6 replies to this topic

#1 AlpineX2

AlpineX2

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 06:51 AM

Before I modded my xbox I had it set to 1080i through the MS dashboard than I modded it. I did a softmod using the gamesave exploit and I have no way to access the orginal dashboard and when I go into the settings to turn off all of the 1080i 720p and 480i etc... my xbox still won't work on my NON-HDTV with componet hookups. I use the unleashX dashboard and basicly the prob is I can play the xbox with componet hook ups on my hdtv but NOT on my NON HDTV.

Also have a 2nd question if anyone might know, is there anyway to make backups of my games that are like in the 600 meg range I have cell damage and when I try to burn a backup on nero it won't do it I use the DVD part but it wan'ts to automaticly switch to cd.

Edited by AlpineX2, 18 March 2006 - 06:54 AM.

#2 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 March 2006 - 07:04 AM

there are various ways to get msdash working with softmods which can be found by doing a search cuz this question must have been answered more then a million times.
as for the backup if you use the regular nero burning rom (not the express stuff) you can switch back to dvd if the image is smaller then 700 mb

#3 AlpineX2

AlpineX2

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 07:12 AM

I can not use the search feature on this website for some reason it gives me an error so for the millionth and one time can someone explain to me how to access the orginal ms dashboard.

#4 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • 9,340 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 07:18 AM

so the google search doesn't work either or something?
the easiest thing to do for you I guess is to uninstall the exploit and then set the msdash to your likings. and next time do not use a crappy softmod package.
also doesn't unleashx come with hd settings?

Edited by krayzie, 18 March 2006 - 07:19 AM.

#5 AlpineX2

AlpineX2

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 08:13 AM

Nice, you're to lazy to answer a question you have already grown a custom to answering a million times but you're not to lazy to reply with a smart ass comment like uninstall your exploit and "don't use a crappy softmod package". Sorry sir but we are not all xbox geniuses such as yourself some people try to do as much research as they can and they make do with what they find, or maybe other people might have "bought" there system already softmodded and have no idea where to start. Or maybe one to many people have asked the same question one million to many times so it's turned you into a smartass but you're a Moderator on this board and I figured you would be above that. But by looking at your post history on a fourm that doesn't get the greatest amount of traffic you probably have nothing better to do with your time.

Edited by AlpineX2, 18 March 2006 - 08:14 AM.

#6 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • 9,340 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 08:33 AM

If you were in my position wouldn't you get tired of people asking the same question over and over again? I was not trying to be smartass I'm just trying to encourage people to do some research themselves which shouldn't be too hard in your case. I can understand that you may not be left satisfied with such answers but sometimes it isn't a bad thing to actually do some researching yourself and not have people spoonfed you with every single thing.
As for your problem and the very little info you give it's also hard to give a solid specific answer because every case can be unique and the one answer may not aply to the other therefore it might most of the time be the easiest to just upgrade to a package in where the msdash is set up automatically. If you do not like such answers or the direction I send you then you have a nice day of trying to figure it out on your own.

#7 Alex548

Alex548

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,412 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 March 2006 - 08:55 AM

QUOTE(krayzie @ Mar 17 2006, 11:40 PM) View Post

But by looking at your post history on a fourm that doesn't get the greatest amount of traffic you probably have nothing better to do with your time.

haha... funny. This is THE biggest xbox related site on the internet so you don't know what the hell you are talking about. Second, the regular search feature may be down, but GOOGLE search is just fine. Don't be lazy... SEARCH.

Lastly, you used a lame softmod package supported by a competing xbox site (if you wanna call that lame HQ site compeition). If you want tech support for that installer, visit their forums (ha, what a joke). Good luck with tech support over there since their forums are like a virtual ghost town.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users