• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sdashiki

sdashiki

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 02:59 PM

Well this is a new one for me, and Googling produces some answers, but none for me.

Got the 1.6 with an AladdinXT popped in.

It has

BT
D0
L1

wired to the board.

I just attempted to bridge BT and the ground to get it to "always on"....

That works fine, only the XBOX now WONT TURN OFF!?

Plug it into the wall, dont touch the power button, it turns on. Tap the power button, does nothing!

Disconnect the BT-ground connection, goes back to normal. (so its nothing to do with the mobo, the power button or any of that)

Now on my own personal XBOX (1.1), did i mention this XBOX with the problem is a friends?, I have the same setup but I never hooked up L1.

Has anyone either had this problem, or would disconnecting L1 from the board completely fix this?

Edited by sdashiki, 13 March 2006 - 03:01 PM.

#2 CrucialMods

CrucialMods

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 14 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 March 2006 - 07:21 PM

If you still have BT on the chip wired to the BT connection on the motherboard and you are grounding BT on the chip then you are also grounding BT on the motherboard so that will cause that...If that didn't make sense then basically what I'm saying is make sure BT connection on the motherboar is not being grounded in any way..

#3 RUiN

RUiN

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 March 2006 - 11:18 PM

Disconect L1 and ground BT to mobo.

#4 ModdingManiac

ModdingManiac

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,715 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 14 March 2006 - 09:21 AM

QUOTE(sdashiki @ Mar 13 2006, 03:06 PM) View Post

Has anyone either had this problem, or would disconnecting L1 from the board completely fix this?

L1 only controls the LED so thats not your problem, follow Crucial's advice

#5 sdashiki

sdashiki

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 02:53 PM

the soldering done is a top notch job, tiny wire and a micro soldering tip were used.

L1 and BT are both connected to what they need to be and nothing else.

So, BT is not grounded out anywhere.

And if it was, it would already be "always on".

Connecting BT to the GRND, as seen here IPB Image

causes it the XBOX itself, not the modchip, to be always on.

I am going to try to disconnect L1 and reattach the BT/GRND, because I will lose nothing (since L1 isnt needed by me anyway) but I dont think its going to help.

EDIT: nope disconnected L1, reconnect BT grnd, same problem.

since I had the machine open, and the ALWAYS ON wire is attached at one end to BT, I did some trial and error just placing the wire to the GRD and other spots on the chip. where it touched and did something always just turned the XBOX on, its like crossing BT and GRD is pressing the power button, and holding it. Because you cant use the power button to shut it off so long as the BT grd is connected.

when I connected the BT to grd by hand and removed it, the XBOX starts up but I can use the power button. So there IS some sort of short between the BT and GRD but I dont know where to look or hoW!

Edited by sdashiki, 14 March 2006 - 03:09 PM.

#6 ModdingManiac

ModdingManiac

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,715 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 14 March 2006 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE(sdashiki @ Mar 14 2006, 03:00 PM) View Post

L1 and BT are both connected to what they need to be and nothing else.
So, BT is not grounded out anywhere.
And if it was, it would already be "always on".
Connecting BT to the GRND, as seen here IPB Image

causes it the XBOX itself, not the modchip, to be always on.

I am going to try to disconnect L1 and reattach the BT/GRND, because I will lose nothing (since L1 isnt needed by me anyway) but I dont think its going to help.

EDIT: nope disconnected L1, reconnect BT grnd, same problem.

since I had the machine open, and the ALWAYS ON wire is attached at one end to BT, I did some trial and error just placing the wire to the GRD and other spots on the chip. where it touched and did something always just turned the XBOX on, its like crossing BT and GRD is pressing the power button, and holding it. Because you cant use the power button to shut it off so long as the BT grd is connected.

when I connected the BT to grd by hand and removed it, the XBOX starts up but I can use the power button. So there IS some sort of short between the BT and GRD but I dont know where to look or hoW!

Ok maybe we are not on the same page but for the always On there should be no wires going to the chip at all and only a small bridge between BT on the chip and ground on the chip (D0 also grounded also of course)..It sounds like you have a wire going from BT on the motherboard to BT on the chip and also adding the little bridge for the alwyas on method which is wrong.

What happens when you remove the chip, does the xbox still power on by itself?
If its still doing the same thing then there are problems with one of the 10k resistors where L1 and BT usually connect to or something wrong with the power/eject assembly or even a possible burned trace.

#7 sdashiki

sdashiki

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 01:59 AM

i know now wut is wrong

need to disconnect BT from mobo

bridge BT to LPC on modchip.

done and done.

thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic