17 replies to this topic

#1 GCLDOA

GCLDOA

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 05:03 PM

Hello all !
I've updated recently (weekend) latest patch for DOA 4. Please note, Xbox360 has been ROCK SOLID playing any games (including original Xbox releases).
However, the lastest patch (I believe) made the game and system less stable. That is, whenever your fighting or sparring the character will continue fighting (kicking, etc) without ANY USER INPUT. It's like the (wired) controller has a mind of it's own. This has NOT been a problem before patching and that's for playing hours on end.
Please note: Patches have installed always without a problem. After patching, tried a different controller same problem.
Even using DOA 3, the system did SHUT DOWN after playing one of the movies. What gives ?

Either the Xbox360 patch or DOA 4 is messing up the system or a combination of both patches.
I have read numerous complaints dealing with patched systems that are no longer working or barely.
Patches installed on my system are the 2 for the Xbox360 and the 2 for DOA 4. (whenever told to update system)
Would deleting the game from the hard drive give me a clean slate but have to start over (but not have patch installed) or wait until MS or Tecmo have another patch for this and other problems ?

mad.gif

#2 Nascasho

Nascasho

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 March 2006 - 07:03 PM

Try playing pgr3 and see if yor car drives its self along the track... blink.gif Or invest in a wireless.

#3 CattyKid

CattyKid

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,618 posts
  • Interests:Everything
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 20 March 2006 - 07:54 PM

I'd say it's time to call MS...

#4 spinr34

spinr34

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 08:00 PM

he's just a troll, go away. go to your underground home and stay there! smile.gif

#5 Fuel90

Fuel90

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 20 March 2006 - 09:09 PM

Try deleting the DOA patch and see if it still does it, if it doesn't then you know its the patch.

#6 GCLDOA

GCLDOA

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 11:57 PM

QUOTE(Fuel90 @ Mar 20 2006, 03:16 PM) View Post

Try deleting the DOA patch and see if it still does it, if it doesn't then you know its the patch.

Haven't tried it BUT will. My son's the owner of the xbox360 and was "annoyed" by this problem. While searching the xbox360 system, he did find something related to the patch. My son was waiting for me to get home and "delete" it and see what happens.
Otherwise, the system as stated was ROCK SOLID-No problems before update. Will keep you advised.
Thanks for the comment.

#7 GCLDOA

GCLDOA

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 12:35 AM

Follow up...Deleted patch found in hard drive and still doing same thing. HOWEVER, when I took out the WIRED controller and used the WIRELESS controller, problem appeared to be gone ! That is, no problems.
Is there a possibility that the patch messed up the "wired" controller or created a conflict with usb port ?
The probelm did not exist AT ALL with the wired controller but after the patch or so it seems. The controller is only 2 months old.
Any comments ?

#8 Fuel90

Fuel90

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 21 March 2006 - 12:39 AM

Get some canned air and use it to clean the usb on the controller and the port you plug it in to. That might fix your problem, b/c ur wireless controller doesn't do it.

#9 GCLDOA

GCLDOA

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 02:16 AM

QUOTE(Fuel90 @ Mar 20 2006, 06:46 PM) View Post

Get some canned air and use it to clean the usb on the controller and the port you plug it in to. That might fix your problem, b/c ur wireless controller doesn't do it.

Got out canned air and sprayed into port. However a no go. That is, still a problem. I wonder if the patch messed up the wired controller or usb port. It's possible the controller decided to go belly up at the point where the DOA patch was applied.
It's like the right trigger and B button is being pressed all the time. It's happening on sparring mode or versus mode with 2 players.

Before any updates the wired controller appeared OK.

#10 DaShiZNiT

DaShiZNiT

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 02:21 AM

id try a different wired controller in the same port, or get yours exchanged, before sending it off to M$

#11 GCLDOA

GCLDOA

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 02:26 AM

QUOTE(DaShiZNiT @ Mar 20 2006, 08:28 PM) View Post

id try a different wired controller in the same port, or get yours exchanged, before sending it off to M$

I would try it however I only have one wireless and a wired controller. The wireless as stated working fine so therefore patches not affecting gameplay, etc. However, why would the wired controller (after working for 2 months without a hitch) go bad after update ?
Will try to get another one and see what happens. Will keep you all advised.

#12 653dan

653dan

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 March 2006 - 02:58 AM

have you tried removing all the extra bits of the system (hard disk, memory card, network connection, usb drives, wifi adpater, play-n-charge cable, etc) then load the game up with only the wired controller connected and see if the problem is still happening?

maybe try the controller in all of the different usb ports too (including the one on the back) this might help you pin-point the problem more precisely, also see if there's anyone you can borrow a wired controller from to test out or if you dont know anyone take it back to the retailer and see if they will test a different wired controller with it for you.

#13 GCLDOA

GCLDOA

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 04:15 AM

QUOTE(653dan @ Mar 20 2006, 09:05 PM) View Post

have you tried removing all the extra bits of the system (hard disk, memory card, network connection, usb drives, wifi adpater, play-n-charge cable, etc) then load the game up with only the wired controller connected and see if the problem is still happening?

maybe try the controller in all of the different usb ports too (including the one on the back) this might help you pin-point the problem more precisely, also see if there's anyone you can borrow a wired controller from to test out or if you dont know anyone take it back to the retailer and see if they will test a different wired controller with it for you.

I have tried the front ports BUT not the rear ones yet. I will go out and buy another one (controller) very soon.
One point I need to clarify, the wired controller is a Pelican Generic controller licensed by MS. The wireless is a MS product.
On the removal of items on the unit, no memory cards, no wifi, no play-n-charge, etc. Only have the HD and network cable attached. Will check on network part.
Thanks for the feedback.

#14 esc1

esc1

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 04:45 AM

Jesh peps blaming all sorts of stuff on patches. Why in the world would you think a game patch would have an affect on controller inputs? sleep.gif

A more likely cause would be you dropped or kicked it.

Edited by esc1, 21 March 2006 - 04:45 AM.

#15 BigDaddyShoo

BigDaddyShoo

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 21 March 2006 - 06:02 AM

QUOTE(esc1 @ Mar 20 2006, 10:52 PM) View Post

A more likely cause would be you dropped or kicked it.

exactly.......your son probably just got beaten like a red-headed step-child by someone using one of the big, slow characters and threw the controller at the TV in a fit of rage. jester.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users