#1 danrowland

danrowland

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 01:16 PM

Hi all,

I'd really like some help with this. I have installed a Xecuter 2.6 with the xapt3r solderless thing, and all boots ok into the flashBIOS 3.03 screen. I have flashed the bios on bank 1 with evox m8 bios, and now when i turn it on it frags when it is switched to bank 1!! if i switch it to bank 2 and reboot it boots back into the flashbios screen. Any ideas what ha happened?

If i boot to the flashbios in bank 2 and try and flash it again, which bank will i actually be flashing? can i flash bank 1 again or have i killed it?

I'm scared of flashing bank 2 incase i kill them both!

any suggestions would be gratefully received!

Cheers all
Dan

#2 ctgene

ctgene

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
  • Interests:Golf
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 19 March 2006 - 05:42 PM

you didn't mention your xbox version...since you can boot to bank2 and get the flashbios screen, I'm guessing it is FB 3.0.3...as long as you do not have a 1.6 box then download x2bm from teamxecuter, load the FB3.0.3 into banks 1&2 and I would recommend x2 5035 bios into banks 3&4, 5035 is a 512K bios and the FB 3.0.3 is 256k x 2 gives you the other 512k for a 1mb bios...before flashing put your switch back to bank 1, this will give you after flashing, FB 3.0.3 on bank 1 and the 5035 bios on bank 2...after flashing set your switch back to bank 2 and you should be good...if you have the 1.6 box use FB 3.0.1 in place of FB 3.0.3

#3 danrowland

danrowland

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 06:10 PM

Hello,

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated.

the xbox is version 1.1. and when i boot into bank 2 i get the flashbios 3.03, and when booting into bank 1 i just get it rebooting 3 times and then flashing red and green. So this sounds to me like i've installed a dodgy bios to bank 1 and bank 2 still has flashbios on it, as it does from new.

You mention that there are 4 banks, on the xecuter 2.6 there is only bank 1 and 2 that you can choose with the switch panel. I'm guessing that these are both split into two to make 4...

By x2bm i assume you mean the bios manager thing. I've looked at this:
http://www.xbox-modc...als/x2bmv22.htm
and it seems that i need to buy an external programmer. Do I really need to do this? I just want to get a decent bios installed onto bank 1 (so that i can install media center).

Can i not do the following to apply the x2 bios to bank 1?:

switch to bank 2
turn on and load flashbios 3.03
switch to bank 1
enable network flashing
conntect from web browser and apply the x2 bin file (which applies it to bank one as this is where the switch is set to)
reboot into bank 1

will that not work? I'll have to boot into bank 2 and flas bank 1 fom there.

forgive me if i've got the wrong end of the stick.. I am hoping i can do this without having to buy an external flasher or taking the chip out again.

Cheers for your help so far!!!

#4 danrowland

danrowland

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 10:56 PM

right, i've just read the tutorial again and had a play with the bios manager and your response makes much more sense! i will try it now and see what happens. i'll boot from bank2, then switch to bank 1 before applying my newly created 1MB BIOS.BIN file.

Thanks again!!

#5 danrowland

danrowland

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 11:08 PM

yay it worked!! i get flashbios on bank 1 and the original flubber with a pink evox thing in the corner when switched to bank 2. i assume this is right.. just need to work out what to do next. might have a go at the slayer installer thing.

thanks again all for your help!

#6 ctgene

ctgene

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
  • Interests:Golf
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 20 March 2006 - 01:36 AM

glad things worked for you...get slayer's or auto installer deluxe, load the dash of your choice and you will be all set...

#7 danrowland

danrowland

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 10:10 AM

nice one, will do! thanks again - i know how annoying it is for stupid newbies like me asking questions they should know the answer to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users