webMASTER P

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 440 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 March 2006 - 05:59 PM

I recently modded my girlfriends xbox, and i often come over to her place to watch a movie. The usual drill is i will lug my protable harddrive, or my iRiver MP3 player to her house, hook it up to her laptop, connect the xbox to the laptop and stream the movie.

Is there a way to hook up a portable harddrive to the xbox? I know i've seen tutorial on making your own memory cards, and this is sort of what i am looking into. I am playing all the movies with XBMC, and i know that it doesn't have memory card support. I don't really care, as long as i have a way to copy something from my iRiver to the XBOX HD, i'll be happy.

#2 RiouTheBrightShieldHero

RiouTheBrightShieldHero

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Biking
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 20 March 2006 - 06:11 PM

Do you have a USB port installed to your XBOX? Maybe there is a way to use a USB drive with XBMC if your mod allows the BIOS to it. I know you can get USB ports that plug into the controller port.

#3 chris22

chris22

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 06:17 PM

I am getting my 250 GB HD w/ USB 1.1 / 2.0 enclosure tommaro... ill tell you if it works out.

#4 47_M450N_47

47_M450N_47

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts
  • Interests:Xbox modding, anything with computers and networking. Gaming. Shooting stuff, blowing up stuff.
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 March 2006 - 06:22 PM

You can hook the hard drive up to a USB port (easy to mod a controller port into one) and store data on it. Share all the files you want on the hard drive on your PC, edit your mediacenter.xml file to point to the share on your PC, plug the USB hard drive in (it will have to be formatted), then copy all the files from the share to the USB drive. If XBMC does not support mem cards (I dont remember if it does or not) then copy all the files to your xbox hard drive, use UnleashX to copy the files from your xbox hard drive to the USB drive (it will be recognized as a memcard in UnleashX)

#5 webMASTER P

webMASTER P

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 440 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 March 2006 - 06:53 PM

hmm, i was hoping i would not have to format anything
i still want my MP3 player to be usable

0 user(s) are reading this topic