2 replies to this topic

#1 meatwad

meatwad

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 01:20 AM

ok the search isnt working right now so

i have a softmodded xbox (mechassault exploit) with a new hard drive.

i was trying to install avalaunch as a dashboard and i guess i had no idea what i was doing...so i put avalaunch in the E:\dashboard folder.(Evox was already installed here, so i put it all together and changed the evox's default.xbe to evox.xbe...

so anyway i reboot and it just freezes on the startup screen. sorry if i didnt explain it well...

i have a picture of the ftp client and how my files are, but i dont know what the rules are...

#2 shadow23

shadow23

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 March 2006 - 01:34 AM

QUOTE(meatwad @ Mar 19 2006, 11:27 AM) View Post

ok the search isnt working right now so
i have a softmodded xbox (mechassault exploit) with a new hard drive.

i was trying to install avalaunch as a dashboard and i guess i had no idea what i was doing...so i put avalaunch in the E:\dashboard folder.(Evox was already installed here, so i put it all together and changed the evox's default.xbe to evox.xbe...

so anyway i reboot and it just freezes on the startup screen. sorry if i didnt explain it well...

i have a picture of the ftp client and how my files are, but i dont know what the rules are...

Well I think what's happening is when you renamed evox (default.xbe to evox.xbe), your xbox is softmodded so the msdash (xboxdash.xbe) is patched so it will launch the exploit first and the exploit is set to look for "default.xbe". So now when it starts up the exploit it is looking for the "default.xbe" (which you have now renamed) and it can't find it so your xbox freezes.

To fix it you need to run the exploit again (coldboot your xbox, meaning put the original game in your xbox turn it off and then back on again) and try to get ftp access to your xbox. If you can then all you have to do is rename avalaunch.xbe or evox.xbe to "default.xbe". Once you have renamed the file restart your xbox and it should boot up.

Edited by shadow23, 19 March 2006 - 01:36 AM.

#3 meatwad

meatwad

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 01:40 AM

alright, thanks...i shouldnt have sold my mechassault...gah i guess ill go try to find one..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users