• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ryker

ryker

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 10:12 PM

When I try to play the original disc of ed edd and eddy misadventures thru xbmc version 3/12 it reboots back to the xbmc dash. I put it on the harddrive using dvd2xbox 2 different versions and same thing. Made a backup copy on dvd and same thing. Original runs fine thru original dash. Backup dvd also runs fine thru the unleashx dashboard so I know it is a problem with xbmc. I was told it might be the xbe title having invalid characters so I changed it and that didn't work either. Anyone have any idea? I hate having to boot to another dash just to load one game.

#2 ryker

ryker

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 11:53 AM

I have narrowed it down to definitely something within xbmc. I can run the game from the unleashx dashboard no problem, from the harddrive,original and backup disk. Not sure why xbmc is preventing it from working but I did notice a fatx file in the game that might be causing the trouble.

#3 ayan

ayan

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 22 March 2006 - 12:13 PM

Both the name of the directory and the title of the game (within default.xbe) have an invalid character. Both errors must be corrected. The default.xbe title is tricky, you need a tool like c_xbox tool to correct it. Had the same problems, corrected them and it works!

#4 ryker

ryker

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 01:15 PM

I changed the directory name to eddy. In cxbox I picked change xbe title and changed it to Eddy. Burned onto dvd with the new xbe title and it still doesn't work. The title does show as Eddy so I know the name is changed. Can you tell me the exact steps you used? I ended up copying to hdd with dvd2xbox but the only time it plays is if I first boot to the ms dashboard then to unleashx, no idea why.

#5 videogamenic

videogamenic

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 10:40 PM

I'm having a similar issue, every recent game I put on the hdd or burn to DVD is not working, it just reboots back to XBMC. I try to launch the .xbe's manually, go into different dashboards (Avalaunch, Evo X, etc)...no matter what, just reboots back to xbmc (which is my default dash) All of the existing games I have on the HDD work fine though. The only changes I've made as far as I can remember are putting new versions of XBMC on, I am running the T3CH version with the MC360 skin from May or June. Any suggestions as to what may be the issue?

Edited by videogamenic, 24 September 2006 - 10:48 PM.

#6 videogamenic

videogamenic

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 02:57 PM

Just upgraded to the latest release I could find, XBMC-CVS 2006-09-18-T3CH, still having the same issue. Just can't understand why it would stop working all of a sudden.

#7 JayDee

JayDee

X-S Legend

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,750 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 25 September 2006 - 04:19 PM

Check the ntsc/pal patching in settings->my programs

Rather sure that if you make a change there the game will run

0 user(s) are reading this topic