5 replies to this topic

#1 keelax

keelax

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 04:27 AM

Please tell me if this a bad idea.

I already did a softmod on my v1.0 Xbox with 120gig HD. I'm sorry to say that I forgot how I did it back then...However, I feel like wiping the HD and redo the softmod. (I still have the original Xbox HD without softmod.) So how should I start? Do I even need to unlock the 120gig HD? Is there a way to softmod the 120gig HD through PC? (If I have my original Xbox HD's files in there) Thanks.

#2 shadow23

shadow23

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 March 2006 - 04:42 AM

QUOTE(keelax @ Mar 19 2006, 02:34 PM) View Post

Please tell me if this a bad idea.

I already did a softmod on my v1.0 Xbox with 120gig HD. I'm sorry to say that I forgot how I did it back then...However, I feel like wiping the HD and redo the softmod. (I still have the original Xbox HD without softmod.) So how should I start? Do I even need to unlock the 120gig HD? Is there a way to softmod the 120gig HD through PC? (If I have my original Xbox HD's files in there) Thanks.

Well I would start by getting the files from the stock hdd (if it's not modified) or get the dash from slayer's. And then use xboxhdm to rebuild you a hdd from scratch (120GB hdd). But you should put the gamesave in the proper folder (E:\UDATA) when you use xboxhdm. Personally I would suggest to use Krayzie's NDure Installer (Gamesave style). Once your hdd is rebuilt run the gamesave and go from there.

NOTE:

I assume that you know what to backup from your xbox hdd and know how to lock/unlock the hdd.

#3 keelax

keelax

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 05:22 AM

QUOTE(shadow23 @ Mar 18 2006, 10:49 PM) View Post

Well I would start by getting the files from the stock hdd (if it's not modified) or get the dash from slayer's. And then use xboxhdm to rebuild you a hdd from scratch (120GB hdd). But you should put the gamesave in the proper folder (E:\UDATA) when you use xboxhdm. Personally I would suggest to use Krayzie's NDure Installer (Gamesave style). Once your hdd is rebuilt run the gamesave and go from there.

NOTE:

I assume that you know what to backup from your xbox hdd and know how to lock/unlock the hdd.

Thanks for the tip, but I really don't know what to backup and how to unlock the HD...The save files I'm not planning to keep, so if I'm correct, I should get slayer's dash, unlock the 120gig HD, backup (something that I don't know), then use xboxhdm to rebuild that drive? Sounds like a good idea for not having to mess with stock HD. biggrin.gif

#4 xman954

xman954

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 March 2006 - 05:29 AM

if you can still FTP then the upgrade will be easy

#5 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 March 2006 - 06:18 AM

You can set up the 120 gig drive just like your Xbox original and do the softmod to it. I did one today.

I have an older Xbox that I did a UDE1 softmod to it. After getting the Krazies Ndure install package I wanted to try it out on the old Xbox to see if I could get the full 200gigs to read.

I have the original Xbox files and the modded files backed up on my computer. BACK UP EVERYTHING.
I, and others, cannot stress this enough. BACK UP EVERYTHING EVERY TIME.

I deleted the files on C and E except the Tdata and Udata. That has the latest games saves. Go into the Udata folder, if you use Mechassault like me, and delete the 4d530017 folder. That has the old exploit files. Copy the new Krazies Ndure 4d530017 folder to the Udata folder.

Copy the original Xbox files to your 120gig drive, except the Tdata and Udata on the E drive. Reboot the Xbox. You will have your original MS Dash back. Put in the Mech assault disk and run the program. With a 120 gig drive you can select the 06 install and put all the space on F. Larger hard drives, use the 67 option to split in F and G.

If you don't have your original C and E backed up, put the original drive in, after getting the Ndure on a removable game save. Copy the game save to the original drive and get FTP access to back up the files to your computer.

You may need to re-read this as I may have rambled a bit. But the main thing is you can softmod the 120 without taking it out of the Xbox.

Let me know if you need more help.

#6 keelax

keelax

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE(1hotjob @ Mar 19 2006, 12:25 AM) View Post

You can set up the 120 gig drive just like your Xbox original and do the softmod to it. I did one today.

I have an older Xbox that I did a UDE1 softmod to it. After getting the Krazies Ndure install package I wanted to try it out on the old Xbox to see if I could get the full 200gigs to read.

I have the original Xbox files and the modded files backed up on my computer. BACK UP EVERYTHING.
I, and others, cannot stress this enough. BACK UP EVERYTHING EVERY TIME.

I deleted the files on C and E except the Tdata and Udata. That has the latest games saves. Go into the Udata folder, if you use Mechassault like me, and delete the 4d530017 folder. That has the old exploit files. Copy the new Krazies Ndure 4d530017 folder to the Udata folder.

Copy the original Xbox files to your 120gig drive, except the Tdata and Udata on the E drive. Reboot the Xbox. You will have your original MS Dash back. Put in the Mech assault disk and run the program. With a 120 gig drive you can select the 06 install and put all the space on F. Larger hard drives, use the 67 option to split in F and G.

If you don't have your original C and E backed up, put the original drive in, after getting the Ndure on a removable game save. Copy the game save to the original drive and get FTP access to back up the files to your computer.

You may need to re-read this as I may have rambled a bit. But the main thing is you can softmod the 120 without taking it out of the Xbox.

Let me know if you need more help.

Nice, I'll that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users