X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 21 March 2006 - 05:28 PM

QUOTE(SiFu2 @ Mar 20 2006, 10:58 PM) View Post

Thanks for the tutorial! when I was installing ndure, on part 2/3 it said I didn't have enough disc space, but everything seems to be working well pop.gif

Does it let you copy a file into the C drive when you've booted with the power button?

#62 reeffreaker

reeffreaker

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 06:03 PM

Im not using dvd2xbox, or at least I dont think I am... As far as I know Im using whatever is built into UnleashX.. There is a copy game disk button on the dashboard, that I have been using. I keep getting error 1117 when I try to save a game to the HD, usually after it has saved a part of the game...

#63 Textbook

Textbook

X-S Hacker

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts
  • Interests:Xbox and Computers
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 March 2006 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE(reeffreaker @ Mar 21 2006, 12:10 PM) View Post

Im not using dvd2xbox, or at least I dont think I am... As far as I know Im using whatever is built into UnleashX.. There is a copy game disk button on the dashboard, that I have been using. I keep getting error 1117 when I try to save a game to the HD, usually after it has saved a part of the game...

try dvd2xbox then. If that doesn't work either, ask for some help in the backup forums, they will know how to help you

#64 kfresh97

kfresh97

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 12:14 AM

QUOTE(Textbook @ Mar 22 2006, 01:45 AM) View Post

@kfresh97,
one of the best features that ndure has over previous installers is the ability for your xbox to receive Live updates and not screw up your softmod or xbox. What ndure does prevent is dashboard updates (separate and totally different from live updates for games). There aren't any dashboard updates coming out soon (or ever), so I think we will be fine. I'm guessing the 5960 dash will be the last retail Xbox dashboard version. Don't hesitate to mod it. With the dual-boot feature, you can now change network settings and manage XBL accounts. Since you can receive live updates as well, there's nothign holding you back, and no "Live" prep is necessary.

Thanks very much for the quick reply. It's good to have that cleared up. Although, am I still right in assuming that any dashboard versions prior to the most recent one (I have a 5713 and 4817 box) simply won't update, and therefor Live won't connect because it will keep attempting to update? I ask because I am having trouble getting either of them on Live, and after many attempts and cross checking of settings, etc, the only conclusion I can come to is that it's failing during the update attempt.

#65 TZ!!

TZ!!

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 05:11 PM

sorry i have not replied been busy ok i'm still gonna need to unlock my xbox hd to get eeprom info right is this the corectt way of doing it ? http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=244043 once again thanks for your help

#66 Dr Psycho

Dr Psycho

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 23 March 2006 - 02:43 AM

@ Ndure protagonist

I had the same message when I installed. (The no disc space i the 2/3 progress) When I power up with the power button it does not let me upload any files to the C drive, and I can't see anything on the drive. So I guess everthing works as supposed. Been working for a week now with no problems.

#67 TZ!!

TZ!!

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 05:44 AM

ok i tried to follow the guide but i got to the point of coping the ndure files and all i got was files do not exsist or cannot read from drive now my xbox basically is in a reboot mode it constantly reboots now heres the question as i said in the earlier post i have a chip modded xbox also can i take the hard drive from this xbox and put it into the chip modded xbox so i can ftp into it and pull the info? is this possiable witout putting chip in the non modded xbox thanks

#68 Textbook

Textbook

X-S Hacker

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 06:32 AM

QUOTE(Textbook @ Mar 20 2006, 02:07 PM) View Post

Well, in order to get your eeprom and backup all of your data (saves and music) the Xbox will have to be modded to begin with. An unmodded Xbox can't FTP. So, use this tutorial to mod your original Xbox to your specifications. Get it set up just how you want it. In order to backup your EEPROM, use Evox and hit the Backup option to backup your eeprom and hdd key to the backup folder wherever Evox is installed. After backing up the eeprom, you are ready to FTP. Put a SlaYer's disc in your Xbox and turn it off. (Yes, I know, everybody tells you not to use SlaYer's with a softmod, and you really shouldn't, but you just need it as a boot disc).

Boot the now softmodded Xbox with SlaYer's and let it sit at the main menu. Don't select any options. Just FTP in and backup your entire hard drive onto your computer somewhere safe. After you have everything backed up, you can move on to the new hard drive. Because you have a chipped Xbox, it makes it really easy and we'll take advantage of that. Plug in your new hard drive into your chipped Xbox and boot with a SlaYer's disc. Choose to format the hard drive as a large hard drive, and it should create a big F drive. After it's done formatting, FTP in and transfer your entire backup onto the new hard drive. Make sure all your files transfer correctly, in the same locations that they were before. It is very important. Make sure you don't delete the backup on your computer. Keep it there because you still need it and it's a good idea to have a backup at all times anyways. Now, you will have to burn another xboxhdm disc but this time include the eeprom.bin (from your backup) in the /xboxhdm/linux/eeprom/ folder. Plug the new hard drive (that you just formatted and FTP'ed your backup to) into your computer. You don't have to hotswap or anything, because the hard drive is already unlocked. Boot with Xboxhdm, choose option 3 - Lock HD with Linux, and type "lockhd -a" without the quotes.

NOTE-I think I read somewhere that you can use an xboxhdm disc with no eeprom and put the eeprom.bin on a floppy and read it from there, this would save you having to burn another disc, but I've never tried it

Once the new hard drive is locked to the eeprom, turn off your computer, unhook the drive, and hook it back up into your Xbox (the unchipped one). If everything went well, it should boot up to UnleashX and you have a modded Xbox that does everything your chipped Xbox can do.

if the hard drive is unlocked, then you could just do that ^^

if not, unlock it and then do that ^^

#69 kfresh97

kfresh97

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 05:17 AM

RE: the above quote

I can confirm you can use an eeprom on a floppy insted of burning a new disc, I just did it tongue.gif
Select option 6 from the xboxhd menu, then when it complains about not having an eeprom on the CD, select option 1. (also, a warning...make sure you have your xbox drive/the one you want you use in the primary master first, otherwise it will generate a HDD key for whatever is plugged in... I just did that as well laugh.gif )

#70 Ndure protagonist

Ndure protagonist

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 05:48 AM

QUOTE(Dr Psycho @ Mar 22 2006, 06:50 PM) View Post
@ Ndure protagonist

I had the same message when I installed. (The no disc space i the 2/3 progress) When I power up with the power button it does not let me upload any files to the C drive, and I can't see anything on the drive. So I guess everthing works as supposed. Been working for a week now with no problems.
Thanks for the confirmation.
{~
Almost everything will still work correctly but the virtual C (that you're seeing) is supposed to be usable, which is occasionally necessary.
~}

#71 wivenhoe

wivenhoe

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 24 March 2006 - 12:14 PM

A quick question. I'm not new to xbox modding/softmodding so generally know what I'm doing but my situation is this.
I have used the Ndure Softmod through Xboxhdm tutorial and softmodded my xbox fine, everything works exactly as it should. However I've now decided I want to upgrade my hard-drive to something bigger. I know the usual way to do it by getting the eeprom, using xboxhdm to prepare it & lock it etc. etc.
BUT because I'm using the shadow C option, my C drive is empty when ftp'ing off the xbox so I can't get the files to put onto a xboxhdm boot cd. Any suggestions/work-arounds?

EDIT: Would it work if I prepared the new disk as a standard xbox harddrive, and then ran the ndure installer through xboxhdm on this new drive, and then locked it with the eeprom? I can then just ftp across from my pc any other files I want to put onto the disc.

Edited by wivenhoe, 24 March 2006 - 12:33 PM.

#72 Textbook

Textbook

X-S Hacker

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 02:32 PM

You will need full hard drive access. Earlier in this thread, I told TZ to boot with a SlaYer's disc and he should have full hard drive access. But now that I think about it, I'm not so sure this will work, because the softmod has to run in order to launch SlaYer's, and since the softmod loads, then the virtual/shadow C loads too. I do believe though, that you can go to any file manager and load E:/ndts/default.xbe - which will load the Ndure Toolset. Within here you should have full hard drive access. Can anybody answer these?

Yes or No, does booting with SlaYer's give you full hd access? (My initial thought was yes, but now that I think about it, I'm thinking no)

Yes or No, does loading ndure toolset give you full hd access?

If these don't get answered, I can try and check later today (but I am still computerless right now from a hard drive death)

#73 wivenhoe

wivenhoe

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 24 March 2006 - 02:49 PM

I'll give the ndure toolset a go in 4 or 5 hours when i'm back home with my xbox. Otherwise, I think my other route would work...
If i ftp all save games, and app/game data from the e drive on my current xbox harddrive to my pc (and my eeprom hd key).
Then put my new bigger hard-drive onto my pc, booted into xboxhdm.
Prepare it as a standard xbox drive.
Then run ndure installer from xboxhdm so it softmods this new drive.
Then lock the drive and put it in the xbox.
Then ftp back all my gamesaves and apps/games from pc to the xbox (with the new hard-drive).

#74 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 24 March 2006 - 02:49 PM

slayers does not give full hd access.. shadowc is still on.. only "ndts' or any other pbl will give full hd access.

Would it work if I prepared the new disk as a standard xbox harddrive, and then ran the ndure installer through xboxhdm on this new drive, and then locked it with the eeprom? I can then just ftp across from my pc any other files I want to put onto the disc.

that would work also.. another recommended way to mod is get C drive files from slayers disk or if you have the original files. Then run ndure installer over the files. And then copy the files from C and E folder to xboxhdm's C and E folder. Then using xboxhdm just create a new hd and lock it. hard drive will be softmodded..

#75 Ndure protagonist

Ndure protagonist

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 05:18 PM

QUOTE(kingroach) View Post
slayers does not give full hd access.. shadowc is still on.. only "ndts' or any other pbl will give full hd access.
{+
Alternatively, with the version of Nkpatcher that Ndure 3.0 uses (thanks to xman954) ...
the virtual C can be deactivated by creating /E/shadowC_off.bin (any size) and re-starting with the Power button.

Likewise, the virtual eeprom can be deactivated with /E/EEPROM_off.bin (and to activate the virtuals again afterwards, just rename or delete these control files)...
+}

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users