• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 XDelusion

XDelusion

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Interests:DOOM, Star Wars (Books Comics), Natural Law.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 29 April 2003 - 12:29 AM

Ok, why is it in Gentoo when ever you load up XMMS, it says the sound module is incorrect or some shit.

Also when I load up DOOM Legacy it has no sound and says it could not find dev/dsp.

Also when I try to make something nothing will make, did Gentoo not come with the required files to compile?!?!?! I'd hope not.

#2 mxlegend99

mxlegend99

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 29 April 2003 - 02:20 AM

Well, it cant be the drivers, since everyone has the same soundcards and other hardware (with the exception of the DVD Player) so maybe yours is faulty. Did you change any settings? Maybe you screwed a file up.

When your booting in does it have the sound file at the start?(im assuming Gentoo home, if its pro, then im not sure if one exists) and when you log off?

I think your best bet would be to re-ftp the files to your Xbox. (hopefully you backed them up, i didnt my first time and had to redownload it sad.gif )

#3 XDelusion

XDelusion

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 29 April 2003 - 02:32 AM

Sound works fine, and sometimes I can get XMMS to work in I mess with the modules a bit...

But DOOM always gives that error, and XMMS always need messed with, everything else is fine.

#4 XDelusion

XDelusion

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 07:23 AM

Ok, as for the sound, XMMS is still fucking up, as well as DOOM Legacy (I did not have these problems with Debain).

I did a chmod o+w /dev/sdl/

and am still getting nothing.

As for make, I got that down finally. forgot I had to type a ./ before configure first. :/

Is there any way to just log in as root?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users