5 replies to this topic

#1 johnnyxbox

johnnyxbox

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 06:13 PM

Hi everyone...first I'd just like to thank this entire community...I've run into some serious roadblocks and at every turn you guys have helped me provided I took enough time to find the answers I was looking for.
But I have a few questions that I'm hoping a few of you might be able to answer:

#1 - I frequently have problems copying files to the Xbox because of naming

conventions...for example if a file has a + or the filename is too long, it won't copy. If

there a program I can use that will ignore this stuff or do I have to rename everything?

I'm aware that I can use FTP to work around this problem but I'm hoping for a better

solution as FTP is inconvenient for me. I just want to burn to DVD and copy. Even dvd2xbox seems to get hung up.

#2 - Some games won't work from the hard drive.
Black Hawk Down for example. Why?

#3 - I want to put a new DVD drive in my XBOX. Is there anything I should know before doing

so?

#4 - Does netplay work on the XBOX? For SNES or Genesis specifically? How about N64? Does

it work with games that only have Netplay built into the games programming or does it work

for any 2 player game??? If anybody has EXPERIENCE doing this (N64 especially) I would like

to hear from you. I'm afraid plugging my xbox into a router might enable ms to disable it remotely.

#5 - is it possible to play Xbox games online without Xbox Live?

#6 - I noticed a playstation emulator for the xbox...I'm assuming you'd need to install a CD

compatible drive into the XBOX to use this...correct?

#7 - Is a modded xbox the coolest goddamn thing ever created or what?

Thanks in advance to anyone that shared their time!

#2 modthebox.tk

modthebox.tk

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Interests:checking out hacks hardware mods. I make customs out of anything
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 March 2006 - 06:33 PM

QUOTE(johnnyxbox @ Mar 14 2006, 07:20 PM) View Post

Hi everyone...first I'd just like to thank this entire community...I've run into some serious roadblocks and at every turn you guys have helped me provided I took enough time to find the answers I was looking for.
But I have a few questions that I'm hoping a few of you might be able to answer:

#1 - I frequently have problems copying files to the Xbox because of naming

conventions...for example if a file has a + or the filename is too long, it won't copy. If

there a program I can use that will ignore this stuff or do I have to rename everything?

I'm aware that I can use FTP to work around this problem but I'm hoping for a better

solution as FTP is inconvenient for me. I just want to burn to DVD and copy. Even dvd2xbox seems to get hung up.

#2 - Some games won't work from the hard drive.
Black Hawk Down for example. Why?

#3 - I want to put a new DVD drive in my XBOX. Is there anything I should know before doing

so?

#4 - Does netplay work on the XBOX? For SNES or Genesis specifically? How about N64? Does

it work with games that only have Netplay built into the games programming or does it work

for any 2 player game??? If anybody has EXPERIENCE doing this (N64 especially) I would like

to hear from you. I'm afraid plugging my xbox into a router might enable ms to disable it remotely.

#5 - is it possible to play Xbox games online without Xbox Live?

#6 - I noticed a playstation emulator for the xbox...I'm assuming you'd need to install a CD

compatible drive into the XBOX to use this...correct?

#7 - Is a modded xbox the coolest goddamn thing ever created or what?

Thanks in advance to anyone that shared their time!

1.no
2. clear cache maps
3. no really, just look around on google
4. multiplayer on NES and stuff? no. ms tracking you (only if you sign in).

#3 cerealkillajme

cerealkillajme

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 14 March 2006 - 06:38 PM

3. If you install a new DVD drive I would go with a Samsung, they are the best rated of the 3 XBOX drives.

5. You can use Xlinkia or XBConnnect to play online. They are both free, but you won't find anywhere near as many people on there.

6. The PS emu works, I have it, but I've only used it once, and yes they have to be run from a disc.

7. Hell yes, I love XBOX modding.

As far as M$ seeing you online, you are perfectly fine doing anything on the box besides signing into XBOX live with the modchip/softmod on. As long as you coldboot an org game with a softmod or boot an org game with the modchip off, you have nothing to worry about.

Edited by cerealkillajme, 14 March 2006 - 06:39 PM.

#4 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 14 March 2006 - 06:41 PM

QUOTE(cerealkillajme @ Mar 14 2006, 06:45 PM) View Post

they are the best rated of the 3 XBOX drives.

4 xbox drives that is...

#5 cerealkillajme

cerealkillajme

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 14 March 2006 - 06:44 PM

Thompson, Samsung, and Phillips.... What's the 4th one?

#6 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 14 March 2006 - 06:47 PM

hitachi/lg. it is found much in the late 1.6 and not too bad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users