throwingks

X-S Freak

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 21 April 2006 - 06:54 PM

If you have all that money, can you help me out? I want to invest it and I will give you back your initial investment plus 4% over 5 years. love.gif

#32 Mr Invader

Mr Invader

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 April 2006 - 10:59 PM

Either the prices are going to be too high; or they are gonna lose money if the prices are too low.

That's a fact, not an opinion.

Sony is in a lose-lose situation.

#33 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 01:40 PM

QUOTE(Mr Invader @ Apr 23 2006, 06:06 PM) View Post

Either the prices are going to be too high; or they are gonna lose money if the prices are too low.

That's a fact, not an opinion.

Sony is in a lose-lose situation.

dont tell dragon that, the boy is in so much denial its scary. they COULD sell games at a regular cost of $59 but they would be required to have a MUCH higher attach rate to even break even. and it is also a fact that sony's system has never been the strongest for attach rates, since they appeal to the most commen/average comsumer they dont buy the same amount of games as Nintendo's and MS's hardcore audience.

it will surely be interesting to see what happens.

#34 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 April 2006 - 04:42 PM

QUOTE(KAGE360 @ Apr 24 2006, 08:47 AM) View Post

dont tell dragon that, the boy is in so much denial its scary. they COULD sell games at a regular cost of $59 but they would be required to have a MUCH higher attach rate to even break even. and it is also a fact that sony's system has never been the strongest for attach rates, since they appeal to the most commen/average comsumer they dont buy the same amount of games as Nintendo's and MS's hardcore audience.

it will surely be interesting to see what happens.

Im sure a certain person will disagree with that, even though we could find proof within seconds laugh.gif

Good to see members like Mr Invader understand simple economics. Sony has one thing going for it and its a biggie, and thats Mindshare. If they let that slip, they are in trouble, big trouble. Then it wont matter what prices are what. They had also better be prepared to ship boxes overnight to customers who have a faulty ps3, I think they have a better chance of seeing a Halo compilation become an exclusive for the ps3 laugh.gif

#35 incognegro

incognegro

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,519 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 26 April 2006 - 10:22 PM

jus want to remind ppl that n64 games cost $80 when they first came out. And the retards still bought themn in record numbers. So i dont anything is stoping sony from selll the games really expensive. And the pricing of 360 is deteermined by the publisher not MS. Thats why MS published games are so cheap (none of them over $50 unless limited edition stuff).

#36 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 April 2006 - 10:30 PM

QUOTE(incognegro @ Apr 26 2006, 05:29 PM) View Post

jus want to remind ppl that n64 games cost $80 when they first came out. And the retards still bought themn in record numbers. So i dont anything is stoping sony from selll the games really expensive. And the pricing of 360 is deteermined by the publisher not MS. Thats why MS published games are so cheap (none of them over $50 unless limited edition stuff).

hey! im not a retard! just an ass! laugh.gif

I bought Goldeneye for 100.00 at waldens software, thats how much they were selling them for. I saved $$ buying the n64 off my brother for only 50.00 so it wasnt a total loss.

people said 60.00 was too high for games yet the 360 games flew off the shelves in record #'s

incognegro is right, anyone that thinks 60 or 70 is too high, dont buy games, problem solved. But dont say others wont, because they will.

I would have bought every 360 game I currently own if it was 80.00 instead of 60.00, I guess maybe I am retarded. I would pay double that for Oblivion smile.gif

#37 Mr Invader

Mr Invader

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 12:55 AM

QUOTE(incognegro @ Apr 26 2006, 04:29 PM) View Post

Seriously? N64 games were $80?! Dang, all of the ones i ever got were $60 or below.

And yes, i would have also payed double for Oblivion cuz some games just get everything right.

Edited by Mr Invader, 27 April 2006 - 12:57 AM.

#38 luda06

luda06

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 01:14 AM

I think the games will be in between $50-$70 dollars. The speculated high cost of production of the console and the new disk format, could make the prices high as $70 bucks, but to stay competitive with MS, the games could be in the $60-$65 range. Eventually the prices will drop to the $50 dollar range, but that's at least 2 years into production if the console is successful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users