Photo

Not 1 But 2 Doa4 Updates, But What Do They Do?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bigpoppafurious

bigpoppafurious

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 March 2006 - 04:49 PM

Well, with all the good games coming out for the 360, it had been a while since i played the game that made me get the system and wait 3 days after christmas to open it in the 1st place,DOA4......not to mention ive been waitng for the update patch since it was first announced. So, last night around 12 am or so i popped in my fav. fighter only to be surprised that an update is avalabile. Had to erase some demos (stoopid outfit) and trailers to make a little room, but after the update was succesful. Question, what had changed?? Well, as far as i could tell it seems they did try and balance out the players. Overall, some players like Lisa, seem to be slower, or not as fast, it just seems that they play differently for some reason i cant really pinpoint it, and it seemed like the players outfits were altered a little, and look alot cleanier. Like they sharpened everything up. One noticeable difference is the load times, which average 4 sec. usually. Now they are about 5-6 sec. because it seems to save before each fight. Guess they fixed the lost save problem. I didnt spend to much time playing, cause im hooked on g.r.a.w., but i did take it for a spin online. Now, check this, when i went online, there was another online specific update. Im like 2 updates, this is great. well, after the 2nd update downloads, it asks if i want to reset my statics. I had to think about this, i hadnt played to much online, so i really didnt have that much to lose, it said i woulnt lose any avatars or anything, so i said yes, but im curious as to what this really accomplished, it did give me the option to rest at a later date, and said i could only reset once. The online seemed to connect better and faster. So, fast when i did get in a match i got slaughtered. I did notice it now gives the options to save online replays, and ontop of the life bar, where your gamertag appers it also shows your grade. I didnt play online to long, i also assumed that there would be a announcement on this site about it somewhere but i havent seen it. So this was my input, if anyone notices any other changes, or where a official list of changes appears, i would love to hear about it............

#2 deakphreak

deakphreak

Ting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,432 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 13 March 2006 - 04:53 PM

That was quite a long post smile.gif When you reset your stats do you get your default starting zach points back again? I may just have to reset my stats if thats true so i can not spend it all on dumb costumes since you can get those easily by other means. tongue.gif

#3 bigpoppafurious

bigpoppafurious

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 March 2006 - 04:57 PM

QUOTE(deakphreak @ Mar 13 2006, 10:00 AM) View Post

That was quite a long post smile.gif When you reset your stats do you get your default starting zach points back again? I may just have to reset my stats if thats true so i can not spend it all on dumb costumes since you can get those easily by other means. tongue.gif

yeah kinda long, but informative to others i hope........, it said you wouldnt lose avatars or zach points so i guess the answer to you question is no.

#4 deakphreak

deakphreak

Ting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,432 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 13 March 2006 - 05:00 PM

Dang. Yea that post was helpful and im sure other will enjoy it as well. It made me want to go home and play this game again lol

#5 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,995 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 13 March 2006 - 07:05 PM

Cool I suppose that is the great thing of X360 Live when it comes to updates like this. When they are actually useful lol tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users