• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jeremymo

jeremymo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 02:42 AM

Would someone be able to help me by providing me a guide on how to connect my wireless xbox adapter and using programs like XBMC and XLinkKai. Or is it even possbile? I would just like to view videos wirelessly with the XBMC and play XLinkKai games as well; however, i don't even have a clue if it is possible to connect wirelessly using XBMC. I was trying to eliminate the use of wires as i have a wireless setup thanks in advance

#2 TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 20 March 2006 - 06:26 AM

Well you can't play XLink or XBC when the xbox is wireless, only way it will work is if it's wired to a laptop or copmuter that's wireless.

Now XBMC should be able to work correctly wireless just use all default settings and DHCP and you should be good to go

#3 nfiltr8

nfiltr8

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 05:34 PM

Now XBMC should be able to work correctly wireless just use all default settings and DHCP and you should be good to go

I just bought the ms xbox wireless adapter, and i see the wireless led blinking. But, xbmc is not connecting to my win xp pro's shared folders with the above settings. my connection works when i switch to a wired connection.

please help? sad.gif

#4 TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 09:03 PM

I would double check all your xbox's and XBMC's settings, as it may be different with wireless, I haven't fooled with it in quite awhile, wireless is at home, wired is here at college. Also double check to power cycle your network, sometimes a simple reboot can fix everything

#5 DOS4GW

DOS4GW

The XLink Fraggle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts
  • Interests:Pet my Xbox
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 10 April 2006 - 09:09 PM

Hate to step into your area and interfere, TheMuffinMan, but you can of course play on XLink with an Xbox completely wireless. It just depends on the wlan equipment.

#6 TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 05:52 AM

That it can, the WRT54G and other firmware reflashes available for the German cable box ( believe that's what it is) and the routers. However for use with XBConnect, full wireless is not an option. Thank you for the policing of teh areaz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users