#856 MrTea76

MrTea76

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 10 December 2006 - 12:46 PM

Hi I followed Textbooks tut for my new xbox that I got last week. My xbox has got dash version D1.00.5960.01 which is what the tut recommends.

After I did the mod I was given an error 21 code straight after the xbox logo all the time so I searched and found it was recommended that I restore the backup and try the mod again, so I did that but now I get error 16 straight after the xbox logo when booting with both the tray open and closed.

I can't ftp to the box as I cant get to the dash so I'll have to hotswap again.

Does anybody know if there's a simple fix to do?

Thanks in advance

#857 dcx_badass

dcx_badass

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 11 December 2006 - 07:54 PM

Hi i'm new to Xbox modding(only had an xbox 2 weeks. Anyways....

Will someone help me?
I've broken one xbox trying to mod it(well me and a friend broke his, so he got another)
Anyways we tried this way:
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=496263 (this thread)

After swapping the HDD we choose option 1 on the disk( 1 + 2 gave same error) and it scrolled loads of writting, only obvious error message we could pic out was:
'Kmod: failed to exec /sbin/mod/probe -s -k scsi_hostadapter, errno = 2' (remove '') After putting the HDD back in the xbox the power light(green circle round eject button) flashes red constantly and the xbox does nothing, we've checked the connections.

Thanks.

Also once this is modded can we set up new HDD's (eg. 200GB) using this Xbox and leave our original HDD's untouched?

There's 3 of us, we all have a newest one (manufactured 15-May-2005 came with newest dash) and one of my mates has an older one which we broke.

#858 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 12 December 2006 - 12:59 AM

do you see any errors in the tv?.. if you connect the xbox to tv it should give you a error code like 7/9.

Edited by kingroach, 12 December 2006 - 12:59 AM.

#859 Mike Bowler

Mike Bowler

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 12:37 AM

i have done this NDURE mod and upgraded to a 250gb Maxtor DiamondMax 21 the only errors i got during the whole experience which concern me a little are:
part 1/3
part 2/3
cp: unable to open "/xbox/c/xboxdashdata.185ead00/" : Is a directory
cp: write error: no space left on device
part 3/3
done

should i be concerned about this or should the mod have been installed fine?

#860 sandwraith

sandwraith

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 27 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 December 2006 - 06:15 PM

I was trying to softmod my box. Here's what happened:
1.I hooked up the xbox hd with the PC's power cord
2.I booted up both my xbox and pc.
3.box went to MS Dash , PC went to xboxhdm screen.
4.I hotswapped the HD and pressed 1
5.The pc started loading and it said "No xbox data found ..... Please reboot. Type "reboot" or smth. like that" dry.gif
6.I typed reboot when my xbox hd was still hooked up with my pc's IDE and power cord.
7.I tried to install NDURE again but the same thing happened.
8.I disconected my xbox HD and hooked it up as normal.
Now when i turn on my xbox i doesn't even load and it doesn't even show an error message. Only if I disconect the HD it loads up to error 7. sad.gif when I was softmodding my linux cd was in the cd drive and there was no other HD hooked up to the PC (I have 2 and they were the primary drives so i disconected 'em). What can I do? sad.gif Can I repair my Xbox? Please help me! Thank You all in advance! sleep.gif

#861 Cory

Cory

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 07:23 AM

About time:

After fooling with the font exploit forever, I came across this. Again, I had some problems, which I eventually worked out.

*Note. If you try this tut and you are sure everything is set up right, and your hd is unlocked, make sure your hd jumpers are set to master instead of cable select, as mine was being detected as hdb rather then hda.*

Anyways. My problem. When I hit the power button, the mod works fine. However when I hit the eject button to power on my xbox, I get an err 21 and my drive closes halfway, pauses, then closes the rest of the way. Why is this, and is there any fix? Possibly looking for a dashboard that isnt there?

#862 predator666

predator666

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 12:26 PM

I successfully modded my original xbox.. but now I am having trouble doing my new virgin one... which I believe is a September 02 model (1.1 ? China.. samsung dvd drive)

It has 5960 dash, and 4187 kernel, which I've burnt to the CD using ndure installer.. all appears to go fine except it comes up with "cannot find /c/media/* and /c/bios/*" when i try to copy using ndure.. otherwise it seems to complete the process.. When i reboot my xbox, it just goes to the xbox logo with the 'microsoft' text, and won't proceed further. If I try 2. to 'create fresh c installation' it does not give an error, but doesn't work either.

I can restore from backup, and it goes back to as it was... but not having much luck with it softmodding to bring up unleashX.

Last time worked a charm..

Any suggestions of what I may be doing wrong??

Edited by predator666, 14 December 2006 - 12:27 PM.

#863 sandwraith

sandwraith

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 01:27 PM

I think I found out my mistakes:
1.My network cable was unplugged.
2.My keyboard is connected to the PC with a USB cable.

But still: What should I do? The HD doesn't unlock if the box boots into error 7.....And if I install a modchip will it fix my problem?

#864 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 01:57 PM

@predator666, thst the error you get when you have some files missing from cd.. check the cd and make sure you have "bios" and "media" folder in cd's \ndure\C\ folder.

@sandwraith, when you boot your xbox with har drive connected, does the LED changes in xbox?.. Error 7 means hard drive timeout and a symptom of broken hard drive. a modchip will fix it if hotswapping doesnt work

#865 sandwraith

sandwraith

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 02:17 PM

Well,when I boot up the Xbox with a connected HD it just shows a black screen , the HD or smth. makes some strange noises like looping and the LED starts turning red-green-red-green etc. Only if I boot it up with a disconnected HD it shows error code 7 sleep.gif

#866 Mike Bowler

Mike Bowler

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 04:09 PM

i have found a problem with my setup ... if there is a game in the xbox before its switched on then when you turn the xbox on it loads the game fine but when i eject the game the xbox goes into error 21 i don't know what causes this could it be something to do with an empty virtual C: ?

#867 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 05:08 PM

@sandwraith, you can still try to hotswap with the hard drive connected with different timings.. xboxhdm didnt do anything the the hard drive since it was never be able to launch any scripts.. make sure the pins in the back of hard drive is intact and the jumper is set to master.

@Mike Bowler and Cory,

its due to missing files in real C. The msdash cant find all the files needed for it to operate. make sure real C has these files and folders:

fonts
Audio
xboxdashdata.185ead00
xodash
xb0xdash.xbe

#868 sandwraith

sandwraith

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 05:25 PM

QUOTE(kingroach @ Dec 14 2006, 06:15 PM) View Post

@sandwraith, you can still try to hotswap with the hard drive connected with different timings.. xboxhdm didnt do anything the the hard drive since it was never be able to launch any scripts.. make sure the pins in the back of hard drive is intact and the jumper is set to master.

@Mike Bowler and Cory,

its due to missing files in real C. The msdash cant find all the files needed for it to operate. make sure real C has these files and folders:

fonts
Audio
xboxdashdata.185ead00
xodash
xb0xdash.xbe

What do you mean by timings? How can I change them? And I am sure about the pins and that I used the primary master IDE cable? Anything else......?

#869 Cory

Cory

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 05:53 PM

QUOTE(kingroach @ Dec 14 2006, 05:15 PM) View Post

@Mike Bowler and Cory,

fonts
Audio
xboxdashdata.185ead00
xodash
xb0xdash.xbe

My real C appears to not have the audio or Fonts directory, however they are in my fake C.

My real C structure is as follows:

bios
media
shadowc
xboxdashdata.17cdc100
xboxdashdata.17F14D00
xodash
xb0xdash.xbe
xboxdash.xbe

Would I just need to copy over the Fonts and Audio directory from fake C to finx this problem then?

Edit: I guess not. I just tried that.

I notice that your xboxdashdata is .185ead00, while mine appears to be an older version. Could this be a problem? My current M$ Dash version is 5659. Is it the fact that I dont have 5660? If so, how can I get this dash. The only 2 games I have now is Project 8, and Sims Bustin' out.

Edited by Cory, 14 December 2006 - 06:03 PM.

#870 sandwraith

sandwraith

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 06:14 PM

OK. Before I try the softmod again can you give me any more info or other ways to do it , because last time it fkked up my Windows too and I had to reinstall it dry.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users