X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,617 posts
  • Interests:Everything
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 March 2006 - 06:40 PM

Hey guys. I got GRAW and love it. However, I'm on the mission after "Mayday. Mayday!" when you begin in the jungle and fight into the city. However, my enemies are no longer outlined in red after actually being seen by me or with my UAV. Vehicles are also not outlined. (UAV spotted troops show up on the Command map). I still see my cross-com and team helath, though.
I heard that you can turn the outlining on or off, but cannot find the option to do so.
Can anyone help me with this? Thanks.

#2 VinnySem

VinnySem

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 16 March 2006 - 06:49 PM

Not exactly sure this is a problem persay, the Cypher UAV can't see enemies or vehicles if they're under cover of foliage or brush, or under a covered structure. Try playing MP on the temple map, all the jungle cover makes the UAV nearly useless.

#3 CattyKid

CattyKid

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 07:30 PM

QUOTE(VinnySem @ Mar 16 2006, 12:56 PM) View Post

Not exactly sure this is a problem persay, the Cypher UAV can't see enemies or vehicles if they're under cover of foliage or brush, or under a covered structure. Try playing MP on the temple map, all the jungle cover makes the UAV nearly useless.

Oh, THIS much I know. However, enemies aren't outlined even after I SEE them with my soldiers' eyes. I can put the sight (reticle) over them and the "Attack" command appears and I can command my troops to attack. And the UAV spots them, but they don't show up on my HUD.
Also, when I tell my soldiers to move, they move the the directed places but the "Move icons" do not appear (you know, those blue circles with the triangles above them that are there until the troops get there).

#4 Mikeizzle

Mikeizzle

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 09:50 PM

Yea i bet its a glitch. This game is mad glitchey. Its great, but glitchey. I would constantly have to guess where my team would go cause the outline thingey dident show up when i moved my troops around.

#5 mitch2025

mitch2025

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 09:56 PM

hold down the X button and scroll to the dimond looking icon. this toggles the red dimonds on and off. maybe you turned it off when trying to turn your night vision on/off

#6 ILLusions0fGrander

ILLusions0fGrander

third echelon agent

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 16 March 2006 - 10:08 PM

some missions have things you must destroy to get rid of the interference before you can use your hud.. either that, or just manually select it like above poster.

#7 CattyKid

CattyKid

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 11:29 PM

QUOTE(mitch2025 @ Mar 16 2006, 04:03 PM) View Post

hold down the X button and scroll to the dimond looking icon. this toggles the red dimonds on and off. maybe you turned it off when trying to turn your night vision on/off

This sounds likely, I'll try it and tell you how it came out.

ILLusions, I've played that mission and it's not that, but thanks.

#8 CattyKid

CattyKid

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 12:36 AM

QUOTE(mitch2025 @ Mar 16 2006, 04:03 PM) View Post

That fixed it!! Thanks very much. I knew you could turn it off, but wasn't sure exactly how.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users