edwinmcdunlap

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 18 March 2006 - 02:32 AM

Alright guys, I have a few questions regarding a hard drive upgrade on a softmodded Xbox.

My friend wants to upgrade the hard drive on his Xbox, which is softmodded. However, he also uses this same box for playing on Live, so if he just sets up the new drive, he won't be able to use Live of course. (regarding the marriage theory and all that stuff)

Is it safe to flash a new eeprom to this softmodded box with ConfigMagic? Or is that only doable if a modchip is installed?

#2 king_dick

king_dick

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 02:47 AM

it is safe, but when you flash the new eeprom to the box make sure any virtual eeprom is turned off and lock the new hard drive to the new eeprom.

it's also a good idea to back up the old eeprom onto a pc before hand just incase mistakes are made.

#3 edwinmcdunlap

edwinmcdunlap

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 06:57 PM

Thanks for the answer.

How do I know if a virtual eeprom is on?

#4 king_dick

king_dick

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 07:25 PM

Most softmods that use nkpatcher will have a virtual eeprom. Most softmods come with a readme or a walkthru or something like that. Just find out which one you have and read around a bit

#5 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 March 2006 - 02:58 AM

On the E drive you should see a Sahdowc Folder.

Let me ask you this, why would a new eeprom allow him to play on live? Was the old one banned? If not you are doing this for nothing.

I would read through the forums regarding getting banned from live and see what has happened to others.

The only true safe way to play on live is to put the original hard drive back in and play with the original game disc. There are other ways, but as I said read the forums.

#6 king_dick

king_dick

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 03:57 AM

QUOTE(1hotjob @ Mar 18 2006, 07:05 PM) View Post

On the E drive you should see a Sahdowc Folder.

it's not on the e drive for all soft mod packages so to be safe I'd just look up your package and make sure

#7 edwinmcdunlap

edwinmcdunlap

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 04:07 AM

Let me ask you this, why would a new eeprom allow him to play on live? Was the old one banned? If not you are doing this for nothing.

According to the marriage theory, you will be banned from Live if you upgrade your hard drive without flashing a new eeprom as well.

#8 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 March 2006 - 07:26 AM

QUOTE(edwinmcdunlap @ Mar 19 2006, 04:14 AM) View Post

According to the marriage theory, you will be banned from Live if you upgrade your hard drive without flashing a new eeprom as well.

I need to do more reading through the forums, but this is the first I have read about the marriage theory. If your eeprom isn't banned and you add a larger hard drive, your eeprom still isn't banned until you log into live with a modded Xbox. Replacing your non-banned eeprom with a new non-banned eeprom gets you nowhere. That is what I am saying. I just don't see why you feel the need to replace a non-banned eeprom.

I am trying to learn all I can. That is why I read the forums. I stay off of live because I know my Xbox will get banned. TSOP modified. The ones I do now are all softmods. I need to read more about the Krazies Ndure, which I just started using. The ShadowC, from what I know, should allow you to access live and not get banned. But like me, you should read everything you can about getting banned before you change your system.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users