Archigos

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 19 March 2006 - 04:15 PM

I've been doing Softmod's pretty much since the first font exploits with little to no problems. (I've already searched)

The issue I'm having is with my brothers Xbox (a softmod v1.6 w/ stock drive & F formatted). Due to some "issues" he has (don't ask) he will NOT allow me to take his Xbox back to my house or bring over a laptop (he doesn't own a computer), however I have a 256MB USB stick that works and he'll let me use.

Essentially what I'm getting at is:
1.) He only wants to use Trainers (he has problems with some games and loves to cheat)
2.) He currently uses the "GameShark" release of Evox
2.a.) I'm trying to teach him to use the new Xored enhanced XBMC
3.) Whenever I burn CDs with stuff (XBMC, trainers, pics, vids, etc.) it reads on mine but not on his
I've tried everything I can think of and just wondered if anyone knows a better way for boXplorer, XBMC, etc. to read the stuff so I can copy it to his box?

--Currently I bring over my Xbox with the stuff sitting at /E/OBox and use the File Manager in UnleashX to copy it to the USB stick, power off, switch to his box, copy it where it goes, repeat until I get all of it... :(

#2 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 March 2006 - 05:14 PM

An easier way with the two Xboxes together would be to get a crossover cable and FTP from yours to his.

I use XtoolBox for this.

I haven't tried the different CD/DVD media out there to find out what will read in Xboxes best. Your probably going to have to buy small packs of good quality media until you find one his Xbox likes.

#3 Archigos

Archigos

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 06:20 PM

I was thinking about doing that, but not sure how well it would work since there's only 1 TV....
Not to mention I've never used XtoolBox or anything to FTP out from the Xbox... (other then setting the FTP in XBMC)

#4 .:Dino:.

.:Dino:.

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 19 March 2006 - 09:04 PM

heres how to do it, run unleashx on both xbox' and configure a static ip for each xbox .Now just hook a crossover cable between them, boot them both to unleashx, then from one open the unleashx filemanager and choose remote then connect to and type in the ip of the other xbox. Then just transfer.

#5 Archigos

Archigos

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 02:25 AM

Sounds all well and good (I have UnleashX on both xboxs) but like I said, there's only 1 TV that I have access to while doing this... (so I've always just brought the box and never bothered with the cables.)

I'll screw around with it next weekend... thanks for the help guys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users