• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 timcwoo

timcwoo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 10:01 AM

I recently bougt a muppetX modchip which is said to basically be a aladdin XT modchip. I have an xobx version 1.6 so I had to rebuild the LPC. Unfortunately, when rebuilding the LPC, i accidentaly pulled off one of the metal tiny circular contacts on the circuit board (solder wont stick to it now). if you want to know which one, it is the contact the shortest noncolored wire attatched to one of the middle pins is soldered to in this pic:
IPB Image
so i just put a giant glob of solder there in hope it will work. Well i soldered everyhting else down and ran the xbox and viola! it doesnt work (turns on and off 3 times and then flashes red and green). when i unplug the chip it works fine though. What should i do now? also in that picture some of the pins are removed, while i solders ALL the pins in. which one should be done, or does it even matter? thanks.

#2 Julius Pleaser

Julius Pleaser

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 16 March 2006 - 01:37 PM

Post pics of your board so we can take a look.

#3 gjm

gjm

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 16 March 2006 - 04:02 PM

It is fine to solder all the pins in. Any not needed by the chip should not be connected on the chip anyway.

Look at the trace coming off the pad you destroyed. In the pic you posted i think it goes off to the top of the image. Find where that trace goes to, there will hopefully be another pad or a via on the end. You should be able to connect the LPC pin to that pad with kynar and all will be well. Pics are a good idea as Julius Pleaser said.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users