• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 CamdogXIII

CamdogXIII

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts
  • Interests:Modding xbox's, building computers.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 March 2006 - 02:20 AM

long story short i have a locked xbox hdd without the matching eeprom, so i tried using atapwd to unlock it with the master password (which i know to be set to TEAMASSEMBLY) and i have the screen where the hard drive i want to unlock set as primary master and the cd drive is the secondary master. but when i try to unlock the drive with the password it says "command rejected by drive" and i am dumbfounded. i really hope that this can be fixed or else i have a 250 gb paperweight mad.gif

#2 blame canada

blame canada

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,356 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 March 2006 - 02:30 AM

you can try using xboxhdm's lock/unlocking tools. If not, then you can always return the hdd as "defective" tongue.gif

Edited by blame canada, 17 March 2006 - 02:30 AM.

#3 Textbook

Textbook

X-S Hacker

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts
  • Interests:Xbox and Computers
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 March 2006 - 03:57 AM

make sure you're typing TEAMASSEMBLY exactly like that. It's case sensitive and has to be perfect.

If you try typing teamassembly or TeamAssembly or TEAM ASSEMBLY, it won't work. It has to be TEAMASSEMBLY. If that's not your problem, at least I tried.

#4 CamdogXIII

CamdogXIII

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts
  • Interests:Modding xbox's, building computers.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 17 March 2006 - 04:18 AM

QUOTE(Textbook @ Mar 16 2006, 10:04 PM) View Post

make sure you're typing TEAMASSEMBLY exactly like that. It's case sensitive and has to be perfect.

If you try typing teamassembly or TeamAssembly or TEAM ASSEMBLY, it won't work. It has to be TEAMASSEMBLY. If that's not your problem, at least I tried.

trust me, i've tried that many, many, many times. and ldots unlocking tools need the eeprom or the user password to unlock the hd, i don't think that it will accept the master.
but what i'm going to try and do is use a newer comp to unlock it with. the one i'm using now only has 16 megs of ram! so i'll post again when i've tried on a newer one.

#5 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 18 March 2006 - 08:27 PM

If you are trying to unlock a HD that was locked with an eeprom, you are probably out of luck without that eeprom.

When i first started out I screwed up 2 HDs before I learned. Now I am very careful and very anal about my procedures.

Most vendors won't allow you to return locked hard drives. I ran into that with my 2 locked ones.

In atapwd try XBOXSCENE. That is what I remember the master password is set to. I always go into atapwd and set the master password manually to XBOXSCENE just to be sure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users