3 replies to this topic

#1 smudge

smudge

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 03:04 PM

Hi guys. Been a while since I posted last mainly as I have a few older xboxes running perfectly with all the mod-cons imaginable. I had a spare chip in my drawer, a Xecuter 2.2 lite I think although there is no name on it (looks like 2.3b but red). I fancied another xbox so got my hands on one.

Inside the Xboxdash main system info, I get this reading:

K 100-5838:01
D 100-5960:01

For Kernel version etc. I cannot find this in any tutorial so I think this may be a very recent xbox, maybe a 1.6 or higher (if there is one). I haven't dismantled it yet as I didn't want to void the warranty unless I knew I could chip it.

I think my chip is too old for this Xbox? I don't need all the bells and whistles that the X3 offers, but if that is the only chip that works on the newer xboxes I will have to bite the bullet and get one. Basically my other xboxes areused for everything 'except games' and I fancy a games box now, with a modchip. I prefer Xecuter. Please advise me on my next step? Many thanks in advance.

ToDo

1. Accurately verify Xbox version.
2. List chips compatible with this Xbox version.
3. If old chip still supported, find archived install guide on web?

P.s. I am not a young member.. 3 times xbox-scene has reset my rating! Grr

Edited by smudge, 16 March 2006 - 03:05 PM.

#2 cerealkillajme

cerealkillajme

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 March 2006 - 04:10 PM

To verify version, check my sig. Can't offer input for the others, sorry.

#3 ctgene

ctgene

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
  • Interests:Golf
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 16 March 2006 - 05:10 PM

team xecuter has install tut for the 2.3 lite on a 1.6, didn't do a real in depth search on their site but yoiu may give it a go before buying a new chip...if you don't want to go the expense of the x3 you could always get a 2.6 which is a very nice chip...you might also look into the duox2 cromwell, they seem to get good reviews from everyone...I've installed a couple and they are nice easy installs...of course the 1.6 does need the extra work on the rebuild but still pretty easy to work with if you have soldering skills

#4 smudge

smudge

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 09:18 PM

Thanks for your input guys. So essentially the 2.3 lite will work on the 1.6 xbox? All I need to do is confirm the xbox model (interior inspection) and follow the tutorial. I only need basic 'chipped' features, bnothing like all the bells and whistles the X3 offers (unless I must use it!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users