1962 replies to this topic

#1156 £iquid-!ce

£iquid-!ce

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 04:01 PM

Ok forget what i said before i was being stupid.. (was just hitting y in stead of typing yes)

Tried to lock the harddrive with teamassembly password which obviously didnt work.

How can i get hold of the eeprom.bin on my old xbox hard drive... i can see it but so far havent been able to succesfully copy it to anywhere that i can access in windows or get xboxhd tools to locate it and generate the keycode off the cd.

#1157 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 04 May 2007 - 07:42 PM

@ewjX, ndure install by default install .06 ( means F drive only) and you can choose to have .67 ( F+G). Advantage/disadvantage depends on you.. with a large F drive, you can put everything on one partiotion but if you choose F+G and configure the dashboard to look for games in both drives then theers no difference..

to format the drive, get xbpartitoner from xbins or somewhere else and run and format.. easy as that..

@£iquid-!ce, since the harddrive is unlcoked, you can acces the hardrive in windows with xplorer360 ( also works with xbox)

http://dwl.xbox-scen...rer360beta5.rar

#1158 ewjX

ewjX

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 May 2007 - 08:52 PM

QUOTE(kingroach @ May 4 2007, 09:18 PM) View Post

@ewjX, ndure install by default install .06 ( means F drive only) and you can choose to have .67 ( F+G). Advantage/disadvantage depends on you.. with a large F drive, you can put everything on one partiotion but if you choose F+G and configure the dashboard to look for games in both drives then theers no difference..

to format the drive, get xbpartitoner from xbins or somewhere else and run and format.. easy as that..

Okay, thanks a lot, I think I get it now.
But with the Advantage/disadvantage thing, I ment to ask if one way will result in less probability for corruptions or faster read/write speeds or other things like that.
I ask because of the cluster size thing you wrote before.

Edited by ewjX, 04 May 2007 - 08:54 PM.

#1159 szap

szap

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 12:06 AM

Hi, I used your tutorial and completed everything successfully on 2 xboxes. After I backed everything up, I began copying some files over to E:\apps. After that was finished, I proceeded to turn off my xbox and turn it back on. However, it now freezes at the UnleashX screen. This has happened to both of them. Any suggestions on how to rescue them?

#1160 szap

szap

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 02:02 AM

Nevermind, I was able to fix the problem. It must've had something to do with the default dashboard. I booted up an evox cd and changed the dash to evox and they both work fine now. Thanks for the very easy to follow tutorial.

#1161 MadcowMax

MadcowMax

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 03:55 AM

Ok I know I posted this as It's own topic but I think I'd get a better response here (I tried to delete that thread but couldn't) please forgive this noob

but,
I installed the softmod, typical setup, this was like the 5th xbox I've done for a friend. But something wierd happened this time, when I try to boot to unleashX the xbox gives me error 21 but I can cold boot to the ms dash just fine, so I'm thinking i messed up the disk when I set it up for the hotswap, then I tried to undo the mod and try again but now I cant get xboxhdm to even reconize the harddrive. Any help is apprecaited

#1162 baldmanuk

baldmanuk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 09:37 AM

I upgraded with nDure successfully, it took less than 5 minutes, said it had done, so i pressed a key and it went back to xbrowser.

Then i turned off pc and xbox. Replaced xbox IDE cable on drive and rebooted.
It showed the normal loading screen but then just gives a black screen and the hard drive ticks repettitively. The circle on the eject button is glowing light orange (but NOT flashing).

I have been into xboxhd to try and restore the backup.
I get messages telling me that the the 'hd is unlocked' but 'No xbox partition table found on /dev/hda'

I can play games if i boot the xbox with the game in the drive but cannot get to the dashboard. Could you let me know how to proceed with either restoring the backup or getting the softmod completed successfully!

Can i check the contents of the linux.iso disc i burned to ensure i selected the correct kernel version?

Can i pause a game, hotswap and restore my original hdd state from option 5 in Ndure?

Can i run AID from a dvd and fix it from there?

I havent got to the bit where i enter the <<Eggsßox>> code yet so i presume the box is not properly modded yet?

Thanks in advance for help, im really stuck unsure.gif

Edited by baldmanuk, 10 May 2007 - 09:39 AM.

#1163 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 02:12 PM

do you boot to ms dashboard with eject button?..

#1164 Lithium99

Lithium99

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 05:27 PM

Hi all, this is the first time for me modding any xbox, but I am running into some problems after a few days of trying to troubleshoot it on my own. sad.gif

Earlier this week, I went through the softmod instructions here and everything seemed to be working fine. Unleash X loaded beautifully and I thought I was in business. When I went to test my first game, I used my original Halo 2 game from a cold-boot to make sure originals still played fine. It booted, no problem.

So I turned it off, ejected the disc, then cold-booted without a disc in the drive. It threw me straight to error 21. Great, I thought I really screwed it up somehow. Then I found the "error 21 on softmod" thread, explaining how to revert back to the original xbox dash and try again. I went all the way through that, but now this time, instead of error 21, it just hung on the xbox logo. Original xbox games would still boot though. So I power it off, go to bed so I can clear my head and try again tomorrow.

Now, as of this morning, the very first time I cold-boot my xbox with the original Halo 2 disc, it sends be straight to error 21 again!!! Now, it won't even boot originals. No matter what I try, it gives me an error 21 message.

I'm still trying to hotswap it without success, because during the linux load, it gives me a 'seekcomplete error' and never lets me load any tools to recover C.

I'm worried that my xbox is hosed, but I'm still willing to try more things. I did perform the backup step during the softmod attempt, but I don't have the eeprom.bin file, or don't know how to get it yet. I just think that I'm digging myself into a worse situation here the more I mess with it, so I'm hoping that someone can please point me in the right direction....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#1165 Lithium99

Lithium99

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 09:23 PM

Ok, I think I've got it working now, whew!

I re-read the "art of hotswapping" thread, and tried disconnecting the DVD cable to do the hotswap. This time, it gave me an error 12, but it unlocked the drive for me and I was able to recover the original xbox dash files using xboxhdm.

Now I'm going to be sure and grab that eeprom as soon as I softmod it again!

There's a ton of info on this site, and I'm going to absorb a little more before doing anything else. Thanks for the awesome board guys!

#1166 wellmodded

wellmodded

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 May 2007 - 02:14 PM

can some help me out i am not finding ndure not EVEN on X""the""bins
can some give me the address on X""the""bins for ndure and cash1.1

#1167 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 03:22 PM

you need irc to get into xbins server:

irc://irc.efnet.net/xbins

#1168 wellmodded

wellmodded

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 May 2007 - 03:25 PM

i think u miss understood my question i now how to get into to xbins wht i want to now is where the files is in xbins

OK nvm i found it
just wondering tho i see ndure2.4 and ndure 3.0
just wonderign which one should i get i now ndure 3.0 is for pc based aplication and this is using XBOXhdm just wonderign will ndure 3.0 work

Edited by wellmodded, 12 May 2007 - 03:42 PM.

#1169 carneiro69

carneiro69

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 12:48 AM

Hi, need a little help, please!

I got a virgin 1.6 Xbox, and followed this tutorial. I disconnected the Xbox's DVD drive from IDE, powered on, hotswapped on an error 12, ran NDURE, and installed it with option 2. Then, starting the Xbox in the poweron button loaded the original M$ dash. And starting it from the eject button launches an error 21.

1) I now believe I should have added something to the boot CD to install a new dash with FTP capabilities, right?

2) Performing the tutorial again, this time installing a dash, will solve my problems?

Thanks!

#1170 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 01:56 AM

if you get ms dash on power button.. set the date to currentdate and time and restart..

@wellmodded,

you shoudl use ndure 3.0..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users