• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 midway

midway

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 April 2003 - 11:55 AM

We know the X-box can support USB , but would it be possible to take an EEPROM chip,flash it and then wire it to a USB mabye even and IDE cable?

Mabey some soldering would be required and its kinda like the PS2 NEOKEY wich only required 1 wire to solder.

I at the moment got an X-box as a gift from some family in Portugal the only problem is that i live in South Africa , and i have no cash and i mean flat broke. (ANY OLD MODCHIP DONATIONS WOULD BE VERY APPRECIATED )

thnax

#2 Scan-C

Scan-C

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 28 April 2003 - 11:58 AM

no,the box wouldn't recognize the chip as a bios replacement.but if you can effort an EEPROM you can build your own homebrew mod and solder it in

#3 Futura

Futura

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 April 2003 - 12:19 PM

www.premod.com is giving away free modchips. Maybe you should check them out for a cheap modification of your Xbox. Allrighty, they're giving away almost useless Enigmah's (1st gen) but hey, a modchip is a modchip.

#4 eznow

eznow

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 28 April 2003 - 01:50 PM

that site dont work heh under construction

#5 rjm2k

rjm2k

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 28 April 2003 - 09:28 PM

QUOTE (midway @ Apr 28 2003, 12:55 PM)
We know the X-box can support USB , but would it be possible to take an EEPROM chip,flash it and then wire it to a USB mabye even and IDE cable?

Mabey some soldering would be required and its kinda like the PS2 NEOKEY wich only required 1 wire to solder.

I at the moment got an X-box as a gift from some family in Portugal the only problem is that i live in South Africa , and i have no cash and i mean flat broke. (ANY OLD MODCHIP DONATIONS WOULD BE VERY APPRECIATED )

thnax

What version xbox do you have?

#6 craigncheri

craigncheri

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 29 April 2003 - 11:18 PM

it probably could be possible to defeat the copy protection using a usb device, or a device on the ide connector, but there is nothing that does it right now.

why would you want to go this route when mod chips, are so cheap and easy to intall. not to mention 007 hack.

#7 davidhes

davidhes

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Computer, Rugby League

Posted 30 April 2003 - 05:36 AM

hey midway if you dont care about live why not simply flash the tsop with that 007 file if you have agentunder fire that is and then do it through linux! just a possibility. even if you had about $10 you could make a cheapmod yourself to you know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users