MartyMcFly

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:none

Posted 29 April 2003 - 12:09 AM

No matter how hard I try, I cant seem to burn the first cd doin the "ozflashmethod" Either that or my xbox wont read my cd-rw's. Im using Imation CD-RW's. I got the file from the "other" main post about this method. Here's exactly what Im doin...

I open up nero...(lastest version off website)
It pops up the program in the backround and a window that says "New Compilation"
On the side of this window it gives me all these different cd types like..."CD-ROM(ISO)" "Audio CD""Mixed Mode CD""CD Extra""CDCopy" so on and so forth... I dont exactly know which of these I want. Though I have tried them all...
I select Disc-at-once in the burn tab. I also lower the burn speed down to 4x. Thats the lowest it will let me. I also have "Write" and "Finalize CD" checked under action in the burn tab.
Under the multi session I have just the "No MultiSession" checked.
Then I click "new" and I select "file" and "burn image" and drag the ozflashcd.iso into the burner.
It doesnt work...Any help...I have one CD-RW left!!

#2 MartyMcFly

MartyMcFly

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 29 April 2003 - 01:27 AM

Is this really supposed to be this hard to do?

#3 aostanin

aostanin

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 April 2003 - 02:42 AM

Close that first menu that you get when nero pops up (the one with CD-ROM (ISO) on the left and all that). Click on File->Burn Image and select the ISO you are going to burn. Now, have the following checked under the burn tab: Write, Finalize CD, Disc-at-once (you can also do determine maximum speed, my burner always burns faster if I have that checked). Now just click write.

This is how I burn all my stuff, I never had a problem, hope it works.

"It doesnt work...Any help...I have one CD-RW left!! "

Remember that you can erase the CD-RW if it doesn't work.

Edited by aostanin, 29 April 2003 - 02:43 AM.

#4 MartyMcFly

MartyMcFly

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 29 April 2003 - 03:32 AM

aostanin...
I just tried to do it exactly the way you said. But...no luck. I just dont understand. I have a version 1 xbox. Maybe the file that Im burning isnt the right file? But its is ozflashcd.iso It seems to me like my xbox cant see the file on the cd. It spins up once then another 1/2 try and then it gives up. I know the file burned to the cd. Ive checked. also you can see it on the cd. I dont know...Im stuck!!!
Also I cant erase a cd-rw if I burnered it disk at once can I?

#5 tester123

tester123

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 29 April 2003 - 03:36 AM

QUOTE (MartyMcFly @ Apr 29 2003, 05:32 AM)
aostanin...
I just tried to do it exactly the way you said. But...no luck. I just dont understand. I have a version 1 xbox. Maybe the file that Im burning isnt the right file? But its is ozflashcd.iso It seems to me like my xbox cant see the file on the cd. It spins up once then another 1/2 try and then it gives up. I know the file burned to the cd. Ive checked. also you can see it on the cd. I dont know...Im stuck!!!
Also I cant erase a cd-rw if I burnered it disk at once can I?

You must write "disk at once".

~Tester ph34r.gif

#6 MartyMcFly

MartyMcFly

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 29 April 2003 - 03:40 AM

Whadya mean? I dont understand. I think I said that I did write it disk at once. I thought that meant the cd was closed and locked? Please help???

#7 tester123

tester123

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 29 April 2003 - 03:54 AM

What is the brand name of your CD/RW hardware... sony, samsung, toshiba... ect? Some brands will only burn good ISO's to certain CD/RW media.

Example... If I burn a Memorex CD/RW and stick it in my Xbox, my Xbox won't read it. But I can take the exact same CD/RW, erase it, pop it into my friends CD re-writer and the burn the ISO. Walk over to the Xbox put in the exact same Memorex CD/RW and it reads it with no problems.

Different media works for different people, because they have different CD Re-Writers.

~Tester ph34r.gif

#8 MartyMcFly

MartyMcFly

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 29 April 2003 - 04:54 AM

Well from what I found my cd-rw burner is a stock "CyberDRV CW058D CD-RW" It says manufacturer "Standard Cd-rom drives" Does that help?

#9 chris67rs

chris67rs

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • Interests:Xbox Mods
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 29 April 2003 - 11:55 PM

you can also use Roxio, it works very good. Nero is great, but sometimes a pain in the ass.

My Xbox will not read Maxtor CDRW's nor Verbatrim , but I have done a 1.0 , 1.1 with the thompson and samsung drives, and they like iMation CDRW's the documents "say" burn the iso at the slowest speed. , I burned my iso at 16X

the bios file requires "filler" files, just some files of your choice to add space to the small bios.bin disk

heres some pics. with a step by step, hope they help

http://www.67rs.com/ozxflash.htm

Edited by chris67rs, 30 April 2003 - 12:10 AM.

#10 bakin1

bakin1

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 12:22 AM

Are you suppose to be able to see the files you put on the CD-RW? I remember reading that if, after you burn the CD, and you try to look at in in explorer(windows) if you don't see anything, thats a good thing. With my dashboard CD-RW(memorex), if I put it in my CD-ROM drive(PC), it looks empty. Anyways, I don't think its good if you see crap on the CD after you are done burning it. I could be wrong though. Burn at slowest speed and maybe try another type of CD-RW.

#11 FIREitUP

FIREitUP

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 2 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 30 April 2003 - 12:35 AM

nope cuz ur comp cant read xbox formatted cds man smile.gif

#12 chris67rs

chris67rs

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • Interests:Xbox Mods
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 30 April 2003 - 12:57 AM

it can read linux cd's though, thats why there will be stuff on the cd

#13 0xffff

0xffff

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 03:13 AM

i'm having similar problems.

i'm using memorex media and it barely works at all. i burned with my cd burner and it wouldn't read at all in the xbox (1.0). i burned it with my other cd burner and it sometimes reads it. now i can get it to boot linux but it won't ever recognize the bios cd.

i also found a direct correlation between its ability to read the cd and temperature of the cpu and the mobo. when the mobo was 34 degrees or above it wouldn't read the cd or would have a very tough time (like 1 / 10 worked). the mobo would go up to 38 degrees by the time linux finished loading and i tried reading a few burns of the bios.

does anyone if know if the motherboard and cpu (went up to 40degrees or so) are supposed to get that hot?

it also wouldn't read maxells. it didn't work with my yamaha 8x burner but worked with my lg 32x.

#14 MartyMcFly

MartyMcFly

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 04:28 PM

So then I just have to keep buying random brands of cd-rw's? thats gonna get expensive. When I said that I could see stuff burned on the cd-rw I meant physically looking at the underside of the cd and when I open up the cd on my comp it shows Ozflashcd. I also found that if you try burning a udf image on nero it gives you the option to "Force DVD-Video compatibility mode (Required for Xbox TM)" Do I need that or by burning the image as a UDF file am I burning it as the wrong type of image to begin with?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users