

#1962 Behemoth69

Behemoth69

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:50 AM

Well, I tried using autobuilder, but since I have to use xboxhdm 2.2 I put the pimped folder in the hdm drive. Now I'm getting an error 21. I'll play around with it a bit, but is it not possible for me to just copy the required files over the the xbox hard drive using xbrowser?

Edited by Behemoth69, 03 June 2013 - 02:34 AM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users